Youri Tielemans

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Youri Tielemans

Postby Rockape » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:04 pm

:lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:47 am

Should be in for Kessie instead since Barca struggling to register him
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:27 am

Now that we have Fabio Vieira, I don't think our need for a more general type of central midfielder with greater emphasis on forward play like Tielemans is, is that essential anymore, particularly if we'll have to pay what accounts to strong money for the privilege.

Defensive efficiency and sturdiness are not prominent within his skill set, so his purchase would still leave us vulnerable to any significant period of time without the services of Partey, and given the awareness that for occasional games filling that position then Elneny is quite capable, to push beyond that is tantamount to expecting a top of the range Ford Mondeo to be almost as good as an Aston Martin Vantage.

So to that end then, if we're genuinely looking for just another body to improve our central midfield quota without them possessing really good defensive qualities also, I'm left with a slightly nagging impression that the Dewsbury-Hall fella ought to be the Leicester player we're interested in.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:Should be in for Kessie instead since Barca struggling to register him

i thought about yesterday when i was waiting out my weeklong ban
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:32 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I bought Fofana on FIFA last year ......... just saying.

I know good talent when I spot it.

got rinsed today...interfered with his gk to lead to a bad goal....
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:20 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:Now that we have Fabio Vieira, I don't think our need for a more general type of central midfielder with greater emphasis on forward play like Tielemans is, is that essential anymore, particularly if we'll have to pay what accounts to strong money for the privilege.

Defensive efficiency and sturdiness are not prominent within his skill set, so his purchase would still leave us vulnerable to any significant period of time without the services of Partey, and given the awareness that for occasional games filling that position then Elneny is quite capable, to push beyond that is tantamount to expecting a top of the range Ford Mondeo to be almost as good as an Aston Martin Vantage.

So to that end then, if we're genuinely looking for just another body to improve our central midfield quota without them possessing really good defensive qualities also, I'm left with a slightly nagging impression that the Dewsbury-Hall fella ought to be the Leicester player we're interested in.

Still feel we need better/quicker transition in that area of the pitch. We'll be exposed when we need to play counter tactics. All that pace and trickery up front will be cut off as it was last season.

If Arteta's copying City's model, we need a Gundogan.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Esr is our gundogan?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:03 am

Honestly xhaka put performed him so let's see I wouldn't be opposed to caicedo
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:48 am

I'd prefer someone who can also cover the Partey role.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:46 am

yadunoe wrote:Honestly xhaka put performed him so let's see I wouldn't be opposed to caicedo

Whilst admittedly not having viewed as large a sample size of his overall game and performances as I usually would before offering my opinion on a player, I do like a lot of the attributes he's so far displayed and recognise that he does have some genuine potential there in his locker.

Given that he is still within the formative stage of his career, kudos for having replaced Bissouma without Brighton even skipping a beat or dropped a level and as a compliment, squint your eyes and you could be forgiven for thinking that it was nothing but a malicious rumour that the Malian had indeed crossed over to the dark side and aped Lord Vader.

Absolutely no chance Brighton would even entertain the notion of selling him already but yes, his profile fits that of what I'd like to see us recruit asap, not only to directly challenge Partey for the DM position, but effectively kill two birds with one stone in being able to then allow the Ghanian to play the central midfield role as he used to for Atletico Madrid and compete with Xhaka for that spot and not need the purchase of Tielemans.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:52 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:I'd prefer someone who can also cover the Partey role.

I think he'll bank on Elneny, Xhaka or Sambi to cover.

Saw a clip on Twitter where we he spoke on the other two midfield roles. Despite having different attributes, he wants them to try and score goals. I think Vieira will play that Xhaka role we saw over the weekend once fit.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:45 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Saw a clip on Twitter where we he spoke on the other two midfield roles. Despite having different attributes, he wants them to try and score goals. I think Vieira will play that Xhaka role we saw over the weekend once fit.

I saw the interview.

That to me would be like a 4-3-3 with the central CM (Partey) being the anchor.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I saw the interview.

That to me would be like a 4-3-3 with the central CM (Partey) being the anchor.

That's what we've been playing for a while now. It's no longer a double pivot of Xhaka and Partey. Xhaka has been told to clear off and let Partey dictate things. Now Xhaka has even clearer instruction....get forwards and score more goals.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby NovaGB » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:48 pm

This ain't happening this window, Ornys Athletic page said the deal hangs on if Xhaka gets moved on, but judging by his form and that hes the bosses fave, there is no chance of that happening.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TedLasso » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:55 am

Yeah, best case scenario now is Xhaka’s performance gets a desperate late bid from some club that we cant say no to.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill