Kasper Schmeichel

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Kasper Schmeichel

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:21 pm

He isn't going to leave Leicester to sit on the bench now they have just been promoted.

Plenty of better GK's than him.

If we are looking for back-up keepers then Speroni is a good bet on a free transfer. He's going to turn 35 so would probably be content with being our cup keeper. Could probably give him CL, CC and FA cup. Wouldn't demand high wages either coming from Palace.

Marshall could be an option with Cardiff going down.

Or Ruddy could probably come for a few mill with Norwich likely to drop. Would really challenge Chez for the GK spot and is English so wouldn't use up a spot for foreign players.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:30 pm

ADAM BOGDAAAAAN
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Bungle678 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Would be happy with Ruddy, Marshall or Bogdan to be fair.... or even Stockdale maybe???
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Callum » Thu May 01, 2014 12:26 am

His dad was on Soccer AM the other morning speaking about how the most important thing for him is that he's playing so I can't really see him wanting to act as a back-up at this stage in his career.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby strayagooner » Thu May 01, 2014 2:21 am

Alex McCarthy?
strayagooner
Patrick Vieira

Postby Trina » Thu May 01, 2014 11:36 am

According to the Express, Arsenal will battle it out with AC Milan and Southampton for Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.

The Dane is out of contract with the Foxes and has stalled over a new deal, despite helping the club gain promotion to the Premier League.

And he would be swayed by the offer of Champions League football, putting the Gunners in pole position.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z30Sl7MM6A
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I dont get why he would be swayed with champions league football, its not like he would play the games.

Sounds like he is holding out for a better club though.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu May 01, 2014 1:33 pm

UFGN wrote:ADAM BOGDAAAAAN

That is what i keep saying. Schmeichel would be ok. But he should not want to move from a PL team where he is no 1 to come and sit on our bench. Oh unless Leicester have other plans.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 am

mate works at skygo and knows the guys at ssn, said we've made a bid apparently. nothing to write home about just passing on some probably shit info.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat May 03, 2014 11:54 am

SSN also say a lot of things. Like that Dzeko is in places he isn't ready to sign for someone. They're as bad as The Sun now. Possibly worse as SSN say things have happened, which haven't.

It's like they are desperate these days and try get info from others and get the news out there even if its wrong.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:SSN also say a lot of things. Like that Dzeko is in places he isn't ready to sign for someone. They're as bad as The Sun now. Possibly worse as SSN say things have happened, which haven't.

It's like they are desperate these days and try get info from others and get the news out there even if its wrong.

That's true, I remember they got a ton of things wrong last summer. I can recall them saying Dzeko has agreed personal terms with Bayern Munich too or something along those lines. They usually start it with 'according to Sky Sources' though to try cover their back.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StockGooner » Thu May 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Was speaking with a Leicester fan last night (Who's dog married the owners cat, blah di blah), and he said Schmeichel has got contract offers on the table from Leicester, Arsenal and Milan. I really hope he was lying but supposedly our offer was around £50,000, compared to Leicester who said their maximum wage limit was £30,000 + bonuses.

If this is true, it goes to show that we are still paying silly money to silly players not deserving of it. £50,000 may not sound much, but to pay that to a substitue goalkeeper who is coming from the Championship, we really haven't learnt lessons from Diaby, Bendtner, Denilson, Chamakh, Park etc.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Abbiati's getting on a bit, he should go Milan.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Callum » Fri May 16, 2014 1:03 am

StockGooner wrote:Was speaking with a Leicester fan last night (Who's dog married the owners cat, blah di blah), and he said Schmeichel has got contract offers on the table from Leicester, Arsenal and Milan. I really hope he was lying but supposedly our offer was around £50,000, compared to Leicester who said their maximum wage limit was £30,000 + bonuses.

If this is true, it goes to show that we are still paying silly money to silly players not deserving of it. £50,000 may not sound much, but to pay that to a substitue goalkeeper who is coming from the Championship, we really haven't learnt lessons from Diaby, Bendtner, Denilson, Chamakh, Park etc.

With all due respect I'd wait and hear from a reliable source other than your mate.

His dad was on TV a month ago saying the most important thing for him right now is that he's playing regularly. I highly doubt that he'd come to us to play second fiddle.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby StockGooner » Fri May 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Callum wrote:
StockGooner wrote:Was speaking with a Leicester fan last night (Who's dog married the owners cat, blah di blah), and he said Schmeichel has got contract offers on the table from Leicester, Arsenal and Milan. I really hope he was lying but supposedly our offer was around £50,000, compared to Leicester who said their maximum wage limit was £30,000 + bonuses.

With all due respect I'd wait and hear from a reliable source other than your mate.

His dad was on TV a month ago saying the most important thing for him right now is that he's playing regularly. I highly doubt that he'd come to us to play second fiddle.

If someone offers you £20k more a week and Champions League football, then pretty sure most people would have their head turned.

Plus, reliable source? Whats one of those? :smartass:
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby MacMarc » Fri May 23, 2014 11:26 am

Good shop stopper, but too inexperienced for a team wanting to improve. At the end of the day he's only a championship player. There's a lot better out there.
MacMarc
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill