Antoine Griezmann

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Antoine Griezmann

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm

We need a winger tbf
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Sims » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Walcott - Özil - Griezmann
Costa

OH MY DAYS.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:10 pm

meh wenger is following everyone, but when its time he rarely makes a move. Griezmann will have big clubs after him and i think we have missed out on this one
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby prolific » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Antoine Griezmann 25m£ release clause.

Marco Reus 30m£ release clause summer 2015.

Just saying.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:58 pm

prolific wrote:Antoine Griezmann 25m£ release clause.

Just saying.

Summer 2015. Plus we could accommodate both
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Massa wrote:

Just saying.

I wouldn't pass up Griezmann on the off chance that we could get Reus a year later. He is pretty loyal to Dortmund and if he does agree to leave you can guarantee bigger and/ or richer clubs than us will be bidding for him.

Griezmann is absolute quality, would love him to come in the summer. A quick, left-footed winger with a keen eye for goal is exactly what we need.

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Callum wrote:
Massa wrote:

Just saying.

I wouldn't pass up Griezmann on the off chance that we could get Reus a year later. He is pretty loyal to Dortmund and if he does agree to leave you can guarantee bigger and/ or richer clubs than us will be bidding for him.

Griezmann is absolute quality, would love him to come in the summer. A quick, left-footed winger with a keen eye for goal is exactly what we need.

I was agreeing with you. We'd have to wait until summer 2015 and we can use both by then anyway
Would prefer right footed so we can have one inside and one outside winger though
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Massa wrote:I was agreeing with you. We'd have to wait until summer 2015 and we can use both by then anyway
Would prefer right footed so we can have one inside and one outside winger though

Oh I know, I was just musing really.

Griezmann as a starter with Cazorla/ Chamberlain back-up on the left wing is pretty good. I'd love Reus for obvious reasons but really don't think we'd have a chance in hell of getting him.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Gould » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:34 pm

I've been hoping this will happen for a while and let's hope they owe us a favour after vela
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Callum wrote:
Massa wrote:

Just saying.

Second goal......is that a wide player attacking the space :hail:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:46 pm

gooney wrote:Second goal......is that a wide player attacking the space :hail:

I know - the idea of Ozil threading through balls into space for Walcott and Griezmann to run onto is a dream.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Haven't seen Griezmann so don't know how he plays but assuming he's a left footed Theo I'm not sure about having Ozil as our only creative outlet. Would need a striker that drops deep and two technical CM's for it to work imo. Chamberlain is a player that could offer those runs and also create
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Massa wrote:Haven't seen Griezmann so don't know how he plays but assuming he's a left footed Theo I'm not sure about having Ozil as our only creative outlet. Would need a striker that drops deep and two technical CM's for it to work imo. Chamberlain is a player that could offer those runs and also create

Özil has played with two runners on either side at Real but you're right about needing the striker to drop deep which Benzema does to create space for the wide player. I'd have Chamberlain play the Di maria role on the wing though as a runner and having the ability to come into midfield when need be to make up numbers when needed. He'd provide more balance in the team than playing too outright runners.
As for two techincal CMs that's why I want a DLP instead of a deep lying playmaker and Ramsey is very good at creating too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:57 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Massa wrote:Haven't seen Griezmann so don't know how he plays but assuming he's a left footed Theo I'm not sure about having Ozil as our only creative outlet. Would need a striker that drops deep and two technical CM's for it to work imo. Chamberlain is a player that could offer those runs and also create

Özil has played with two runners on either side at Real but you're right about needing the striker to drop deep which Benzema does to create space for the wide player. I'd have Chamberlain play the Di maria role on the wing though as a runner and having the ability to come into midfield when need be to make up numbers when needed. He'd provide more balance in the team than playing too outright runners.
As for two techincal CMs that's why I want a DLP instead of a deep lying playmaker and Ramsey is very good at creating too.

Currently those spaces are occupied by Giroud and Flamini so we need to sort them out before trying to adapt the way we play
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Callum wrote:
Massa wrote:

Just saying.

the second goal where the bloke busts a gut to get there to clear it only to nod the ball in his own net is priceless :rofll:
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill