Jack Butland

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Jack Butland

Postby Zedie » Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 am

UFGN wrote:I'm not saying he's bad but he's been playing for years now and he's never had a standout season has he?

I think there's better quality available in Germany

You're probably right but I'd rather get in a home grown player and butland is a good keeper. Can't think of many other English players we could get of his calibre but in starting positions.

Maybe Ryan sessegnon?

All English outfield players are ridiculously priced and we need quite a few replacements...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon May 07, 2018 2:37 pm

I’d take Butland on the cheap. He’s young for a keeper and can improve significantly in seasons to come.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Jack Butland

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:I’d take Butland on the cheap. He’s young for a keeper and can improve significantly in seasons to come.

Wenger mentality.

Don’t waste money on players who ‘might come good’, go buy a keeper who is ready to come in and do the business immediately.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby elber » Mon May 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Not good enough.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm

I'd get him if he's cheap. He's better than any keeper we have currently. Would be a brilliant No 2 to Oblak
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 07, 2018 2:54 pm

We are not getting Oblak so this guy is a no brainer. Tons of PL first team experience and helps the homegrown quota.

Makes it easier to offload Welbeck or Wilshere if we can bring in Mahrez or someone like that.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon May 07, 2018 2:59 pm

aniym wrote:We are not getting Oblak so this guy is a no brainer. Tons of PL first team experience and helps the homegrown quota.

Makes it easier to offload Welbeck or Wilshere if we can bring in Mahrez or someone like that.

The home grown thing isn't a problem

We need two keepers anyway

Timo Horn as number one

Fabianski (HG) or Angus Gunn (HG) as number two
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 am

People need to get a reality check. The new manager will have multiple positions to fill — center back, midfield and wings. In addition a new keeper is needed. Butland or Forster will be available on reasonable sums and come with vast PL experience. Both are good keepers. In addition we can keep Cech and Martinez as back ups. Should be sufficient for the time being.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 08, 2018 2:23 am

UFGN wrote:
aniym wrote:We are not getting Oblak so this guy is a no brainer. Tons of PL first team experience and helps the homegrown quota.

The home grown thing isn't a problem

We need two keepers anyway

Timo Horn as number one

Fabianski (HG) or Angus Gunn (HG) as number two

I'd be happy to bring back Fabianski as backup, he 's a good keeper and doesn't deserve to be slumming it at Sunderland.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 am

Arsene Nose wrote:People need to get a reality check. The new manager will have multiple positions to fill — center back, midfield and wings. In addition a new keeper is needed. Butland or Forster will be available on reasonable sums and come with vast PL experience. Both are good keepers. In addition we can keep Cech and Martinez as back ups. Should be sufficient for the time being.

I honestly doubt any wingers will be signed. 4-3-2-1 is what everyone goes with these days, and the incoming manager will already struggle to play Auba and Laca together.

CB and GK are our biggest priorities, especially with a limited budget. If we sell Bellerin (which we will) we'll need an RB too.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue May 08, 2018 3:14 am

aniym wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:People need to get a reality check. The new manager will have multiple positions to fill — center back, midfield and wings. In addition a new keeper is needed. Butland or Forster will be available on reasonable sums and come with vast PL experience. Both are good keepers. In addition we can keep Cech and Martinez as back ups. Should be sufficient for the time being.

I honestly doubt any wingers will be signed. 4-3-2-1 is what everyone goes with these days, and the incoming manager will already struggle to play Auba and Laca together.

CB and GK are our biggest priorities, especially with a limited budget. If we sell Bellerin (which we will) we'll need an RB too.

We have too many 10s. I suspect Ramsey will be sold. We need more width and pace on the flank to open up room for Auba. We also don’t have a wide attacking threat since Sanchez left. I just don’t see Auba and Laca playing together. Auba is too prolofic to be pushed wide to accommodate Laca.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Hopefully doesn't play at the World Cup and his price doesn't increase due to his awesomeness and we bring him home
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GBLShorty » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
aniym wrote:

We have too many 10s. I suspect Ramsey will be sold. We need more width and pace on the flank to open up room for Auba. We also don’t have a wide attacking threat since Sanchez left. I just don’t see Auba and Laca playing together. Auba is too prolofic to be pushed wide to accommodate Laca.

Diamond 4-4-2 would accommodate Auba and Lacca with Mkhitaryan pushed to left midfield.

-------------Auba---Lacaca---
------------------Ozil-----------
Mkhy-----New DM--Ramsey
Monreal--Kos--Sokratis--Bellerin
-----------------New GK--------------
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fenice » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 pm

GBLShorty wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:
aniym wrote:

Diamond 4-4-2 would accommodate Auba and Lacca with Mkhitaryan pushed to left midfield.

-------------Auba---Lacaca---
------------------Ozil-----------
Mkhy-----New DM--Ramsey
Monreal--Kos--Sokratis--Bellerin
-----------------New GK--------------

Agree with this. You use the fullbacks for width and the midfielders for covering the two strikers. Not sold on Aaron doing this job, but it’s somethhing we can do with a new DM and El Neny.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill