Steven N’Zonzi

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Steven N’Zonzi

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 am

Theres a good chance we will get both^
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 am

GBLShorty wrote:Theres a good chance we will get both^

iunno I dont see us getting both unless elneny also leaves
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:42 am

yadunoe wrote:

iunno I dont see us getting both unless elneny also leaves

if you look at my earlier posts, Emery plays 3 midfielders with 2 x DMs

Xhaka who cant defend will rotate with Ramsey in the middle, Elneny back up to N'Zonzi/Torreira

GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:32 am

We're not getting both.

Do the math, we've re-signed Xhaka, signing Torreira for £26m (even if it is installments) and N'Zonzi is not going anywhere for less than £35m all of that discounts him considering that's half our budget.

I know Emery wanted him but remember it's Sven who makes the final decisions and I think with the budget restraints Sevilla's hard £35 mil stance has put him off in comparison to other targets and opportunities.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

We're not getting both.

Do the math, we've re-signed Xhaka, signing Torreira for £26m (even if it is installments) and N'Zonzi is not going anywhere for less than £35m all of that discounts him considering that's half our budget.

I know Emery wanted him but remember it's Sven who makes the final decisions and I think with the budget restraints Sevilla's hard £35 mil stance has put him off in comparison to other targets and opportunities.

I did do the maths, theres a good chance we will sell a few players.

The budget is not real and it would be flexible, meaning 70m is a guideline.

I think we will get either another DM in N'Zonzi or another playmaker in Benaga, either way we need another midfielder to play 3 in midfield and have more than 1 back up.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:38 pm

3 midfield spots ..........

Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, Mkhitarayan, AMN

6 players for 3 spots = done and dusted.

People are forgetting Mkhitarayan is not exclusively a wide player, he's a CAM with more graft than Ozil so he can play as an offensive CM if Ramsey can't play.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:3 midfield spots ..........

Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, Mkhitarayan, AMN

6 players for 3 spots = done and dusted.

People are forgetting Mkhitarayan is not exclusively a wide player, he's a CAM with more graft than Ozil so he can play as an offensive CM if Ramsey can't play.

Mkhitryan will play on the left, he won't play in midfield, he never has, and when he plays central he drifts wide, Niles is still developing and is rotation for lots of positions, we basically have...

Torreira (Shuttler can also play as DLP)
Xhaka (DLP) can also play (AP)
Elneny (Shuttler) can also play as DLP & B2B
Ramsey (CM/CAM/B2B)

We have noone on the left side that will challenge Mkhitryan for his place other than Welbeck, Ozil will play advanced playmaker on the right like he has done all season long unless we are playing 4-2-3-1 and even then we sometimes play a diff CAM and he plays on the right.

--------------------Aubamyang---------------
------Mkhy-----------------------------Ozil-----
-----------------------Ramsey-------------------
---------------Torreira----Xhaka--------------
Monreal--Koscielny--Sokratis--Bellerin
------------------------Leno-----------------------

That is the way Emery played before not having to worry to much in France^

I can't see us playing 4-2-3-1 personally, but this will be a option if we sign a right winger.

The 4-2-3-1 option would be poor on paper

----------------------Lacazette------------------
--Aubamyang-------Ozil--------Mhitaryan
----------------Torreira-----Ramsey------------
Monreal--Koscielny--Sokratis--Bellerin
-------------------------Leno-----------------------

3rd option is

------------------Aubameyang-------------------
---------Mkhitaryan----------------Ozil---------
--------------Torreira----Ramsey---------------
Kolasinac-------------------------------Bellerin
---------Koscileny--Sokratis--Soyuncu-----
---------------------------Leno---------------------

Or changing the above formation to 2 up top and dropping Mkhitaryan.

If we played...

-------------------------Lacazette-----------------
Aubamyang---------------------------------Ozil
-----------------------------Mkhitryan------------
--------------Ramsey-------------------------------
-------------------------Torreira--------------------
Monreal---Koscielney--Sokratis--Bellerin
----------------------------Leno---------------------

We would get battered physcially, its a team full of midgets with like 3 players who can defend, and one is the 5ft 6" Torreira.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Please stop using that word "Shuttler" never heard anyone ever use that word before, just say DM.

Such a douchey word lol.

Also Mkhitarayan can play centrally but I'm mainly saying that as a replacement for Ramsey not with Ramsey, he did for a game for Wenger and did well, he is not a winger, same as Ozil, he is a CAM and plays anywhere across the attacking midfield line dependent on where the manager wants them.

Ozil is originally a central CAM, he gets played wide a lot because most managers don't play a true no10 position anymore.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Please stop using that word "Shuttler" never heard anyone ever use that word before, just say DM.

Such a douchey word lol.

Also Mkhitarayan can play centrally but I'm mainly saying that as a replacement for Ramsey not with Ramsey, he did for a game for Wenger and did well, he is not a winger, same as Ozil, he is a CAM and plays anywhere across the attacking midfield line dependent on where the manager wants them.

Ozil is originally a central CAM, he gets played wide a lot because most managers don't play a true no10 position anymore.

Mkhy plays inside forward on the left, advanced playmaker or shadow striker in the centre or playmaker outwide right (the same as Ozil), i never said he was a winger once, we have wingbacks that overlap.

Also tell me which game Mkhy started in central midfield, oh wait you can't cos he didnt ;).

You obviously have no clue about football tactics if you do not know what a shuttler is aka what they have started calling a CARRILERO which is what Kantes position is.

Thats like saying a 'deep lying playmaker' is a as you hilariously said 'douchy', because you obviously think DM is the only classification.

Shuttler is not a DM by the way, its a high work rate player that strangles the game relentlessly chasing down the ball and shuttles the ball forward.

a DM is a stationary CB like player playing in-between defence and midfield.

'Shuttler
1 of 8

"Shuttler" is a role which is becoming increasingly important in modern football.

As more teams move toward a three-man midfield at the expense of the 4-4-2, the shuttler, in most cases, has become the unsung hero.

The player literally "shuttles" up and down the pitch inside the midfield channels, works hard and provides a true link between defence and attack.

In Marcelo Bielsa's 3-3-1-3 with Chile, the Argentine utilised two midfield shuttlers alongside a holding midfielder.

Italy's Euro 2012 exploits saw Claudio Marchisio shuttle effectively, while Juventus use Mauricio Isla and Arturo Vidal to good effect in this fashion.

One of Brazil's best players at the Olympics was Romulo of Spartak Moscow, a true shuttler, but no one really noticed his effect on the game.'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/134 ... 012#slide1

Here ya go ''Douchy'', ''Soccer'' (saahhh-kerrr) for dummys.

https://fansided.com/2015/03/07/soccer- ... know-2015/

The shuttler is the modern day box-to-box midfielder, “shuttling” up and down the field, and is the engine or core of the midfield. The shuttler is the ubiquitous link between defense and attack.

As teams increasingly sacrifice their four-man midfield in the traditional 4-4-2 formation to a three-man midfield, the space for the shuttler has been created and he typically is the unsung hero of these sides, involved in all the dirty work, picking up the scraps and second ball and being the first man at the beginning of each attacking phase.

Juventus and Chile star Arturo Vidal is a prime example of the modern shuttler.

Sticking on the topic of N’Golo Kante’s responsibilities at Chelsea, the reigning PFA Player of the Year is well suited to the new role of the ‘Carrilero’, or “Shuttler”. It’s a support role in midfield, not merely restricted to defensive work but involving plenty of running and covering of vacated spaces.

They move laterally across midfield lines to link defence and attack rather than playing from box-to-box but must use the ball well to retain possession and recognise danger when wide players move into more advanced positions.

The final midfield role is that of a ‘Mezzala’, which is the more attacking of the three. While not dissimilar to a box-to-box midfielder, there is less onus on defensive responsibility and more on finding the spaces that an inside forward would look to operate within. It’s a function that Corentin Tolisso was handed last season at Lyon and one that ultimately earned the Frenchman a big money move to Bayern in the summer.

Now tell me that the word shuttler is not used.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Aubameyong
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Come on, i'm backing up everything i say in every post, even if it goes against the grain, or mainstream safe opinions, i prefer to think outside the box on my posts.

I don't expect people to agree with me.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 pm

GBLShorty wrote:Come on, i'm backing up everything i say in every post, even if it goes against the grain, or mainstream safe opinions, i prefer to think outside the box on my posts.

Are you replying to me?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Santi wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:Come on, i'm backing up everything i say in every post, even if it goes against the grain, or mainstream safe opinions, i prefer to think outside the box on my posts.

Are you replying to me?

I assumed you were taking the piss with you random Aubomyong.
Last edited by GBLShorty on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
Santi wrote:

Are you replying to me?

I assumed you were taking the piss.

Yeah of DG...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GBLShorty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Santi wrote:
GBLShorty wrote:
Santi wrote:

Are you replying to me?

I assumed you were taking the piss.

Yeah of DG...

Ah fair enough.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill