Willian

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Willian

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Well said sir, lol @ spurs in europa. so embarrassing for them

I felt so sorry for them when they finished 4th and ended up in the Europa haha it could only happen to Spurs.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 pm

billo2007 wrote:Well said sir, lol @ spurs in europa. so embarrassing for them

I felt so sorry for them when they finished 4th and ended up in the Europa haha it could only happen to Spurs.

Its spurs. Failure is in their motto.

They always fail.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AFC10 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:44 pm

elkanofan wrote:
billo2007 wrote:Well said sir, lol @ spurs in europa. so embarrassing for them

Its spurs. Failure is in their motto.

They always fail.

But we have to respect them apparently lol
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:49 pm

No one said you have to respect the team, but what they have done in the transfer market and what they will do in the remaining 10 days has completely eclipsed us.

Spurs have always wanked money about on bog average players like Bentley etc but for the first time in a long time pretty much every signing they have made, are signings which would vastly improve US let alone them.

And when they sell Bale they'll buy some more quality players.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AFC10 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:54 pm

GunnGunn wrote:No one said you have to respect the team.

gooney wrote:You have to respect spurs

:think:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm pretty sure the actual quote was "You have to respect Spurs for what they have done in the transfer market" or some such bollocks.

Either way, last season there was nothing between us and them bar a point, they've improved, we haven't.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:24 pm

I question that they have improved. Signing Paulinho, Chadli, Capou and Soldado and losing Bale may not improve them.

If they dont significantly strengthen i predict theyll never finish in the top four.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby mg86 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:32 pm

most absolute unneeded signing ive ever seen, i count 7 attacking mids
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Spurs have importantly lost heir mentality they had with Bale. Bale won them so many games last year, and the players behind him had that desire to beat us.

Players like Paulinho, Capoue and Chadli will not have bales mentality, they see spurs as a stepping stone to a bigger club. They just won't put the extra yards in for those tight games.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:40 pm

There is no doubt losing bale will kill them, I seen alot of spurs last year every game he was coming along winning games with ridiculous goals hes some player.

I think its unfair to question there commitment, question there talent, replacing Bale with Chadli is a joke.
If they had have got Lamela, William and Coentrao like rumoured in the week. I would have fancied them for the league.

signing them 7 players and losing bale is good for them. They need to get rid of assou ekotto too hes not up to Title challenging standards.
As of now Arsenal have to be fancied ahead of Spurs.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm

billo2007 wrote:There is no doubt losing bale will kill them, I seen alot of spurs last year every game he was coming along winning games with ridiculous goals hes some player.

I think its unfair to question there commitment, question there talent, replacing Bale with Chadli is a joke.
If they had have got Lamela, William and Coentrao like rumoured in the week. I would have fancied them for the league.

signing them 7 players and losing bale is good for them. They need to get rid of assou ekotto too hes not up to Title challenging standards.
As of now Arsenal have to be fancied ahead of Spurs.

Our first team is much better than theirs. They have a better goalkeeper and possibly striker but their defence is crap and their midfield ain't great either.

But we need reinforcements, Spurs do have a squad and if we don't buy anyone we will struggle to cope over the season.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 pm

ye Lloris is the best keeper in the league. a1.
not sure about better first 11 yet. would like to see how paulinho and soldado settle because them 2 are big players.
U never know them 2 could set the league alight.
I certainly wouldnt be confident saying spurs had a better first 11 presently.

Thinking about spurs team they seem to be unbalanced. They have all these midfielders and barely any goals or creativity coming from them.

People go on about Dembele but hes nothing special from what I have seen, I like Sandro but just from what ive seen of paulinho and sandro they dont look like there a good pairing. Siggurdson seems not the same player at Swansea.
If they had like Sandro, Capoe, Paulinho as a 3 , Lamela and Willian on the wings/up top and Soldado up front.
That was a great idea if thats what they were thinking.

Tell u what tho, Andros Townsend looks a player.too. But u can see what there trying to do that team is a serious team. along with there back line and GK. it remains to be seen whether they can replace willian and seal the lamela deal. I dont think they will give up yet. interesting few days ahead. U all have to admit they have the right idea. going in the right direction too.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Snowkarl » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Dude Lloris is in no way the best keeper in the league. Cech, De Gea, Begovic and probably Mignolet are all better than him.
Snowkarl
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm

De Gea will be not sure about yet. havent seen enough of mignolet. dont agree about cech or begovic.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 am

Confirmed on Chelsea's official website

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/a ... or-willian
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext