Bernard

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Bernard

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Zenith wrote:At this point I don't really understand the hype of AOC being a future AM. He will need to improve his passing, decision making and awareness vastly if he ever wants to be a success there imo. Yes he is young and still has time to improve but at this point I would be suicidal to use him as an AM against proper opponents. Give him a few opportunities there in cup ties against lesser sides and see how he progresses. For now he's a winger in my eyes, not an AM.

Jack is a CM and will always be at his best at CM imo.

this this this
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Zenith wrote:At this point I don't really understand the hype of AOC being a future AM. He will need to improve his passing, decision making and awareness vastly if he ever wants to be a success there imo. Yes he is young and still has time to improve but at this point I would be suicidal to use him as an AM against proper opponents. Give him a few opportunities there in cup ties against lesser sides and see how he progresses. For now he's a winger in my eyes, not an AM.

Jack is a CM and will always be at his best at CM imo.

You mean like against AC Milan when he was awesome and bossed the game?
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby billie86 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 pm

tyruk wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Shut up wrote:Ox better on the wing hahaha he was poor last season when played n the wing, he's miles better through the middle.

yes he was poor last season but dude tell me when did he play in the middle last season? If you are basing the opinion that he is miles better in the middle based on 1 performance against a shite asian team than we have nothing left to discuss.

http://vimeo.com/38316515

;)

He played very well that game but that was 2 seasons ago and im pretty sure he played more defensively, imo probably the best game I have seen him play since he joined and I would be all for us playing him there more often.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Massa wrote:
Shut up wrote:Striker, DM, CB are more important.

Striker is, hence second most important

Arteta/Ramsey/Wilshere are better options at CM than Jack at AM
Vermaelen/Koscielny/Mertesacker are better options at CB than Jack at AM

So yes, AM is our second most important position cause Jack is not good there.

Vermaelen is injured for 3 months so that leaves Kos and Merte.

So we have two CB and you think the AM is more important even though we have 4...
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby prolific » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Tim Vickery on Bernard 59:45 mins in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/wf

"He (Bernard) has been linked with everyone, linked with Liverpool, linked with Werder Bremen, linked with teams in Ukraine he's the one that everyone wants. Nothings going to happen until Wednesday because Wednesdays the second leg of that Copa Libertadores Final Atletico Mineiro his team against Olimpia of Paraguay. Bernard was suspended for the 1st leg so they will be desperate to get him back because they lost 2-nil so infront of their own fans Bernard latching onto Ronaldinhos passes thats Atletico Mineiro at their best, the two of them Ronaldinho and Bernard are like one force really Ronaldinho supplies the passes and vision and Bernard supplies the pace. He's also very clever because in football pace alone is never enough what he has is the ability of timing the run he does it soo well he knows when to use that pace and hes very good technically. He is tiny in a way its a similar story to Lionel Messi he had a similar sort of growth hormone problem and he was also treated for it. You do worry a little bit him going to English football if thats his destination. I know Juninho at Middlesbrough done perfectly well and Juninho had a heart of lion and Bernard looks mentally tough as well but it is a step up. I told this story but I think its relevant he came on for the last 10 mins in that friendly vs England just over a month ago the 2-2 draw in the Maracana and in the press conference after the game Scolari Brazils coach said Bernard had said after the game 'wow coach that was a little bit more intense than I've seen before' and that tells you why some of the Brazilian players struggle when they first come to Europe because that was the last 10 mins of end of season friendly and he found it a little bit on the intense side so if he comes straight into the Premier League he's going to lose his bearings for a little while. My hope is, and this is selfish hope I'd like him to stay a little bit longer partly because I love him and love watching him and Ronaldinho together but I was talking to a journalist from the city Belo Horizonte a couple of days ago and he said the club want to cash in, they want to sell they have a player called Luan a ready made substitute they reckon so they think its time to cash in. There might be a work permit problem he doesn't have strictly enough international caps to qualify but the fact hes been in the confederations cup squad should tip the balance his way but as I say I don't think we'll get any progress until Thursday because until Wednesday night all of his thoughts will be on the second leg of the Libertadores Final."

Bring the guy to Arsenal :arse fan:
Last edited by prolific on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yago » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Shut up wrote:
Massa wrote:
Shut up wrote:Striker, DM, CB are more important.

Striker is, hence second most important

Arteta/Ramsey/Wilshere are better options at CM than Jack at AM
Vermaelen/Koscielny/Mertesacker are better options at CB than Jack at AM

So yes, AM is our second most important position cause Jack is not good there.

Vermaelen is injured for 3 months so that leaves Kos and Merte.

So we have two CB and you think the AM is more important even though we have 4...

I do. We still have Sagna and Miquel who can cover for the CBs, but we don't have a great AM.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Miquel at CB? wtf he's nowhere near good enough. And Sagna has had one good game there and now all of a sudden he's a top CB? lol Wilshere is definitely a top AM, no doubt.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Yago » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Shut up wrote:Miquel at CB? wtf he's nowhere near good enough. And Sagna has had one good game there and now all of a sudden he's a top CB? lol Wilshere is definitely a top AM, no doubt.

Did I say they were top CBs? I said they were cover. And Miquel has always looked decent when I saw him play...

And Wilshere is a great player, but at this moment he's just not good enough yet to provide many assists from that position. He's better as a box-to-box.
Yago

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Yes he is better box to box, but he is a better AM option than Miquel is a CB option. That is a fact lol

We need a CB.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Yago » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Miquel would be 3rd or 4th option for CB though, Wilshere is first. We need an AM.
Yago

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Cazorla is first
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Shut up wrote:Yes he is better box to box, but he is a better AM option than Miquel is a CB option. That is a fact lol

We need a CB.

We need both. If Carzola had an off game we looked dreadful in the attack at times. Wilshere is not an AM. I would even say Sagna is better at CB than Wilshere is at AM at this point. Miquel is not a terrible 4th option.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:24 pm

How can you say Sagna is a better CB than Wilshere AM, after one game? Laughable.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Shut up wrote:How can you say Sagna is a better CB than Wilshere AM, after one game? Laughable.

I can have my own opinion. My opinion is Sagna has looked great the two times he's played CB. Yes, it's only two games to go off of but at the same time, Wilshere has looked poor at AM. Wilshere is naturally a box to box midfielder, he's not a fully creative one. Wilshere is also young and learning. Sagna is athletic and has good positional awareness; two important traits for a decent CB. So yes, at this time, I believe Sagna is better at CB than Wilshere is at AM.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Sagna has only played one competitive game at CB. Laughable statement.

Wilshere looked poor because his injury re-occurred.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill