Bernard

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Bernard

Postby prolific » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:43 pm

gooney wrote:
prolific wrote:Theres 100m that can be spent. Ivan, the whole lot of them have talked up how Arsenal can spend big and now with new renewals coming in, the inhouse report on show for everyone to see its clear as day that 100m can be spent. I'd be worried if Arsenal were not looking at more than 1 position. We need a fair few players. I don't care what order they come in as long as they come in!

With regards to this transfer.. he's a real exciting prospect, he's an AM as stated already not a fixed left winger. 11 goals last season and 11 assists. 25m euros is around 20m pounds. I reckon it'll all depend on whether Arsenal can pay around 15m pounds. David Ornstein did say Arsenal are in for an AM which is a position we need to strengthen. This guy could be perfect.

Neither do i. But Im a realist and know there's difference between talk and action. For a club that was gonna spend 70 million, we will have to be very busy second part of the window as we are mid july and hasnt signed anyone

I'm a realist too. Arsenal can spend 100m. Theres no getting around that. Saying well Arsenal seniors are crap we wont do it so lets just get a striker isn't helping anything but papering over the cracks. Push for better or push people out so we can get better.

From this..

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Arsenal priority a top cf. Higuain 1st choice & keen. #Afc also want 1 holding + 1 attacking mdf. No df unless any leave. Not in for Rooney.
1:19 PM - 16 Jun 13
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/stat ... 1838268416

just a rough example in pounds..

Higuain 25m, Fellaini 23m and Bernard 20m = 68m.
Last edited by prolific on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GSK_AFC » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
thrice wrote:
gooney wrote:GSK_AFC
Our biggest weakness is striking position

and AM position

Cazorla and Rosicky plus Wilshere can fill in if needed.

We need a striker first and foremost, followed by a DM and then a solid experienced goalie.

Cazorla is our best option on the left and there's not many better who can play there.
Rosicky is getting older now and will only be able to play only half a season to a high standard (like the last couple of seasons).
Wilsheres best position is CM playing a bit deeper as a bridging midfielder between the DM and AM and was disappointing when playing in CAM last season.
Also in terms of overall creativity, this has been one of our worst seasons as we've over-relied on Cazorla to make chances and winning a lot of matches in scrappy 1-0s. I think CAM is our second most important position after ST.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:02 pm

He's even smaller than Santi !!

'Fraid this is one I've never even heard of til today.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 pm

He's playing with Ronaldinho at Atletico Mineiro so he should pick up some advice and skills from one of the greatest attcking midfielders ever.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Youtube makes him look like Neymar on steroids
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby cokito » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Saw him playing for Mineiro many times at the Libertadores Cup, he is a great player small, fast, can drible and can play on both bands. €25 million is a bit pricey but he doesn't look like a possible flop. He plays foward but more like a wing or SS.
cokito
Liam Brady

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:17 pm

5 star potential on my save of FM13. Has that game ever lied to you?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Zedie wrote:5 star potential on my save of FM13. Has that game ever lied to you?

I hope it did because in my last game I got Sanogo after development age and he wasn't special. He could become only a backup.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Zedie wrote:5 star potential on my save of FM13. Has that game ever lied to you?

I hope it did because in my last game I got Sanogo after development age and he wasn't special. He could become only a backup.

But Sanogo can become one of the best strikers in the world on FM. Literally everyone buys him.

So err is our transfer strategy now: look on FM?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunpowder » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:27 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:

But Sanogo can become one of the best strikers in the world on FM. Literally everyone buys him.

Yeah probably it was me. I got him late and I had a star regen. If I had him since beginning, I could have created a star, like people usually do with Sanogo.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:

Be honest. When was the last time FM failed you
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Wasn't Park Chu-Young a beast on FM
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Gunpowder » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Massa wrote:Wasn't Park Chu-Young a beast on FM

Our Park? Nah, I don't think so. Vela was though.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zinc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Park is a strange one - every time I've watched him live he's looked fine, not brilliant but no worse than the quality displayed by Chamakh. Obviously there was something wrong with him but I didn't get to find out what.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Volnerman08 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 pm

It's funny you should say that. I had Bernard playing aml, wilshere at amc, and gotze playing amr on my fm13 save. Bernard was by far the best player and scored for fun. Obviously this means nothing in real life but the kid does have a ton of talent lol
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill