Wily Boly

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Wily Boly

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:32 pm

No because of the name. Easy target.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:44 am

106 interceptions! I watched a lot of Ligue 1 last season and despite finishing last, Boly was the shining light of the team. IMO he is in the top 3 defenders in the Ligue 1 which would be ideal for us, Sakho,Boly,M'Biwa (in that order).
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:01 am

GSK_AFC wrote:106 interceptions! I watched a lot of Ligue 1 last season and despite finishing last, Boly was the shining light of the team. IMO he is in the top 3 defenders in the Ligue 1 which would be ideal for us, Sakho,Boly,M'Biwa (in that order).

Sakho is a very promising defender but last season he had a massive dip he even lost his place in the first team and when he finally got his spot back he got a straight red card against Lille at the beginning of the game.
In terms of performing well last season, I wouldn't put Sakho ahead of M'Biwa and Boly.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:32 am

Zenith wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:106 interceptions! I watched a lot of Ligue 1 last season and despite finishing last, Boly was the shining light of the team. IMO he is in the top 3 defenders in the Ligue 1 which would be ideal for us, Sakho,Boly,M'Biwa (in that order).

Sakho is a very promising defender but last season he had a massive dip he even lost his place in the first team and when he finally got his spot back he got a straight red card against Lille at the beginning of the game.
In terms of performing well last season, I wouldn't put Sakho ahead of M'Biwa and Boly.

I agree with what you are saying but the 3 I gave are not in order of performances from last season but who will be best for Arsenal, I put Sakho first because he is a leader and has the highest potential out of the 3, he would also be good value for money as he would be sold cheap due to falling out with the manager.He is also left footed so would be good cover for Verm and has already been part of the French national side so would have some communication with Sagna and Kos. However, I wouldn't mind any of the 3 but would prefer Sakho as it would be more pleasing to see Wenger revitalise his career. :)
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Arsenal boss Unai Emery is considering making a move for Wolves defender Willy Boly. The Midlands club could potentially double the £10m they paid Porto for the 28-year-old Ivory Coast international should he favour a move to the Emirates. (Sun)

Quality cb.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill