Matthias Ginter

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Matthias Ginter

Postby prolific » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Arsenal eye move for Freiburg midfielder Matthias Ginter.. who is 19. And valued at £5m
Club's talk of having stacks to spend on stars left open to question as latest target fits same old 'young and cheap' template

By John Cross | 5 Jun 2013 22:30
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... yh.twitter

Arsene Wenger is lining up another deal for a little known youngster. Arsenal manager Wenger is keen to sign Matthias Ginter, a 19-year-old defensive midfielder, from German top-flight side Freiburg in a deal worth £5m. Wenger’s scouts have been tracking Ginter for months and the Gunners have spoken to Freiburg about doing a deal for the 6ft 1in German. While Wenger sees the teenager as a major prospect, the move may not be as popular with Arsenal fans desperate for big name signings. The north Londoners have already done a deal with Auxerre and France Under-21 striker Yaya Sanogo, 20, who has agreed a four-year contract.

Wenger is under pressure to buy big this summer and has the war-chest to do so, but his first two targets are more in line with his reputation for signing and developing young talent rather than go for the (more expensive) finished article. Arsenal have confirmed they are releasing midfielders Andrey Arshavin - their £15m record signing in 2009 - and Denilson and defender Sebastien Squillaci, but Tomas Rosicky has pledged his future to the club despite big-money offers from the Middle East and Major League Soccer. His former club Sparta Prague were also interested. The 32-year-old midfelder admitted he held talks with Wenger and has been given reassurances over his future. Czech international Rosicky said: “I have spoken to Arsene Wenger and he showed total confidence in me. He said he wants me to stay and it was important that I had that because I want to stay. In football, you can never say anything for certain. But I am only thinking about working with Arsenal next season.”

Yeah nice one John Cross. Get anger going for no reason :rolleyes:

Anyone know anything about this guy?
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Matthias Ginter

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Meant to be decent. If we keep all our current backs and sign him and maybe a full-back we're perfect in that area..
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:00 pm

John Cross is a f***ing bellend.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby prolific » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Ginter zu Arsenal London? SC Freiburg dementiert
Laut englische Medien hat Arsenal London Interesse an dem Nachwuchstalent Matthias Ginter. Doch der Sportclub gibt Entwarnung. Der 19-Jährige werde auch in der kommenden Spielzeit für den SC Freiburg spielen.

Fr, 07. Juni 2013 16:17 Uhr - von: Michael Dörfler
http://www.badische-zeitung.de/sport/sc ... dementiert

Mit den ansteigenden Wärmegraden erhöht sich offenbar auch die Betriebstemperatur an der Fußball-Wechselbörse. Und obschon bereits fünf Spieler dem Sportclub Freiburg adieu gesagt haben und zu besser zahlenden Ligakonkurrenten abgewandert sind, vergeht kaum ein Tag, an dem nicht neue Namen an der Spekulationstafel auftauchen. Am Freitag war es – einmal mehr – Matthias Ginter.

Die englische Tageszeitung Mirror hatte zur Überraschung der sportlich Verantwortlichen in Freiburg gemeldet, dass Arsenal London seine Fühler nach dem 19 Jahre alten Talent Ausschau ausgestreckt habe. Ginter, so hieß es, soll angeblich der Wunschspieler von Trainer Arsene Wenger sein. Und noch etwas wollte der Mirror wissen: dass sich die Gunners aus Nordlondon den Wechsel sechs Millionen Euro kosten lassen würden. Der aus dem Elsass stammende Wenger soll Ginter zuvor über Wochen hinweg in Freiburg beobachten haben lassen. Das Dementi aus Freiburg kam schnell und beinhaltete wenig Überraschendes. Jochen Seier, der zurzeit zusammen mit Klemens Hartenbach den Job des Sportdirektors innehat, ließ via Pressestelle gegenüber der Badischen Zeitung ausrichten, dass es entgegen aller Beteuerungen aus England keine Anfrage von Arsenal gegeben hat. Und wenn, "dann hätten wir sie abschlägig beschieden". Ginter werde auch in der kommenden Spielzeit für den SC Freiburg spielen. Der Kicker aus der March, der zurzeit mit der deutschen U-21 in Israel bei der Europameisterschaft im Schaufenster steht, hatte durch sein Auftreten in der abgelaufenen Spielzeit schon andere Interessenten auf den Plan gerufen. Darunter mit Borussia Dortmund auch seinen erklärten Lieblingsklub. Stammspieler mit 19 Jahren, dazu 39 Bundesligaspiele – Ginter hat sich als eines der größten Talente des deutschen Fußballs entpuppt. Trainer Christian Streich hatte aber schon vor längerer Zeit deutlich gemacht, dass man das Juwel nicht so mir nichts, dir nichts von Bord lasse: "Matthias hat einen Vertrag – noch viele Jahre." Einen solchen unterschreibt in Kürze wohl auch Vaclav Pilar. Der 24-jährige tschechische Nationalspieler weilte am Freitag in Freiburg, wo er sich einer gründlichen medizinischen Untersuchung unterzog. Pilar gehört noch dem VfL Wolfsburg, für den er jedoch wegen eines im vergangenen Sommer erlittenen Kreuzbandrisses kein einziges Pflichtspiel bestritt. Pilar gilt in seiner Heimat als außerordentlich spielstark und überzeugte bei der Europameisterschaft 2012 in Polen und der Ukraine die Experten, als er in vier Spielen für die tschechische Elf zwei Tore erzielte. Hergeben freilich wollen die Wolfsburger den Spieler nicht – höchstens eine Ausleihe kommt für die Norddeutschen in Betracht. Motto: Pilar möge sich im Breisgau wieder die nötige Fitness und Spielpraxis holen. Ob es zu dem Deal mit dem Klub aus der Autostadt kommt, hängt nun von den Ergebnissen der Untersuchung bei den Ärzten ab. Diese wollen sich dann auch die dafür nötige Zeit nehmen. Erst zu Beginn der kommenden Woche, so hieß es beim Sportclub am Freitag, werde man über eine Verpflichtung demzufolge entscheiden können. Möglicherweise gibt der Sportclub Anfang der Woche noch andere Vertragsabschlüsse bekannt. Man bemüht sich derzeit, einige jüngere Spieler länger an den Klub zu binden.

Google translation..

Ginter to Arsenal? SC Freiburg denied
According to British media, Arsenal has interest in the young talent Matthias Ginter. But the sports club is clear. The 19-year-old will play in the upcoming season for SC Freiburg.

Fri, 07 June 2013 16:17 clock - by: Michael Dörfler

With the rising heat levels apparently also increases the operating temperature at the soccer exchange market. And although already have the Sport Club Freiburg said goodbye and five players have moved to better-paying competitors League, hardly a day passes, not show up at the new names on the board speculation. On Friday it was - once again - Matthias Ginter.

The English newspaper Mirror had reported to the surprise of athletic makers in Freiburg that Arsenal have extended its tentacles to the 19 years old talent out. Ginter, it was said, is supposed to desire the players of coach Arsene Wenger to be. wanted the mirror And something to know: that the Gunners from North London would keep the exchange cost six million euros. A native of Alsace Wenger should leave Ginter have previously observed for several weeks in Freiburg. , the denial of Freiburg came quickly and contained few surprises. Jochen Seier, who along with David Rennie has held the job as sporting director at the time, sent word via press office over the Badische Zeitung that it has, contrary to all protestations from England, where no request from Arsenal. And if, "then we would have granted abschlägig". Ginter would play in the upcoming season for SC Freiburg. The kicker from the March, which is currently with the German U-21 in Israel at the European Championships in the window, had by his appearance in the last season already other interested parties on the plan recalled. Including Borussia Dortmund also declared his favorite club. Regular player at age 19, to 39 Bundesliga games - Ginter has proved to be one of the greatest talents of the German football. Coach Christian Streich had made ​​it clear a long time ago, that you can not me nothing you nothing of leaving the jewel board ". Matthias has a contract - for many years" Such signs shortly probably Vaclav Pilar. The 24-year-old Czech international was staying on Friday in Freiburg, where he underwent a thorough medical examination. Pilar is still VfL Wolfsburg, but for which he played a single official game due to a sustained last summer cruciate ligament. Pilar is in his homeland as extraordinarily play hard and convinced at the 2012 European Championship in Poland and Ukraine, experts in four when he playing for the Czech Eleven scored two goals. Certainly do not want to give the player the Wolfsburg - a maximum loan is for the North German into consideration. Motto. Pilar may be im Breisgau again the necessary fitness and match practice to get Whether it comes to the deal with the club from the city car, now depends on the results of the examination with the doctors from. This then want to take the time necessary for it. Only at the beginning of next week, it said on Friday at the sports club, you'll be able to decide accordingly about a commitment. Maybe is the Sport Club earlier this week announced yet another contracting. It is currently trying to bind some of the younger players on the club longer.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Christ, I can't stand John Cross.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

The German Denilson? :hiding:

ps have we really already signed Sanogo? Nothing on Arsenal.com!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Callum wrote:Christ, I can't stand John Cross.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Why do people hate John Cross?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Don't have anything against the man personally but that football show "Life is a Pitch" is absolutely terrible.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby gooney » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Cross gets his stories from twitter
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 pm

gooney wrote:Cross gets his stories from twitter

So do most places.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby prolific » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 pm

GT EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal in talks for German defensive duo
July 31, 2013
http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2013 ... ensive-duo

I'm not a big fan of exclusives but even I need one once a year. So here we go. Arsenal are back in the German market! I know what you're thinking. They are in every market at the moment and I'm probably the most critical transfer follower of all time. But this one is for real.

As Gunners Town have been informed Arsenal are in for Matthias Ginter from Freiburg. The German international has been linked with the Gunners at the end of the season but the link has cooled down since then. But with Thomas Vermaelen out for longer than expected and Laurent Koscielny in danger of being injured once again, Arsenal need to act quick. The Ginter contact was first made at the end of the season. At this time around he was looked at as a good prospect to strengthen our defence. A lot players hadn't been shipped out back then so Arsenal were in no hurry to strike a deal. But with players going out and the Vermaelen injury the situation has changed. The Ginter deal was back on when Freiburg and Arsenal worked out the loan deal for Francis Coquelin. Negotiations went on since then and a deal for the 19-year-old seems to be imminent. Arsenal are supposed to pay a fee around £5m for Ginter's service. His current contract with Freiburg expires in summer 2015. The fee may also depend on a future transfer fee option for Coquelin which could be negotiated as part of the deal as well. A decision hasn't been made on that case yet. Freiburg made it clear that they won't hamper the deal as the chance to join Arsenal is too good for Ginter to reject.

So here's what you need to know about Matthias Ginter:

Date of birth: 19.01.1994

Hight: 1,88

Nationality: German

Position: Defender

Right footed

Ginter would fit in nicely as every German signing has so far. Ginter is a central defender. The 19-year-old was in Freiburg’s starting XI 23 times last season without being taken off once. He scored two goals and has an 86.5% pass completion rate with 56.5% defence battles won. He can also be shifted into midfield doing the defensive work. As I reported about Ginter a few months ago, I thought we had other priorities to focus on. I still think we need to get our stuff done today better than tomorrow. But with the typical "two month max" injury we need to act on the defensive front as well. I have no doubt that Ginter would make his mark in the Premier League. He's not a starter but as a back-up for Per Mertesacker and KOZ he's good enough if he's provided with tutoring from high profile defenders. That's it so far. We expect a deal to be done soon as both parties are working on the final details. Please check the Doppelpass section or Germangunners blog for further updates.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

Interesting. But 5 million wouldnt secure Ginter and Tasci is much more realistic option imo. Im delighted to hear we are looking for 1 more CB
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ArsenalNo1Fan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:00 pm

i hope we get him, he impressed me in the u21 championships, very solid reads the game well and tactically disciplined. He will be our new mertesacker with miquel being our new kos
ArsenalNo1Fan

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 pm

No all i can think of is a Ginsters slice
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill