Fabian Schar

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Fabian Schar

Postby Est83 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Zedie wrote:He was 23 in 2013, now he's 22 in 2014.

Sign him up.

A unique attribute... truly one of a kind!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Cripps » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 am

Arsenal are frontrunners in the chase to sign Basel's highly-rated centre back Fabian Schar, according to reports.

The Gunners are in the market for a defender and have reportedly identified the Swiss star as the man to solve their defensive troubles, claim TuttoMercatoWeb.

Schar, who recently admitted he wants to leave Basel in January, has attracted a host of interest from other European clubs and is valued at £10m by the Swiss giants.

The 22 year old's contract expires in the summer it's expected that Basel will settle for a lower transfer fee which is more likely to appeal to Arsene Wenger.

Wenger's side have conceded five goals in their previous two matches against Anderlecht and Swansea, with many suggesting that they will need defensive reinforcements if they are to maintain a challenge for a Champions League spot.

It remains to be seen whether Arsenal will step up their interest in January as they aim to add to their defensive depth ahead of the crucial second half of the season.

From Eurosport facebook
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:44 am

Arsenal are keeping tabs on Basel defender Fabian Schar, whose contract expires at the end of the season. The Swiss club want £10m but would accept less. Meanwhile, Lukas Podolski is set to stay in north London.

Source: Daily Star
Saturday, 22 November 2014 23:00
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

How hard is it for a club like arsenal sign a CB from basel who has 6 months left on his contract? I swear even i can set up a simple transfer like that, yet if we try to sign him it will take us until end of the window to get anywhere
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:13 pm

gooney wrote:How hard is it for a club like arsenal sign a CB from basel who has 6 months left on his contract? I swear even i can set up a simple transfer like that, yet if we try to sign him it will take us until end of the window to get anywhere

Pretty hard for anyone when the windows not open mate
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
gooney wrote:How hard is it for a club like arsenal sign a CB from basel who has 6 months left on his contract? I swear even i can set up a simple transfer like that, yet if we try to sign him it will take us until end of the window to get anywhere

You know that it is allowed to agree the deals before the window opens! We should have that defender signed and joining us on the first of January - we shouldn't be waiting til deadline day to save a couple of million!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:30 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:

I want a CB to be available for our team 1st of Jan....meaning everything needs to be sorted before and it can be done. everything except the medical and signing the contract and that can be done in less than 48 hours.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cripps » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:

You know that it is allowed to agree the deals before the window opens! We should have that defender signed and joining us on the first of January - we shouldn't be waiting til deadline day to save a couple of million!

This

However anyone we get will be at the end of the window.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:40 pm

lool he is free in the summer. Can you imagine arsenal saying 4 million or we take him for free in the summer. Basel would be like you stingy b@stards you need a CB, just pay a decent price....you are loaded. OK 4.1 million....that is as far we will go
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:53 pm

gooney wrote:lool he is free in the summer. Can you imagine arsenal saying 4 million or we take him for free in the summer. Basel would be like you stingy b@stards you need a CB, just pay a decent price....you are loaded. OK 4.1 million....that is as far we will go

£4m and 1p
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:

Yup, that happens all the time
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Schar, Reid, van Dijk - really don't care at this point. All would be welcome additions.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Smitty_AFC » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:31 pm

10M for a CB with 6 months left on his contract? :rofll:
Smitty_AFC
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Smitty_AFC wrote:10M for a CB with 6 months left on his contract? :rofll:

Worth it if it means we beat other teams to his signature.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Juventus are struggling with injuries and have prioritised signing a defender for January. The Serie A side have made Basel's Fabian Schar their top target, although face competition from Arsenal.

Source: Tuttosport
Tuesday, 25 November 2014 09:11

Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Fabian Schar with the Gunners set to spend £9.5m on the Basel defender. The 22-year-old will make the move to the Emirates in January.

Source: Metro
Tuesday, 25 November 2014 07:04
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill