Nani

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Nani

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:50 am

Wenger plots swoop for United's Nani after Fergie bust-up... and Gunners could get West Ham's Diame on the cheap, too

Arsenal are looking at a bold January swoop for Manchester United and Portugal winger Nani.

The 26-year-old is out of favour at Old Trafford after a bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson and an impasse over a contract extension, while Wenger looks to bolster his squad for the Champions League and Premier League run-in.

Nani believes his relationship with Ferguson is beyond repair and has privately conceded his future is elsewhere, but United have not totally shut the door on the player, whose contract expires in 2014.

The winger, who missed Sunday's Manchester derby through injury, had a bust-up with promising United midfielder Davide Petrucci earlier this season. He has not played since he was hauled off during the Champions League match at Braga in early November.

Wenger is also keen on West Ham and Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame, whose contract has a £3.5million release clause.

The Gunners manager wants to add a defensive midfielder.

PSV’s Kevin Strootman has been scouted but could cost more than £20m.

Arsenal’s move for Diame looked off on Sunday night when it seemed the 25-year-old would miss the next three months after injuring a hamstring in the 3-2 home defeat by Liverpool.

On Monday, manager Sam Allardyce said: 'We had a massive blow when Momo Diame pulled up and had to come off because everything good about us going forward was generally coming from Mo.

'He was breaking behind Liverpool’s midfield and it allowed the full backs, the wide men, Kevin Nolan and Carlton Cole to get in the box. We could not cope after he went off, we sat back too much and Liverpool punished us.

'It is not just Mo Diame that is out and it is not just two weeks that our players are out for, it has been a crushing blow for us but we will continue to do our best with the players we have available.'

But after medical tests on Monday, the Hammers are hopeful Diame can play again before January.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Nani.html

Don't think it will happen, but would you want him?
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Re: Nani

Postby Swan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 am

no f***ing thanks
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:08 am

This will never happen. Be good if it actually does though, unplayable when he's at his best.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 am

Over Gervinho? Why not.

But why do we keep getting linked with all the players in the world? We're Arsenal FC not Chelsea FC.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 am

He will walk in to the team but sadly we cannot match his wage demands.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby m10j10 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 am

Nani can play on both the wings and have the ability to create chances by opening up the defense from his dribbling style. I would prefer him in our team.

I think we can match his wage demands by offloading players like squillaci, arshavin and chamakh. :think:
Giroud + Özil + Cozorla = "GÖDZILA"
Monreal + Özil + Cozorla +Flamini + Oxlade= "MÖZILLA FOX"
m10j10
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zenith » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 am

m10j10 wrote:Nani can play on both the wings and have the ability to create chances by opening up the defense from his dribbling style. I would prefer him in our team.

I think we can match his wage demands by offloading players like squillaci, arshavin and chamakh. :think:

It's not that easy mate...
Allegedly he's demanding £130 000/week at Utd [which is why they are looking to offload him in the first place].
If we suddenly decide to match his ridiculous wage demands it will provoke reactions from our other players, some might start wondering they deserve it as well - that would screw up our wage bill even more than it is allready. In fact there's a fair chance we'll find ourselves in the same position as Zenit are with Hulk and Witsel, several key players unsettled followed by the entire team falling apart.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby FourSix » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:39 am

No thanks. Good on his day but he's massively inconsistent and he's a massive knobhead.
FourSix
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby golfinguy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:49 am

He's outstanding once in a great while. A complete c*** the rest of the time. And thinks highly of himself, so he'll want money that we won't pay.

Why trade an inconsistent talent that wants more money than he's worth (Walcott), for an inconsistent c*** of a talent that wants far more money than he's worth???

No sense at all. And no thanks.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:55 am

He's too big a t**t to justify his talent. He'd also probably piss off as soon as he had one good season.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 am

shitty attitude, but good player with still very big potential imo.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 am

SAF letting Nani go to a rival (well we USED to be a rival...!!!) can only mean one thing.

Nani's time in football is over. Recall Silvestre everyone?

SAF doesn't do Wenger-charity. He does whats best for Man United. If Nani still had anything to offer, then SAF would keep him. SAF kept ronaldo even though they couldn't pretty much stand each other. Pragmatism and professionalism on what was best for teh club, not best for himself.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 am

I'd take him if it means Wenger will stop playing ramsey on the f***ing wing!!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby m10j10 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Zenith wrote:
m10j10 wrote:Nani can play on both the wings and have the ability to create chances by opening up the defense from his dribbling style. I would prefer him in our team.

It's not that easy mate...
Allegedly he's demanding £130 000/week at Utd [which is why they are looking to offload him in the first place].
If we suddenly decide to match his ridiculous wage demands it will provoke reactions from our other players, some might start wondering they deserve it as well - that would screw up our wage bill even more than it is allready. In fact there's a fair chance we'll find ourselves in the same position as Zenit are with Hulk and Witsel, several key players unsettled followed by the entire team falling apart.

Thanks Zenith, I didn't know he's demanding £130 000/week. In that case, AW should accept Walcott's demands. But in that way too, who will fill the Walcott's position? :doh:
Giroud + Özil + Cozorla = "GÖDZILA"
Monreal + Özil + Cozorla +Flamini + Oxlade= "MÖZILLA FOX"
m10j10
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby FourSix » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 pm

greengoonerie wrote:SAF letting Nani go to a rival (well we USED to be a rival...!!!) can only mean one thing.

Nani's time in football is over. Recall Silvestre everyone?

SAF doesn't do Wenger-charity. He does whats best for Man United. If Nani still had anything to offer, then SAF would keep him. SAF kept ronaldo even though they couldn't pretty much stand each other. Pragmatism and professionalism on what was best for teh club, not best for himself.

I'm sure people that believe that will at the same time ask why we didn't sign Berbatov even though Ferguson no longer wanted him and they'll fail to see their contradiction...
FourSix
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill