Edinson Cavani

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Edinson Cavani

Postby Big17 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:39 am

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

There's no hope.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gooney » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:44 am

suarez, costa or agueo has never made our defense look as bad as cavani did
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:48 am

Suarez has.

In our defence's defence that defence couldn't defend though
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:55 am

Big17 wrote:Looooooool. What the f**k has Di Maria, Verratti or Matuidi's goal tally got to do with Cavani not finishing his chances?

I didnt imply that. I replied that to the fact that you said PSG's attack is good. Which isnt and thats what the statistic shows.

Big17 wrote:All you're doing is making weak excuses for him with no real argument.

Thats exactly what you are doing, as its obvious for everyone to see.

Poor argument 1: Apparently Cavani is failing. > Busy at having his best season out of his career and top scorer of all european leagues
Excuse 1: Yeah.. but its the league!!
Poor argument 2: PSG's attack has been good this season > No they have not as the statistics clearly show that Cavani is the only one that can score. They've been poor.
Poor argument 3: Cavani has a low shot accuracy > Brb its better than many european's bests.
Excuse 3: yeah but they dont get the chances that cavani get.(bollocks)
Poor argument 4: They miss Ibra > Ibra has never had a good first half of the season that cavani has now.
Poor Argument 5: PSG's fan are fed up with Cavani > No they are not. Read the forums and you will know that he is the least of their worries.

Big L
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:56 am

Wtf? Suarez and costa have ripped us to pieces at times.

Cavani on the other hand...

https://youtu.be/cr-rVMLB0r0

And that's just the first leg. Numerous chances to finish us off but he bottled every single one of them just like he did in the second leg. A clinical striker would of put them top of the group with ease.

Best 9 in the world lol. f***ing hilarious.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Cripps » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Has Suarez ever scored against us?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Picture below shows the chances against Guingamp tonight. Pretty much backs up what i've been saying throughout. He doesn't take his chances but you still get the ones that praise him for scoring tap ins against these dead ass teams lol.

This is why PSG are f***ing shit right now.

Hate being so right :(

Minute silence for Dejan please.

Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:34 am

and another goal for the mighty cavani.

PSG's defenders needs to be sold
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Bayernfan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:54 am

Cavani has a problem and if you look at him carefully it's easy to see.

He is just a finisher. Not a complete #9 even if he runs everywhere and press all the time. His contribution to build-up is noexistent.

Every time he touchs the ball more than once, he almost NEVER score.

He is a monster for tap-in.
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Big17 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Bayernfan wrote:Cavani has a problem and if you look at him carefully it's easy to see.

He is just a finisher. Not a complete #9 even if he runs everywhere and press all the time. His contribution to build-up is noexistent.

Ahh I remember asking for your opinion on this matter after that great post you made about Bayern v Arsenal.

Knew you had a bit of knowledge about you lad. Thankyou.

Looks like that's case closed on this now. Another one bites the dust.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Bayernfan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Big17 wrote:
Bayernfan wrote:Cavani has a problem and if you look at him carefully it's easy to see.

Ahh I remember asking for your opinion on this matter after that great post you made about Bayern v Arsenal.

You're welcome.

Cavani was perfect for a counter-attacking team like Mazzarri Napoli.

But in most of the team playing complete football where every player contribution is needed, he will never be the first choice.

Cavani was first buy to be in PSG counter-attacking team of Ancelotti next to Zlatan... not in a possession team.

Cavani maybe is one of the best finisher/striker in the world but as a complete football player he isn't better than Giroud or even a Lukaku (I don't rate him at all). I don't even talk about the all best like Lewandowski, Suarez, Costa, Aguero or even Higuain the chocker.

I also saw a topic of transfer for Aubameyang. He is the same kind of player even if he is better after the 2nd or 3rd touch of the ball but will give less for the team on a defending point of view than Cavani.

I remember a great sentence an ex-Bayern coach said about a player like Cavani. Van Gaal said "Maybe Gomez is a great striker but he is a poor football player". That's why the coach used Olic who was by far more complete than Gomez in 2009/10.

Actually, Arsenal can't catch a better #9 than ... Sanchez. You just need others players than Walcott and Iwobi to improve the attacking level of your team in my opinion.
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Bayernfan wrote:
Big17 wrote:

You're welcome.

Cavani was perfect for a counter-attacking team like Mazzarri Napoli.

But in most of the team playing complete football where every player contribution is needed, he will never be the first choice.

Cavani was first buy to be in PSG counter-attacking team of Ancelotti next to Zlatan... not in a possession team.

Cavani maybe is one of the best finisher/striker in the world but as a complete football player he isn't better than Giroud or even a Lukaku (I don't rate him at all). I don't even talk about the all best like Lewandowski, Suarez, Costa, Aguero or even Higuain the chocker.

I also saw a topic of transfer for Aubameyang. He is the same kind of player even if he is better after the 2nd or 3rd touch of the ball but will give less for the team on a defending point of view than Cavani.

I remember a great sentence an ex-Bayern coach said about a player like Cavani. Van Gaal said "Maybe Gomez is a great striker but he is a poor football player". That's why the coach used Olic who was by far more complete than Gomez in 2009/10.

Actually, Arsenal can't catch a better #9 than ... Sanchez. You just need others players than Walcott and Iwobi to improve the attacking level of your team in my opinion.

Finishing is the one thing that lets him down more often than it should.

When given time he tends to overthink things, get caught in two minds and lose his composure as result.

His movement of the ball is elite; very few do better and it's the very reason he keeps getting on the score sheet on a regular basis.

Completely different player to the guy we saw at Napoli and Palermo; from counter-attacking treath/distance shooter to poacher who relies on the creativity of the players around him with his movement off the ball.

R9 has made a similar transformation on that regard, except he's much more lethal in front of goal and is twice the footballer.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Offer 100m
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 pm