Lucas Paquetá

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Lucas Paquetá

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:29 pm

Salibatelli wrote:I just can’t see this happening, Lyon play hardball when it comes to players so the fee would be very higher, not convinced we need a player like him either, Tielemans would be much more suitable.

We’re just not going to pay the 68 million Lyon want or indeed anywhere near it.

You might be right. They wouldn't budge on Aouar and Paqueta is one of their top attacking players. He won't be cheap.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Reiss » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:35 pm

They've probs learnt their lesson over Aouar.

Could have gotten 50m for him but held out for more and can't sell him for 12.5m now.

Bring Paq to the carpet.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Reiss » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:37 pm

Just seen that he might be joining Betis

Lmao one of the best young talents a year or 2 ago and now he's a nobody

Let that be a lesson.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:39 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:I just can’t see this happening, Lyon play hardball when it comes to players so the fee would be very higher, not convinced we need a player like him either, Tielemans would be much more suitable.

We’re just not going to pay the 68 million Lyon want or indeed anywhere near it.

You might be right. They wouldn't budge on Aouar and Paqueta is one of their top attacking players. He won't be cheap.

I think these are just unrealistic targets, in some ways just like Raphinha.

Players like Tielemans who are selling at 25-30 million are a no brainer, he’s very good and great value for money.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Players like Tielemans who are selling at 25-30 million are a no brainer, he’s very good and great value for money.

I don't mind either. Tielemans does seem to be the cheaper option but if Paqueta is their first choice, I would prefer they push the boat out for their first choice knowing it will be an expensive purchase. But saying that, I don't know what system we'll play next season and we just bought Vieira who is a similar player.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I don't mind either. Tielemans does seem to be the cheaper option but if Paqueta is their first choice, I would prefer they push the boat out for their first choice knowing it will be an expensive purchase. But saying that, I don't know what system we'll play next season and we just bought Vieira who is a similar player.

I don’t really believe these rumours to be honest with you, but it’s clear he’s not first choice as we’ve not shown any interest until now, plus as you say we signed Vieira, so that would be a waste of 34 million.

What’s clear to me is that we won’t pay the kind of money we would need to for Paqueta, you can see from our supposed bid so far.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:08 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I don’t really believe these rumours to be honest with you, but it’s clear he’s not first choice as we’ve not shown any interest until now, plus as you say we signed Vieira, so that would be a waste of 34 million.

What’s clear to me is that we won’t pay the kind of money we would need to for Paqueta, you can see from our supposed bid so far.

Yeah, I doubt it will pay it either. Reports say bids start at £50m and ai can't see us spending that amount on a player when we have Odegaard, ESR and Vieira.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Arsenal are interested to sign a forward and Brazilian Lucas Paqueta fits their bill. They can rope in the Lyon forward for just £34million according to Media Foot.

The striker remains keen on a move to the Premier League as he is looking for a fresh challenge away from the Groupama Stadium. He scored 11 goals and provided seven assists in all competitions in the previous season.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:32 pm

Who
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:38 pm

Can't see it we already have 3 CAM's, we need a bigger more physical b2b.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:45 am

NovaGB wrote:Can't see it we already have 3 CAM's, we need a bigger more physical b2b.
Maybe Zinchenko is the defensive LCM option and Paqueta the attacking LCM option. Would allow us to mix it up a bit.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:52 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal are interested to sign a forward and Brazilian Lucas Paqueta fits their bill. They can rope in the Lyon forward for just £34million according to Media Foot.

The striker remains keen on a move to the Premier League as he is looking for a fresh challenge away from the Groupama Stadium. He scored 11 goals and provided seven assists in all competitions in the previous season.

£34m? :think:
Striker? :think:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm

Paqueta isn’t a striker and won’t be leaving for £34 million, Lyon don’t do discounts.

This is one of those that will probably drag on but won’t happen.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:52 pm

........I can't see with Odegaard and now Vieria, also ESR that we'd be bringing in a CAM.

It just doesn't make sense to have invested that much in two others to then bring in a 3rd for one position.

This is all smoke and mirrors imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:........I can't see with Odegaard and now Vieria, also ESR that we'd be bringing in a CAM.

It just doesn't make sense to have invested that much in two others to then bring in a 3rd for one position.

This is all smoke and mirrors imo.

This was my first thought, but seeing as Arteta goes inty City-lite mode from time to time (especially this window), do you think we might possibly see the 4-3-3 with two CAM types as City do with Silva and De Bruyne?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill