Salomon Kalou

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Salomon Kalou

Postby Sims » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:08 pm

How can they improve their squad if they sell their best player who is irreplaceable? They've replaced him with Lallana so far who I've never rated at all.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:10 pm

This won't happen, just like it didn't happen in the previous 4 transfer windows.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 pm

We replaced our best player with Giroud....

I don't rate Lallana either but that's just our opinions. He clearly had a good season last season and we'll see if he steps it up in bigger games.

I don't think they can replace Suarez like for like but they can do so by bringing in more players who will give them what Suarez did.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Zenith wrote:This won't happen, just like it didn't happen in the previous 4 transfer windows.

4 years more like.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby badup » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Cripps wrote:I don't think they can replace Suarez like for like but they can do so by bringing in more players who will give them what Suarez did.

See Hotspur, Tottenham.
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Spurs are enriched in failure.

Liverpool are England's most successful club. They'll be fine. Unfortunately.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Cripps wrote:We replaced our best player with Giroud....

I don't rate Lallana either but that's just our opinions. He clearly had a good season last season and we'll see if he steps it up in bigger games.

I don't think they can replace Suarez like for like but they can do so by bringing in more players who will give them what Suarez did.

Suarez can be replaced but it isnt as simple as a like for like or more players.

All liverpool have to do is adapt their system to get the best out of who they have.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:04 am

Cripps wrote:When Liverpool finished below us a couple of seasons back but won a trophy, did they have a better season than us then?

I wasn't on here at the time

Didn't ignore the cup win. Us winning the cup and the league are different things. Yes I'd prefer winning the cup than being knocked out early as they were but I'd rather finish 2nd trying our guts out to win the title then not caring and finishing limply in 4th.

As long as Wenger stays, there's only one way we're going and that's not the way you think. He will stick by his failed methods, failed tactics and formation and no matter who we buy, we won't change it unless we change how he thinks or just change manager period. We're on a downward spiral and others have caught up to us. Liverpool have already passed us. Thank god Everton this year and spurs previous years choked when well placed for fourth and with Man utd getting a decent manager they'll be back in the top 4 again.

Liverpool put all their eggs in to one basket and in the end it took the most expensively bought squad of all time to stop them winning the league. We weren't even close.

They have improved their squad and are about to get 70m or thereabout to improve it further.

We have bought no one. That might change in the next few days but as of right now we have shit.

Liverpool didnt get CL but won a trophy. Plenty on here slated us for that. Plenty have slated us for not winning anything for that whole time.

Us winning the league and winning the cup are two different achievements, one we just did, one we havent done for years.

We won an FA cup, got to the last 16 of the CL and came 5 points behind liverpool last season. Liverpool, for all the hot air, came 5 points ahead of us last season.

This is the real world. This is what happened, theres no seperating it.

If we had come 2nd every year for 9 years with no trophy, I honestly cant see the difference in what we have achieved bar playing one less game a season.

the as long as AW stays speech also seems to have changed a bit. Seems like the lack of spending and lack of silverware cant be used anymore so picking holes in tactics is the next thing? Please.

We are actively buying in positions to push us to a new level. Players that could well solidify the system as oppose to just make it tick along.

Avb didnt look as much of a tactical genius without bale and rodgers wont look so hot without suarez.

Mancini didnt win shit without city money, neither did pellegrini.

We are spending proper amounts, fortunes change with fortunes.

Finally, £70m in means f**k all if no one of any proper level wants to come.

50m on luiz
50m on carrrol and downing
60m on shaw and herrera

Theres a reason why they had to spend 25m on lallana instead of adding 5m for sanchez. He didnt want anything to do with them. We pay market rate for world stars to get them, they pay over the odds to get lower tier players in.

if rodgers betters what he did last year (ie win nothing), ill put my hands up. Until then, ill enjoy the summer knowing our team has the experience to actually handle more than 1 comp.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:10 am

Enough of me defending Liverpool. I hope you are right and we take a step up to the next level and become title challengers.

It's just annoying to see a team finish 7th one season then come so close to the title with practically the same squad whereas we finish 4th and stay 4th showing no improvement. And I do believe we have a better squad than theirs as well. Always said if we had Suarez instead of Giroud but kept the other 10 of our players, we'd be champions.

By the way I've always criticised Wengers tactics tbh. Been calling for a change of formation for a long time.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:17 am

Lol papers just doing it for the banter now surely.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Liverpool and Everton are set to rival Arsenal for former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou. The Reds are viewing the Lille man as an alternative to Xherdan Shaqiri while the Toffees want the Ivorian on loan.

Source: Daily Express
Tuesday, 15 July 2014 18:40

Ffs
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby N1Gooner » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:24 pm

For years Kalou's agent has fed cheap links into media circulation. This particular rumor is such a farce because if we'd have wanted him, we'd have got him years ago.

On a barely related note...

On the Talksport transfer section the other day there was a funny moment when Talksport's journalist told how he rang Vidal's agent to inquire about a possible move, he said the conversation lasted 15 seconds and Vidal's agent angrily hung up on him. :biggrin:
N1Gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Callum » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am

ARSENAL MISS OUT ON KALOU AS STRIKER SIGNS FOR SHAMROCK ROVERS

dammit we miss out on quality again #WengerOut
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:59 am

I hope this happens. One of the best attackers. We should sell Santi to accommodate him. I think we're one Kalou away from winning the League, if we ignore a DM/CM.

KALOZCOTT behind Sanchez and in front of Ramdira would GOAT.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 am

when this guy's retired, we are going to being linked with him as a coach.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill