Lisandro Martinez

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Lisandro Martinez

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:00 pm

What happened to the links with Zinchenko? Would he agree to come to Arsenal if Martinez doesn't work out?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Tubbs » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:35 pm

God Manure beating us to it, have we actually even made an offer? Folk saying Man U offering a slight but more but I’ve not seen that we have actually offered yet?
We are still waiting to announce Jesus after about a month lol
We are a joke with transfers
I expect Jesus will be it for the first team as we are too slow with sorting offers and deals out.
So frustrating!!!!
I hope Edu has some plan up his sleeve as to why we’re f@cking about so much with linked players
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:38 pm

Reiss wrote:This would frustrate me more than Rafinha.

This lad is one of the top technicians in Europe. Can play in multiple positions. Would add solid depth (and dare I say it probably take over from Tierney cause he's a crock).

Just get it done ffs.
It's the Tielemans one that pisses me off, that position is where we should spend the big money and we should just pay the asking price for him. The asking price is reportedly less than we paid for Fabio Vieira. Tielemans should've been done weeks ago!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:00 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Reiss wrote:This would frustrate me more than Rafinha.

This lad is one of the top technicians in Europe. Can play in multiple positions. Would add solid depth (and dare I say it probably take over from Tierney cause he's a crock).

Just get it done ffs.
It's the Tielemans one that pisses me off, that position is where we should spend the big money and we should just pay the asking price for him. The asking price is reportedly less than we paid for Fabio Vieira. Tielemans should've been done weeks ago!

I think this is why ...........

Reiss wrote:@aschultz_15: Arteta and Edu will not be drawn into a bidding war for Raphinha and have walked away from the deal, something that shows they are not messing around this summer.

Well done I say.

We're not getting into bidding wars apparently this source say's, maybe Fulham or another team have bid for him?

Same for Martinez, Man Utd are after him so if the source is accurate, best we just walk away and move on to a player that no one is bidding on?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:18 pm

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:49 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Alexis wrote:
Santi wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:I'd Edu loses this one it's back to back humiliation

What was the first one? Raphinha clearly always wanted Barca and would’ve tried to wait for them anyway.

The surprise was that we even got involved in the first place, good to see them being somewhat ambitious.

how many even wanted raphinha in first place? Literally no one was talking about him until we put a bid few days ago. Folk losing their shit bout a player that isn't a priority and isn't even worth the 60m being asked.

martinez is just ajax being c****. Never replied to out last bid and with van der shite at ajax and erik ten months at manure, that deal was never in our favour unless we had CL.

We're no stronger than we were going into last season.

Jesus, Vieria and Turner in. Auba, Laca, Leno out.

It's not about Raphinha specifically. It's about signing players that will make us more competitive.

The teams that finished above us are strengthening their starting 11s. We're upgrading our bench options.

Spurs haven't strengthened their starting XI. Neither have Chelsea (yet) and United can't even get a signing done so right now nothing to worry about.

If we give up on these deals and don't have backup options to go for then it's pathetic anyway and will be worried for sure. I don't see us losing out on Martinez (or even Raphinha if you include him) and doing nothing, otherwise our lot are clueless.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:05 pm

Can't blame him for wanting to go Utd tbh. His former manager is there plus Van De Sar will probs air our calls and want him to go Utd as well.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:58 pm

Santi wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Alexis wrote:
Santi wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:I'd Edu loses this one it's back to back humiliation

What was the first one? Raphinha clearly always wanted Barca and would’ve tried to wait for them anyway.

The surprise was that we even got involved in the first place, good to see them being somewhat ambitious.

how many even wanted raphinha in first place? Literally no one was talking about him until we put a bid few days ago. Folk losing their shit bout a player that isn't a priority and isn't even worth the 60m being asked.

martinez is just ajax being c****. Never replied to out last bid and with van der shite at ajax and erik ten months at manure, that deal was never in our favour unless we had CL.

We're no stronger than we were going into last season.

Jesus, Vieria and Turner in. Auba, Laca, Leno out.

It's not about Raphinha specifically. It's about signing players that will make us more competitive.

The teams that finished above us are strengthening their starting 11s. We're upgrading our bench options.

Spurs haven't strengthened their starting XI. Neither have Chelsea (yet) and United can't even get a signing done so right now nothing to worry about.

If we give up on these deals and don't have backup options to go for then it's pathetic anyway and will be worried for sure. I don't see us losing out on Martinez (or even Raphinha if you include him) and doing nothing, otherwise our lot are clueless.

They’ve signed Bissouma and Richarlson, both strengthen their starting 11.

They’ve got Perisic as well which you could argue strengthens them further as well.

I think they’ve made some really good signings so far, much better than ours.

Chelsea and Man U both have either new owners or managers, they haven’t had the same owner for 15 years and the same manager for 3, so it’s normal deals would be slower for them.

Chelsea finished above us anyway last season and I expect the will sign some top quality, Man U too.

Last season the quality of teams was poor and we still ended up 5th, I don’t expect a repeat next season.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:05 pm

Bissouma might end up in a cell, Richarlison doesn't strengthen them in the slightest imo. He's not that good and their front line was already more than good enough. 60m down the shitter if you ask me.

Perisic could do but nothing special as a signing is he, Conte might get a good year or two out of him but he's going to be a squad filler at both wing back slots so don't think a big first XI improvement.

Not sure what the rest has got to do with the fact that they haven't strengthened their first XI's yet. They will be trying to and so are we, meanwhile we've actually done it with Jesus. Attempted to with Martinez and Raphinha too, even if they fail it's clear we're also aiming to make big upgrades and hopefully will move to other targets.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:47 pm

Santi wrote:Bissouma might end up in a cell, Richarlison doesn't strengthen them in the slightest imo. He's not that good and their front line was already more than good enough. 60m down the shitter if you ask me.

Perisic could do but nothing special as a signing is he, Conte might get a good year or two out of him but he's going to be a squad filler at both wing back slots so don't think a big first XI improvement.

Not sure what the rest has got to do with the fact that they haven't strengthened their first XI's yet. They will be trying to and so are we, meanwhile we've actually done it with Jesus. Attempted to with Martinez and Raphinha too, even if they fail it's clear we're also aiming to make big upgrades and hopefully will move to other targets.

Bissouma has been cleared. Richarlson is a quality player, he’s Brazils regular striker and has something about him and is a handful, he’s not just about scoring goals and brings something else to their team.

Perisic will give them a different option, there’s no doubt they’ve improved their team IMO.

Spence seems to be on his way too and he’s been very impressive, I actually wanted us to sign him.

As for us, it’s been disappointing so far, Marquinhos is the one for the future, Vieira is a 34 million backup in a position we didn’t need (he wasn’t a starter for Porto so won’t be a starter for us - personally I wouldn’t have signed him at that price, in the same way I wouldnt have paid 50 million for White last summer because that’s a fair chunk of money and it’s a position we didn’t need a backup for) and Jesus is decent but I have my reservations as I’ve stated since he is our CF for the season.

As for Raphinha, he’s can’t take that attempt seriously, we offered half why Leeds wanted and that’s not a serious bid, there was zero chance of getting him for anywhere near that, we never made another offer.

Martinez we’ve again tried to put a lowball offer and dragged it out, if we fail to sign him it will be because of poor decision making. What I will say is he plays as CB for Ajax and CB for Argentina and he’s 5 foot 9.

Really we need a LB and although he can allegedly play there how good is he there seeing as he doesn’t really play there, it’s like White who apparently could play at full back but was dreadful when he did. If we need a LB we should sign one, not a player who plays CB and is in truth too short to play CB in the PL.

We’ll have to see what we end up with but what I will say is failed attempts, however serious count for nothing, only signed players count.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:19 pm

Surely if you match an acceptable offer it just comes down to player preference

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:55 pm

You're finding excuses.

Perisic was one of Inter's best players last year and fills the LWB role perfectly.

Bissouma is an upgrade on their other options.

They've almost reportedly agreed a deal for Lenglet on loan.

That's 3 starting players for a team that finished ahead of us and has a world class manager.

We've replaced Auba with Jesus. A player that consistently challenged for and won golden boots, for a player that manages around 10 goals per season.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:20 am

Lenglet is another dreadful signing lmao

Everyone desperate to big up Spurs, absolutely hilarious. Richarlison a quality player as well? :rofll: he's beyond inconsistent and his best isn't even that good.

Also using Auba's best in his career when his last 2 years he might as well not have been here just proves that you're trying to be negative about our club, you've spent too long reading Ozim's posts I guess.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:38 am

Santi wrote:Lenglet is another dreadful signing lmao

Everyone desperate to big up Spurs, absolutely hilarious. Richarlison a quality player as well? :rofll: he's beyond inconsistent and his best isn't even that good.

Also using Auba's best in his career when his last 2 years he might as well not have been here just proves that you're trying to be negative about our club, you've spent too long reading Ozim's posts I guess.

Man, whether players like Bissouma, Perisic, Richarlison and Lenglet are good enough for them or not remains to be seen.
The general consensus is that Sp*rs don't have good DM and defenders. Conte has done something to address their problem. Something that we haven't done so far.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:47 am

Santi wrote:Bissouma might end up in a cell, Richarlison doesn't strengthen them in the slightest imo. He's not that good and their front line was already more than good enough. 60m down the shitter if you ask me.

You're argument is deeply flawed - what is this fixation with a starting eleven? - any EPL team in Europe, with average domestic cup runs, will play close to 5,000 minutes of competitive football, the most any player will play is around 4,000 and that's mostly keepers. This season will also include a World Cup for many star players, even the fittest will barely manage 3,000 for their clubs, only two Arsenal players Gabriel 3068 and Ramsdale 3060 achieved that for us in the EPL last season. You need two players for every position unless you want your standards to drop massively when players get injured or need a rest. Don't forget it's now five subs, at least you need a starting sixteen as the bench players will become very important.

Bissouma has been cleared, he probably starts most games but at the very least adds depth in CM.

Richarlison as the fourth striker is arguably better than any of our front four options - how is that not an improvement?

Perisic as one of two options at wingback left or right is a HUGE step up from what they had, even if it's only for a year or two.

Lenglet (loan) an experienced centre back can play all across a back three - start? but certainly in squad rotation.

The focus on the first eleven is plain wrong - last season on paper Utd and Arsenal had better first elevens than Spurs - however injuries, suspensions and fatigue saw both fail to get top four. You have to have a squad with at least 20 "starting" quality players, you simply can't afford to play a team of kids and rejects whilst challenging the top three. Spuds have very obviously strengthened, we still need 4/5 new players to have any hope of mounting a challenge - or should we just pray that Pep, Klopp, Touchel or Conte all suddenly forget how to manage?

Plenty of time in the window yet - but if the season started tomorrow, we'd be an upper mid-table squad once again.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill