Bernard

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Bernard

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Ox is still developing and his greatest attribute is that he is extremely versatile. He can play on the wing, through the middle and people tend to forget he is capable of doing a job as a central midfielder as well.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Best game I've seen from Ox is through the middle, that is where he'll play for most of his career.

I thought he was poor when played on the wing last season.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Massa » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Shut up wrote:Agree about Jack being really one footed but he will stay AM for next season, whether you like it or not.

Well we're not signing Suarez whether you like it or not but people are still discussing it. And IMO an AM is our second most important position we need to strengthen
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Shut up wrote:Agree about Jack being really one footed but he will stay AM for next season, whether you like it or not.

Well we're not signing Suarez whether you like it or not but people are still discussing it. And IMO an AM is our second most important position we need to strengthen as Jack isn't good there, Rosicky is old and Santi plays left
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Shut up wrote:Ox better on the wing hahaha he was poor last season when played n the wing, he's miles better through the middle.

yes he was poor last season but dude tell me when did he play in the middle last season? If you are basing the opinion that he is miles better in the middle based on 1 performance against a shite asian team than we have nothing left to discuss.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Shut up wrote:Best game I've seen from Ox is through the middle, that is where he'll play for most of his career.

Might as well get my point in about my hero. The best crosser in our squad is Carl. FACT.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 pm

If you think that AM is our second most important position that you have lost the plot.

Striker, DM, CB are more important.

Jack is definitely good enough to play the AM role.

If you accept Ox was poor on the wing last season then how can you say that's his best position? lol
Last edited by Shut up on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:01 pm

IMO Jack will play as a CM next season alongside Arteta. He may chip in as a CAM when needed but he play most of his games as a CM imo. Wilshere is capable of doing the job at CAM but his best position is as a Central midfielder.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Shut up » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:02 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:
Shut up wrote:Best game I've seen from Ox is through the middle, that is where he'll play for most of his career.

Might as well get my point in about my hero. The best crosser in our squad is Carl. FACT.

+1
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:IMO Jack will play as a CM next season alongside Arteta. He may chip in as a CAM when needed but he play most of his games as a CM imo. Wilshere is capable of doing the job at CAM but his best position is as a Central midfielder.

I agree. I do not see Rosicky having much game time.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:11 pm

At this point I don't really understand the hype of AOC being a future AM. He will need to improve his passing, decision making and awareness vastly if he ever wants to be a success there imo. Yes he is young and still has time to improve but at this point I would be suicidal to use him as an AM against proper opponents. Give him a few opportunities there in cup ties against lesser sides and see how he progresses. For now he's a winger in my eyes, not an AM.

Jack is a CM and will always be at his best at CM imo.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby tyruk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Dejan wrote:
Shut up wrote:Ox better on the wing hahaha he was poor last season when played n the wing, he's miles better through the middle.

yes he was poor last season but dude tell me when did he play in the middle last season? If you are basing the opinion that he is miles better in the middle based on 1 performance against a shite asian team than we have nothing left to discuss.

http://vimeo.com/38316515

;)
tyruk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Massa » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Shut up wrote:Striker, DM, CB are more important.

Striker is, hence second most important

Arteta/Ramsey/Wilshere are better options at CM than Jack at AM
Vermaelen/Koscielny/Mertesacker are better options at CB than Jack at AM

So yes, AM is our second most important position cause Jack is not good there.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Trina » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 pm

According to ESPN brasil, the Gunners have been successful in hammering out a deal for the sought-after wonderkid worth £21m.

Bernard hit the international stage this summer at the Confederations Cup squad and has been linked with several Premier League clubs including Tottenham.

Brazilian reporter Alexandre Oliviera has been quoted as saying: "Atletico Mineiro’s Bernard is going to join Arsenal."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ar-Bernard
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 pm

tyruk wrote:
Dejan wrote:

http://vimeo.com/38316515

;)

Yea he was good there? So what? He was good on the wing that season aswell. And for england last season.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill