Blaise Matuidi

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Blaise Matuidi

Postby Fordy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:12 am

St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi has declared that he wishes to leave the Ligue 1 club.

Matuidi's impressive performances in France last season have led to reports that a number of sides are eyeing summer bids.

Premier League team Arsenal have been credited with an interest while Bordeaux and Marseille are said to be admirers.

The 22-year-old is ready for the next chapter in his career and is hopeful St Etienne will allow him to find a new club for the 2009/10 season.

"My wish, if I have the chance, is to leave," he told L'Equipe.

"If I have an opportunity, I will ask to leave. I have already said this in-house and the leaders understand my choice, but they also expressed their desire to keep me, which I find understandable.

"My wish is to leave because I think it's time. Or, if it's necessary and I stay, I would also be happy

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html
Fordy

Re: Blaise Matuidi

Postby undapresha » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:45 am

This is a player that interests me, however I know little about him. Can anyone provide a description of the way he plays and his approach to football?

As far as I know, this guy is a DM who is an absolute superstar in FM :lol:
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby castano » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:25 pm

How much will it cost us to get him?let's weigh the option against melo's.i hate to see eboue go
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabby » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Seriously if its between us signing a good new DM and having to give them Eboue to get him I'd f***ing throw him at them.

Eboue's good, but he's not even in the first team and hes not going to be so if he has to go so be it
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby undapresha » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:54 pm

From what I've heard, Blaise is still a young, developing DM as well, so he may not really be what we are looking for, as we already have Song and Denilson.

We need an established player who can perform well from the second he is signed in the DM position and, unless Blaise is already a gun at his young age, perhaps a guy such as Melo or Cana would be the way to go.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Exit8Gooner » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:40 pm

undapresha wrote:From what I've heard, Blaise is still a young, developing DM as well, so he may not really be what we are looking for, as we already have Song and Denilson.

I feel that we don't really need him right now, but he does have quite a bit of game time playing almost over 100 Ligue 1 games at St. Etienne and Troyes. Although it would be nice too see him come over with the defender Dabo, despite tottenham's interest in him.
Exit8Gooner
Liam Brady

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:35 pm

I reckon he'll have a low price tag, around 10 million or less, and that we should get him. I'm 50/50 on this one, because I reckon he's a promising young player, but I don't want him to be a flop like Eboue or Diaby.

Personally I want to sign him.

(This guy's also tried and tested on my FIFA games too!)
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Forest » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:38 pm

how do you rate a player by fifa games GPS?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:40 pm

I don't. I just comment that I've tried him on FIFA.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby maslo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:52 pm

i personally think itd be a great buy, similar to sagna, under the radar quality.
Ive seen him play a few times and he looks like a great prospect.

Not sure he'd be as good an instant addition as Melo but he will grow alot, and i personally think losing Eboue is really unwise, yeh Fabbyulous you say Eboues not first team but hes a quality RB backup its abit of a worry to be losing him and experience with it.
I would be happy to see Melo come dont get me wrong but i dont get people wanting rid of eboue so much.

Melo would be good losing eboue wouldnt, getting matuidi might not be so good but we wouldnt be losing a player, but then would eboue stay anyway? thats the question.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby undapresha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:20 am

Matuidi confirms his desire to play for Arsenal:

Blaise Matuidi has confirmed that he is pining for a move to Arsenal.

Matuidi has already announced his intention to leave St. Etienne, and he has now identified Arsene Wenger's side as his first choice.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said, "Playing for Arsenal would be fantastic but I can’t say anything about that yet.

"Everyone knows their wonderful style of football.”

Tottenham Hotspur and Everton have also been linked with a move for the 22-year-old, who has been at St. Etienne since 2007.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/07/1368078/st-etiennes-blaise-matuidi-wants-arsenal-move

There must be something more to this. The final part of his sentence 'but I can't say anything about that yet' indicates something is going on behind the scenes. Perhaps Arsenal and St. Etienne are in negotiations?

Time will tell.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby goonerghost » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:24 am

I feel like this is a rumor I heard a few weeks ago and then it kind of died out and went away.
goonerghost
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby castano » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 am

I remember vividly his wonderful lique 1 goal.took an unexpected shot with his left from 30yards
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby undapresha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:00 am

castano wrote:I remember vividly his wonderful lique 1 goal.took an unexpected shot with his left from 30yards

It was a great goal, it almost appeared as if he decided to shoot as an afterthought.

The goal, of course, was matched only by the crisp celebration which followed it :lol:
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby castano » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:05 am

undapresha wrote:
castano wrote:I remember vividly his wonderful lique 1 goal.took an unexpected shot with his left from 30yards

It was a great goal, it almost appeared as if he decided to shoot as an afterthought.

The goal, of course, was matched only by the crisp celebration which followed it :lol:

you too saw the goal?it was an after cause he slipped as he took the shoot.maybe youtube will have it
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill