Salomon Kalou

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Salomon Kalou

Postby Zinc » Sun May 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Didn't Kalou confirm we came in for him in January? Hopefully that was just a loan idea and this summer we'll be looking at better options.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Arsenal have been told former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou will cost £5m. Roma are willing to pay the full amount for the Ivory Coast international with Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Monaco also interested.

Source: Daily Star
Wednesday, 9 July 2014 08:09

Was wondering when he'd be mentioned.

Never a transfer window if he isn't linked to us
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

It's like clockwork.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerBeatYa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:48 pm

No thank you, we are onto bigger and better things.

" I eat football. Sleep football. I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."
- Thierry Henry
GoonerBeatYa
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Callum wrote:It's like clockwork.

LOL its become laughable now. Why the feck will we be in for Kalou :rofll:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:10 pm

Lpool / tottenham level. Do not require.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Last I checked Liverpool were in a title challenging level with us content at top 4 trophy level.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Cripps wrote:Last I checked Liverpool were in a title challenging level with us content at top 4 trophy level.

Last time I checked they've had one good season in half a decade and have just sold their best player. Oh, and we actually won a major trophy last season - they won nothing.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Cripps wrote:Last I checked Liverpool were in a title challenging level with us content at top 4 trophy level.

Last I checked liverpool were selling 50% of their total output to barca, replacing him with soton, while we are close to a WC signing, frances top RB and in the market for more.

I also recall us winning silverware and qualifying for the CL after a good run in all comps, while they threw all their eggs in one failure basket.

Spose its what you choose to focus on.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Zedie wrote:

Last I checked liverpool were selling 50% of their total output to barca, replacing him with soton, while we are close to a WC signing, frances top RB and in the market for more.

I also recall us winning silverware and qualifying for the CL after a good run in all comps, while they threw all their eggs in one failure basket.

Spose its what you choose to focus on.

Lets not forget that Sanchez effectively chose us over Liverpool even though Barcelona wanted him to go there. We're the bigger pull even if Liverpool finished five points ahead of us last season.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Are we as Arsenal fans really making fun of a club selling their best players? Really?

It is embarrassing what we Arsenal fans say about Liverpool on here and yes I say we cos even though technically I haven't said anything ridiculous about Liverpool, I am an Arsenal fan.

Give me a title challenge over settling for fourth every season.

Liverpool are a level above us. That is unquestionable ATM. Hopefully if Suarez goes and if we get Sanchez amongst others we can get above them again but that's a few too many ifs. I live in the here and now.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Let's put a Liverpool & Arsenal best XI combined after what's gonna happen in the transfer market:

Szczesny
Debuchy - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Ramsey - Henderson
Alexis - Özil - Sterling
Sturridge

We're better than them. And they will finish outside the top four next season. This season counts for nothing, they didn't win anything and sold their best player. They're also doing a Spurs by replacing a talisman whose irreplaceable with overpriced shite.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zedie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Cripps wrote:Are we as Arsenal fans really making fun of a club selling their best players? Really?

It is embarrassing what we Arsenal fans say about Liverpool on here and yes I say we cos even though technically I haven't said anything ridiculous about Liverpool, I am an Arsenal fan.

Give me a title challenge over settling for fourth every season.

Liverpool are a level above us. That is unquestionable ATM. Hopefully if Suarez goes and if we get Sanchez amongst others we can get above them again but that's a few too many ifs. I live in the here and now.

I was going to post how I kind of sympathise about lpools current situation, but then I realised how many laughs, warranted or not, theyve had about us over the years.

Will I laugh at their misfortune? Of course I will. This is the team that took great joy in holding onto suarez for a season and a half with their crookedness. The club that absolved him of his sins for literally anything and still got mugged by barca for him.

Level above us? I notice you ignore the fa cup win and their big pile of nothing. They were 5 points above us with nothing else to show for it. NOTHING.

even living in the here and now, you cant seriously expect me to believe that you believe lpool have widened the gap by selling suarez and buying lallana lambert and can?

We have debuchy, we are on the cusp of sanchez, we are looking at more.

We are going one way, they are going the other.

we arent suddenly going to go backwards financially, the floodgates have opened. Even if you blame AW or think he will regress in his spending, he only has 2 more years at the helm but the money will still be there along with a sick squad to build on.

its hard for some to cheer up after so long being depressed about everything, but you support a club going one way.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:54 pm

im offended that we're even linked to chelsea outcasts
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:58 pm

When Liverpool finished below us a couple of seasons back but won a trophy, did they have a better season than us then?

I wasn't on here at the time

Didn't ignore the cup win. Us winning the cup and the league are different things. Yes I'd prefer winning the cup than being knocked out early as they were but I'd rather finish 2nd trying our guts out to win the title then not caring and finishing limply in 4th.

As long as Wenger stays, there's only one way we're going and that's not the way you think. He will stick by his failed methods, failed tactics and formation and no matter who we buy, we won't change it unless we change how he thinks or just change manager period. We're on a downward spiral and others have caught up to us. Liverpool have already passed us. Thank god Everton this year and spurs previous years choked when well placed for fourth and with Man utd getting a decent manager they'll be back in the top 4 again.

Liverpool put all their eggs in to one basket and in the end it took the most expensively bought squad of all time to stop them winning the league. We weren't even close.

They have improved their squad and are about to get 70m or thereabout to improve it further.

We have bought no one. That might change in the next few days but as of right now we have shit.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill