Edinson Cavani

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Edinson Cavani

Postby Big17 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Pudpop wrote:People underestimating Ligue 1. Only once has a ligue 1 golden boot winner score more goals than games played and that was Ibra last season, and this season's ligue 1 is 10x more competitive.

No it's not ffs :BangHead:

PSG have just fallen off massively.

Monaco have already scored 50 goals+ goals. Says all you need to know about that league right now where even Falcao is scoring again.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Zedie wrote:All i know is if he was missing those sorts of chances for us and we were sitting in third, he'd have overtaken Giroud, Ramsey and Xhaka as the punching bag. Hes still a good player, but im sorry, he just wouldnt get the massive amount of chances to f**k up week in week out as he does in Ligue 1.

Hopefully Man U sign him for 120m so he can prove this to people over here in 4k ultra HD every week.

Cavani alongside Alexis, Ozil, Lucas/Theo would wreck havoc - not because Cavani would outscore all, but simply because, his movement is the best in the world, which would enable Alexis/Ozil/Theo to capitalize on that.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Pudpop wrote:People underestimating Ligue 1. Only once has a ligue 1 golden boot winner score more goals than games played and that was Ibra last season, and this season's ligue 1 is 10x more competitive.

Pretty much.

Zlatan days, PSG had no rivals and they'd have won the league by now. This season, other clubs have stepped up.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Big17 wrote:There's no agenda. He's just that poor.

There always has been an agenda with you. Last season you said that if he will fail miserably in the middle this season.
Currently on track to get his highest goal scoring amount in his career.

Big17 wrote:If you were to watch him play instead of going off the fact he's been scoring tap in's against teams like Nice you'd see that.

Bit ironic that you are the one calling people out if they actually watch him play because you are the one waiting on your twitterfeed for something to show up.

Big17 wrote:Tonight proved more than ever that PSG need a clinical goalscorer urgently.

Tonight showed that PSG's defence needs to take their head out of their ass.
Their Defence has been wank. The goals they conceded against ludogorets were of amateur sunday's league.

Big17 wrote:Their fans are fed up with Cavani

No they are not. Read their forums and you will see that Cavani is least of their worriest.
Cavani is currently the topscorer of all top european leagues and sitting 2nd behind the Leonel in the champions league.

Big17 wrote:They miss Ibra big time.

Actually they do not. Ibrahimovic has never had such an efficient start(22 in 21 games) for PSG.

Big17 wrote:(The most in Europe) his conversion rate is 55% lol. Not much more needs to be said. Point proven.

That is his shot accuracy, which isnt half bad anyway. You know that C Ronaldo's shot accuracy this season is 42%? Lewandowski has 43% and arguably the best striker in the world Luiz Suarez is only at 50%? They must be terribly players!
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:17 pm

lel
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:56 pm

So Big17, how was school today?

Did you take notes during Mr Dejan's lesson?
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Big L for Big17
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Big17 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Good lord. I really don't know where to start with this. It's like your incapable of understanding what a good/top striker is meant to do. Makes it worse that Mesut is laughing at thus because he thinks it's a good post.

Dejan wrote:
Big17 wrote:There's no agenda. He's just that poor.

There always has been an agenda with you. Last season you said that if he will fail miserably in the middle this season.
Currently on track to get his highest goal scoring amount in his career.

He is failing. Cavani being on track to getting his highest goalscoring amount means shit :rofll: He should be breaking it season after season in that league if he was that good but instead he's just about keeping up with his track with as many goals in as many games.

As good in attack as PSG are and the amount of chances they create, I can't believe you're even praising that to be honest. Scoring a goal or two a game against teams in that league is nothing to brag about when you're playing for PSG, it's the bare minimum.

That game he had against Caen is the type of performance you expect from a him. He was clinical that day, there's no denying that. I don't mean he has to go and score 4 every game but he needs to be that clinical on a regular basis which he's simply not. Any other weekend he would of missed half the chances he got that day.... you know, like we all saw against Arsenal.

Dejan wrote:
Big17 wrote:They miss Ibra big time.

Actually they do not. Ibrahimovic has never had such an efficient start(22 in 21 games) for PSG.

Another ridiculous comment to make. Ibra was never an out and out centre forward for them. He was a target man that was involved in a hell of a lot of their goals whether he scored, assisted or created the chance he was always involved. Now he's moved to the PL you can see he is clearly struggling to adapt because of the difference in quality between the leagues. Yet you think Cavani would make it here? f***ing hell lol.

Dejan wrote:
Big17 wrote:(The most in Europe) his conversion rate is 55% lol. Not much more needs to be said. Point proven.

That is his shot accuracy, which isnt half bad anyway. You know that C Ronaldo's shot accuracy this season is 42%? Lewandowski has 43% and arguably the best striker in the world Luiz Suarez is only at 50%? They must be terribly players!

But none of these players have half the good chances Cavani gets ffs. :rofll: Talk about suiting agendas. You reckon if Ronaldo, Lewa and Suarez had the amount of chances that Cavani did in the two legs against us they would of only scored the two goals? Get back in your box lad.

He does that on a weekly basis. Suarez, Ronaldo and Lewa don't.

Dejan wrote:
Big17 wrote:If you were to watch him play instead of going off the fact he's been scoring tap in's against teams like Nice you'd see that.

Bit ironic that you are the one calling people out if they actually watch him play because you are the one waiting on your twitterfeed for something to show up.

I watch them a lot as it goes. As i've said before I tend to bet on their games and most are streamed on bookies websites. So let's not go there shall we.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Cavani is playing in a real poverty league, try watching one of PSG's games, it's actually shocking they're not winning every game by 4 goals or more....
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:36 pm

lmao so wound up by a good striker, quality.

PSG's got two problems, their defence and their lack of goals outside Cavani. He's scored half the team's Ligue 1 goals, meanwhile Falcao only has 20% of Monaco's.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Mesüt wrote:
elkanofan wrote:I think he's past it and has now become inconsistent.

Maybe the money has got to his head and hes lost motivation. hes not that player anymore.

mind you hes STILL top scorer in ligue 1 this season with 14 goals :think:

16 after the weekend buddy - even was on the PSG forum and they're not really complaining about him, they're complaining about everyone else being shit and the fact Cav is the only one who can provide any goals.

Di Maria, Marquinhos and Matuidi all getting slated.

Big17 talking shit again that's all. I do agree with him that Cavani has some dreadful misses and should ACTUALLY score MORE but he's still more than good enough and dunno where he saw this 'PSG fans fed up with him' lark.

You know i've seen so many horrid performances from him, you would think hes past it :dontknow: :rofll: ! I mean esepcially last year vs Jamaica, i mean i was watching that game as you know and i just couldn't believe how horseshit he was, he has games like this and you just wonder if hes been on some very strong indica the night before.

But again, if your top goalscorer, you cant complain about him.

So hes still top class,just when hes bad hes truly horseshit!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby OptimusPrimett » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:33 pm

I'd take him, play him and alexis up top as a strike partnership. Revert away from 3 centre mids for once. Would bang.
OptimusPrimett
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:19 am

Big17 wrote:He is failing.

Failing - yet topscorer of all top european leagues. Ok son.

Big17 wrote:As good in attack as PSG are and the amount of chances they create,

Another prove you don't watch PSG. Their attack has been very average this season, bar cavani. You know how many goals the players around Cavani have? Matuidi, big star di maria, krycowiak and veratti have f***ing 3 league goals combined in nearly 50 league games.

As I said, Cavani is least of their concerns. But its clear now you dont watch PSG.

Big17 wrote:But none of these players have half the good chances Cavani gets ffs. :rofll: Talk about suiting agendas. You reckon if Ronaldo, Lewa and Suarez had the amount of chances that Cavani did in the two legs against us they would of only scored the two goals? Get back in your box lad.

Yes because Lewan's, Ronaldo's and Suarez's teammates are not as good as the ones Cavani has and so are not able to give them the chances Cavani gets.

Take your L, whatever the f**k that means.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:26 am

Looooooool. What the f**k has Di Maria, Verratti or Matuidi's goal tally got to do with Cavani not finishing his chances? That's a completely different debate. Doesn't change the fact that those players you mentioned are creating a hell of a lot of chances for him.

All you're doing is making weak excuses for him with no real argument.

I don't know if you're being stupid on purpose but WE ALL SAW THE AMOUNT OF CHANCES HE MISSES ON A REGULAR BASIS OVER TWO LEGS.

Whether players around him aren't scoring enough, he's not converting like he should be.

How do you not f***ing understand that?

It makes me sad that I'm actually having to go this far into trying to tell you the difference between a poor striker and a clinical striker. Is this what's really happened to the fans of our beautiful game :(
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:33 am

for me he is the best nr 9 in the world. I would take him ahead of suarez, xosta and aguero......guy will absolutely smash zlatans goal tally. I expect him to get 45 this season
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill