Ever Banega

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Ever Banega

Postby ifwan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:53 am

Melo, Cana and Matuidi. It seems that every time a defensive midfielder is mentioned in the papers as being available Arsenal are automatically linked as potential suitors.

One has to start to feel a little sorry for Denilson, Abou Diaby and Alexander Song, who are constantly thumbed over by both Arsenal fans and the fifth estate as just not good enough to play week in, week out alongside Cesc Fabregas.

That said, another day and another midfielder has been linked with the North London club, with reports breaking out of Argentina claiming that Arsene Wenger is interested in acquiring Valencia’s Ever Banega for £5 million.

The 21-year-old began his career with the powerhouse of Argentinean football Boca Juniors. He made his debut at 18 and only made 28 appearances before he was whisked off to Valencia by Ronald Koeman for a whopping €18 million in 2006.

Unfortunately for Banega he arrived at a tumultuous time at Los Che. With the club’s financial situation deteriorating and a huge price tag he was expected to deliver. As a young player the burden of expectation was too much and his performances were substandard.

Koeman’s dismissal resulted in the Argentinean making a paltry 12 appearances with only 7 starts and, after just one season, he was loaned to Atletico Madrid. He fared slightly better at his new club making 24 appearances and scoring 1 goal, although for all but 5 games he started on the bench.

At 5ft 8inches he is no Patrick Vieira, nor does he possess an engine like Flamini. Instead he sits in front of the back four utilising his excellent reading of the game to break up play and make interceptions. Although not known as a ferocious tackler he is not scared to show his studs and he has picked up 14 bookings and 3 reds in his career to date.

He is technically gifted and has quick feet which enable him to dance away from tricky situations, although he has a horrible habit of over-endulging on the edge of his 18-yard box or on the halfway-line. He passing ability is also excellent, and can find a team mate with pinpoint accuracy.He plays seemly like fabregas as he hold and demand for a ball.

On the downside, as with many foreigners Banega is known for being a theatrical diver.

Scandal too has followed the player. Just after he signed for Valencia a video was released on the internet of the footballer pleasuring himself, and the midfielder has also been caught driving whilst over the limit during his time in Spain.

His international career has yet to take-off and he has made only three appearances for the national team, which is unsurprising considering that is competing with Argentina’s captain Mascherano for a starting berth.

However, he is part of a new crop of exciting youngsters who have won the Under-20 World Cup in 2007 and Olympic Gold in 2008.

Available at a reported £5 million this is a player who is definitely worth buying. Will he solve Arsenal’s defensive problems? Probably not, but he is much better than the plethora of youngsters that Wenger has at his current disposal and could turn out to be an inspired purchase in the long run.

With Wenger having limited funds at his disposal this is an acquisition that could happen. However, the club needs a boost and the fans are looking for a beast to dominate the midfield and provide Fabregas the freedom to create goal scoring opportunities. Unfortunately Banegra will not provide this.

video is here:

ifwan
Liam Brady

Re: Ever Banega

Postby Goose » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Pleasuring himself, hahahahaahhaa

Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 pm

What a gruesome jpeg.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabby » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:30 pm

lmfao caught wanking, shame.

Dude you sound like his agent.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabby » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Reminds me of pirlo
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Inchpractice wrote:What a gruesome jpeg.

agree!

but back to the topic. I never heard of him. but sounds good.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby liam_cork » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm

more shopping in pound stretcher
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby undapresha » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Well, he isn't really the midfield enforcer type we require, so I'm not sure how suitable he is, although his passing and skill is very impressive. I think I'd prefer us to go for someone like Matuidi though.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Tatters » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Woah, let's not take this thread off-topic.

That gif is disgustingly awesome.
Tatters
Michael Thomas

Postby ifwan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:30 am

i think he can replace fabregas, such he plays like cesr.

but..i'm not sure he suited for DMC
ifwan
Liam Brady

Postby midfield » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 am

Might be worth buying. I'd give it a go.
The future is bright - it's Red and White!
ImageImage
midfield
Patrick Vieira

Postby gzagee » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Ifwan, I'm sorry if I'm wrongly accusing you, but the grammar in your opening post is better than your grammar in general. Have you copied this from a source? Or is this something you've come up with?

See cos your post is almost copied verbatum with this: http://www.101greatgoals.com/video-evid ... nal/30485/
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Goose » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:10 pm

gzagee wrote:Ifwan, I'm sorry if I'm wrongly accusing you, but the grammar in your opening post is better than your grammar in general. Have you copied this from a source? Or is this something you've come up with?

See cos your post is almost copied verbatum with this: http://www.101greatgoals.com/video-evid ... nal/30485/

lol :hiding:
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby The Rick » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:08 pm

undapresha wrote:Well, he isn't really the midfield enforcer type we require, so I'm not sure how suitable he is, although his passing and skill is very impressive. I think I'd prefer us to go for someone like Matuidi though.

I agree with this. It's always great to add a promising young player and I'd welcome Banega, but an enforcer-type should be the priority.
The Rick
Patrick Vieira

Postby Forest » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:20 pm

he got moved to europe well too quick though, barely played any games for boca first team before valencia brought him, prob because he was dubbed the new 'Gago'
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill