Alvaro Morata

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Alvaro Morata

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 am

If i was at Arsenal i'd bring Lacazette because i think he fits our system better and if i was at Chelsea i'd bring Morata since he's better suited to Conte's system i reckon.

If i had to pick the better player regardless of system i'd pick Lacazette simply because he has a better goalscoring record but the jury is out for that one. Let's see how next season plays out for both players.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby BexleyGooner » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:30 am

I'd take Laca. I don't think Morata goal scoring record is good enough to warrant £60m+.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:01 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:I'd take Laca. I don't think Morata goal scoring record is good enough to warrant £60m+.

The jury is out on this one.

On one hand he hasn't had a full season of starting role so we dont have a good measuring stick. However, he has done well when given minutes, has a built that can translate well into the PL, and has good technical abilities.

The big question is how well he will handle the pressure of being the main striker for a team looking to win the title. He certainly has the tools and abilities but that is not always a surefire.

The hesitation I always had with Morata was the price tag that came with this uncertainty. For the price being paid you would hope to get a surefire hit, especially considering we don't always buy and pay for high profile players. Chelsea can afford Morata to be a bust. We can't.

To be fair, Lacazette is not a a surefire hit either. He too has to prove that his game can translate to PL.

One question you do have to ask about Morata is that he is 24 years old and should be entering his prime. If he was really really good then why is he not replacing Benzema, who is getting up their in age as well? Maybe RM have been asking the same questions about Morata the ones I just asked.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Neither are world class. Laca has the goals behind him. Morata is younger and can get better.

At this moment in time I wouldn't swap them
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:I'd take Laca. I don't think Morata goal scoring record is good enough to warrant £60m+.

The jury is out on this one.

On one hand he hasn't had a full season of starting role so we dont have a good measuring stick. However, he has done well when given minutes, has a built that can translate well into the PL, and has good technical abilities.

The big question is how well he will handle the pressure of being the main striker for a team looking to win the title. He certainly has the tools and abilities but that is not always a surefire.

The hesitation I always had with Morata was the price tag that came with this uncertainty. For the price being paid you would hope to get a surefire hit, especially considering we don't always buy and pay for high profile players. Chelsea can afford Morata to be a bust. We can't.

To be fair, Lacazette is not a a surefire hit either. He too has to prove that his game can translate to PL.

One question you do have to ask about Morata is that he is 24 years old and should be entering his prime. If he was really really good then why is he not replacing Benzema, who is getting up their in age as well? Maybe RM have been asking the same questions about Morata the ones I just asked.

Good post.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm

GoonerBeatYa wrote:I am not gonna do a poll but if anyone of you had the choice of the two which one would you prefer? Morata or Lacazette?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31223&hilit=striker#p1538746

Hopefully, I'm right with my assessment
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Chelsea fan made this Morata fail compilation when he thought Chelsea was getting Lukaku and ManU was getting Morata.

The comments in the tweet are especially hilarious considering Morata is now going to Chelsea.

:rofll:
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Chelsea fan made this Morata fail compilation when he thought Chelsea was getting Lukaku and ManU was getting Morata.

The comments in the tweet are especially hilarious considering Morata is now going to Chelsea.

Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:19 pm

↑ Better enjoy that Tweet before it is deleted in great mortification by its poster.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Zenith wrote:↑ Better enjoy that Tweet before it is deleted in great mortification by its poster.

Tbf guy said he still holds his opinion that Morata is garbage and is going to keep the video up so fair play to him.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby realtalk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:02 pm

this kid must have gods looking after him. This is his last chance to make a mark surely. real,juve,real now chelsea for big money. Yet has not held a starting spot anywhere. Last chance but lol at chelsea silly fee morate gonan struggle with speed and physicallity here.

Should off bought aubamy.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Laca 100% and I don't even massively rate him

Morata is gonna have to pull his finger out immensely to become a leading striker for a team expected to win the PL. Conte will be good for him but at this point, particularly given the fees, we got the much better deal.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Uh lets just focus on a year down the road. How can people call players shit before a full season? I dont think Lukaku. Morata or Laca are world beaters but all able to do the job.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill