Jens Lehmann

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Jens Lehmann

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:The mistake that led him to lose his place was against Blackburn when we drew 1-1.

Oh boohoo! We drew 1-1 thanks to Lehmann...

WTF has Almunia or even Fabianski given us!!!?? :shock:

(Not Boohooing you btw lol)

What makes me laugh is that VDS has made plenty of mistakes that have led people to question his ability at the top and yet is there a better keeper in the League?

I don't think there is.

Keepers make mistakes, all of them do, the difference between average keepers and great keepers is their ability to come back stronger.

Lehmann never got that chance, he was treated like a fool, AW said he was injured when he clearly wasn't...

And yet Lehmann clearly holds no grudge AND has Arsenal in his blood, just going by the way he talks about us to this day.

He may or may not play, who knows, but i would be happy for him to come in as an emergency signing, he could easily have the same effect as Sol did if not moreso.

And as mentors go, Chesney and Fabianski could do a lot worse, they should both strive to emulate Lehmann.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Van The Man Persie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Lehmann made more than his fair share of mistakes in his time here.

Still, would love to see him in goal even if it is only the once just so he can reach 200 games for us
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Van The Man Persie wrote:Lehmann made more than his fair share of mistakes in his time here.

Still, would love to see him in goal even if it is only the once just so he can reach 200 games for us

It was 2 which cost him his spot.

Almunia has made 100x more mistakes than Lehmann made in his whole time with us.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Van The Man Persie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 pm

I know of the mistakes that cost him his spot but im just saying, even during the 03/04 season, he made mistakes. So anyone thinking Lehmann coming in will stop the rot is mistaken.

Now i like Lehmann and he imo was the best keeper in the world in the 05/06 season as the CL record and starring at the World Cup and he is/was better than Almunia but he is 41 now. Hasnt played for months. Id rather he wasnt used bar maybe in a nothing game at the end of the season to reach the 200. We should have plenty of nothing games coming up in the next couple of months as Man Utd go on to take the title
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 am

Van The Man Persie wrote:I know of the mistakes that cost him his spot but im just saying, even during the 03/04 season, he made mistakes. So anyone thinking Lehmann coming in will stop the rot is mistaken.

Now i like Lehmann and he imo was the best keeper in the world in the 05/06 season as the CL record and starring at the World Cup and he is/was better than Almunia but he is 41 now. Hasnt played for months. Id rather he wasnt used bar maybe in a nothing game at the end of the season to reach the 200. We should have plenty of nothing games coming up in the next couple of months as Man Utd go on to take the title

I swear your negativity is becoming tedious now. Your like a emo at times really. What the hell do you want? even if we win the title you will still moan, if we say win more trophies next season you will still moan.. i mean if we ever win the champions league in the next 4-5 years you probably moan and say, we should have won it earlier.

It's not even about Lehmann, I'm talking about your general doom and gloom let's commit suicide mentality! Listen every Chelsea fan who's try to make fun of our predicament recently has been easily silenced by me, are Chelsea fans getting to you, or spuds who have only won two Carling cups in the last 20 years and haven't won the league since the 60's?

Even united fans i still argue that their team is going downhill, and their midfield is almost dead.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Van The Man Persie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 am

JUst thought it'd be a bit foolish to put all our hopes on a 41 year old who hasnt played for ages.

Thats common sense not negativity.

Unless youre talking about me saying Man Utd will take the title? Thats just realism.

Last 2 weeks have shown we are mentally fragile and its going to take a hell of a lot to get over it.
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 am

I would love to see Lehmann back with us. We need a nutter somewhere. And anyone who hates Almunia more than he loves his own kids is fine by me :smile: Jus kidding, Almunia has my full backing... for as long as he's our only option between the sticks!

Lehmann is an invincible, maybe the others could learn something... don't know what really as he'll be training on shots somewhere else on the pitch :rolleyes:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby bookproject » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 am

It's no longer a rumor, Lehmann confirmed it tonight. He says this time he is actually looking forward to sit on the bench and that he will support Almunia. Personally I don't know how he manages to NOT hold a major grudge against Wenger the way he was treated back then - God knows I would - but I guess Lehmann simply loves Arsenal and he is a true gentleman in the end. :hail: Kudos to him, I hope he kicks some ass in the dressing room and will be able to make it 200 games played in an Arsenal shirt. :clap:
bookproject
Liam Brady

Postby AFC111158 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 am

Lehmann was a good 'keeper,and a guy like him keeps himself pretty fit on a day to day basis,don't think he'll be fazed by being called to go between the sticks if needed so why not?The man obviously doesn't bare grudges i think he'll give us a bit of solidarity in defence with his experience.
AFC111158
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 am

bookproject wrote:It's no longer a rumor, Lehmann confirmed it tonight. He says this time he is actually looking forward to sit on the bench and that he will support Almunia.

Great news if true IMO but... Source to this please?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:04 am

Van The Man Persie wrote:I know of the mistakes that cost him his spot but im just saying, even during the 03/04 season, he made mistakes. So anyone thinking Lehmann coming in will stop the rot is mistaken.

So injuries aside; out of the Arsenal GK's; who would you rather have in goal than "Mistake making Jens"??

Maybe mega mistake making Almunia?

Slightly less but still mistake making Fabianski?

Even less still but like all keepers, a mistake maker from time to time Szczesny?

Or one of the younger, highly inexperienced GK's like Mannone, Shea or Martinez?

I hope you're seeing my point here...
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Van The Man Persie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 am

Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 am

From the above link posted by VTMP.

ARSENE WENGER turned Arsenal's season into a farce last night when he moved for former Gunners keeper Jens Lehmann.

The retired German, 41, who hates current Emirates keeper Manuel Almunia, is wanted to help solve the club's stopper crisis, with Polish duo Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski both crocked.

More bullshit spouting from "Journalists" Don't you just love it? :rolleyes:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Van The Man Persie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 am

I agree there.

Our season had turned in to a farce during the last 2 weeks not now ;)
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby bookproject » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:
bookproject wrote:It's no longer a rumor, Lehmann confirmed it tonight. He says this time he is actually looking forward to sit on the bench and that he will support Almunia.

Great news if true IMO but... Source to this please?

There you go:

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/international/2011/03/15/jens-lehmann/comeback-bei-arsenal-london.html

It's in German, though. He says he was working for Sky Germany during the game against Barca when Sneezy got injured but he would have never thought Arsenal would actually ask him to help out. He knows that he will be the substitute keeper and he will support Almunia or any other keeper. And he says "we can still win the title".

Once a gooner, always a gooner. :biggrin:
bookproject
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill