Antoine Griezmann

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Antoine Griezmann

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 pm

No1Fan wrote:please could you refrain from calling me a 'wum bandit' flaming is supposedly not allowed on this forum.

Neither are you. :dontknow:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:45 am

http://instagram.com/p/iHH-v3hsL_/#

He knows what team to pick :arsenal3:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:03 am

They all secretly play as arsenal!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 am

Zëdië wrote:They all secretly play as arsenal!

You know Tim Sherwood does :sneaky2:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 am

We're linked with 90 players every window.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Volnerman08 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:10 pm

My favorite football manager player of all time lol. Always destroys teams on the left wing in my Arsenal saves.
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby @timjbharg » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Angelito wrote:We're linked with 90 players every window.

Isn't that the fecking truth? It's impossible to keep up with the rumours.

Didn't Wenger offer £15m or something last week for Griezmann and Sociedad said no? Wait until the summer - Sociedad can't really compete for the title in Spain (and were recently smashed 5-1 by Villarreal, a club whom I think they would consider a rival due to them having very comparable teams) and would probably need to sell while they can get money for him. £15-20m in the summer, thanks.

Of course, everything is my own educated guess.
@timjbharg
Patrick Vieira

Postby friedslice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:please could you refrain from calling me a 'wum bandit' flaming is supposedly not allowed on this forum.

Neither are you. :dontknow:

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :lol:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:27 am

@timjbharg wrote:

Didn't Wenger offer £15m or something last week for Griezmann and Sociedad said no? Wait until the summer - Sociedad can't really compete for the title in Spain (and were recently smashed 5-1 by Villarreal, a club whom I think they would consider a rival due to them having very comparable teams) and would probably need to sell while they can get money for him. £15-20m in the summer, thanks.

I'd say highly unlikely.

99% of the things written in the media are made up.

doesn't stop some idiots taking it as gospel. people believe far too much of what the media tell them, and that's not restrictive to football and sport...
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby @timjbharg » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 am

friedslice wrote:
@timjbharg wrote:

I'd say highly unlikely.

99% of the things written in the media are made up.

doesn't stop some idiots taking it as gospel. people believe far too much of what the media tell them, and that's not restrictive to football and sport...

Hey, didn't I say it was a rumour and a guess? My guess is based on Griezmann having now had a taste of Champions League football that he will most likely want a transfer to one that's regularly in the competition (and not one that gets K/O in the first round!). I can't see Real Madrid or Barcelona being in for him, nor PSG (pretty much the only French club guaranteed to be seen due to billions of oil $'s), so that leaves clubs in England, Germany and Italy. I'm not sure if any of the Italian clubs can afford a large transfer fee. So that means England or Germany - Bayern already has a massively talented squad with two excellent wingers and more attacking midfielders than you can shake a stick at, so that leaves Dortmund and possibly Schalke, and, of course, Arsenal, in for him. Schalke might try to sign him if we nick Draxler from them...
@timjbharg
Patrick Vieira

Postby FasterThanWalcott » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:20 am

Checking the highlights from this real sociedad game. Antoinne Griezmann scored two great goals so far in CF position.

Bet Wenger got a little chubbed up after watching Griezmann tonight. Griezmann fits the profile perfectly, he's a bonafide Wenger-player.
FasterThanWalcott
Patrick Vieira

Postby Cripps » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:41 pm

The forward has earned a France call-up on the back of his impressive goalscoring form in La Liga this season and the Gunners boss admits that the 22-year-old is a transfer target

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal are monitoring Real Sociedad forward Antoine Griezmann.

The 22-year-old has been in impressive form so far this season, scoring 19 goals across all competitions to help his side into sixth place in La Liga.

Arsenal remain in the market for a striker to reduce some of the goalscoring burden on Olivier Giroud, having failed with January moves for Alvaro Morata and Miroslav Klose.

Speaking to Telefoot TF1, Wenger admitted that the French winger is of interest to the Gunners, stating that they had been "following Antoine Griezmann for a long time".

Griezmann is currently La Liga's third-highest scorer behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Diego Costa and his exceptional form has earned a first call-up to the France side for their friendly with Netherlands.

Arsenal, meanwhile, could not find the target on Saturday as they slipped to a 1-0 defeat at Stoke, leaving them four points behind leaders Chelsea, with Wenger left to bemoan his side's inability to cope with the Potters.

"You have to give credit to Stoke, they defended well with resilience and they made the game very physical," he told reporters.

"We knew before the game, they have the highest number of fouls in the Premier League but we didn't cope well enough with it.

"Honestly I don't want to talk about the referee. I have nothing to say about [fouls on Giroud], I'm long enough in the game to make my own judgement and I prefer to concentrate on our performance."

www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4656168

Never heard of him. Seems impressive though
Last edited by Cripps on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 pm

:pray:
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 pm

He's been a star on FM for years and glad he's actually turning out good unlike most of them ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:44 pm

He's not a striker though...
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz