Youri Tielemans

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Youri Tielemans

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:11 pm

Word is we've offered £120k pw, which is fair for this profile of player. Hopefully we can sign him at that tier, can always offer improved terms if he does well here.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:13 pm

UFGN wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:If I was running Leicester's transfers I'd start making noises to report Arsenal for tapping up unless they get the deal done this week, its one thing to talk to the players agent whilst negotiating the deal but to do it with out even bothering to make an offer to Leicester is just taking the piss

Have they changed the tapping up rules? Over the last few years or so, I keep hearing how players and club have agreed personal terms but haven't agreed a fee with the 'selling' club.

because all clubs do it I think they have just stopped reporting each other as most clubs do it whilst also talking about a fee so no real harm is done, in this case though you aren't even trying to get a fee done so its blatant

Maybe if Leicester aren’t kicking up a fuss it’s because actually they’re happy to sell

sell to whom? no one had made a bid which is my point, I wouldn't even file a complaint I would just openly speak about it so Arsenal pull their finger out and stop taking the piss
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:03 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:If I was running Leicester's transfers I'd start making noises to report Arsenal for tapping up unless they get the deal done this week, its one thing to talk to the players agent whilst negotiating the deal but to do it with out even bothering to make an offer to Leicester is just taking the piss

...........but the window is open.

Whether they approached before or now, fact is windows open and players agents are free to be contacted by clubs.

Its for the agent to tell the buying club "No thanks, player wants to stay at his club".

If the agent says "Yes he's interested" then Arsenal have every right to open pre-discussions, whether that results in a buy or not, is neither here nor there.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Whether they approached before or now, fact is windows open and players agents are free to be contacted by clubs.

Its for the agent to tell the buying club "No thanks, player wants to stay at his club".

If the agent says "Yes he's interested" then Arsenal have every right to open pre-discussions, whether that results in a buy or not, is neither here nor there.

no they aren't you need permission to speak to a player or manager under contract, doing so without is called tapping up and the FA and Prem can punish you heavily if the club the player is contracted to complains.

Most don't but that's because the other club is negotiating a fee, in this case you are just unsettling our player and making no actual effort to buy him. this isn't finding out if he's interested the reports are you have agreed a contract with him, that's very different and clearly crosses the line
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:19 pm

Hopefully Leicester complain about edu and Arteta and an investigation find they are up to no good and we sack them
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Roycck » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:52 pm

I guess the bromance between Arteta and Xhaka is hampering this deal.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:03 am

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

no they aren't you need permission to speak to a player or manager under contract, doing so without is called tapping up and the FA and Prem can punish you heavily if the club the player is contracted to complains.

Most don't but that's because the other club is negotiating a fee, in this case you are just unsettling our player and making no actual effort to buy him. this isn't finding out if he's interested the reports are you have agreed a contract with him, that's very different and clearly crosses the line

"Reports" are not evidence though, how would anyone prove a contract has been agreed when no contract has been officially signed?

Fact is clubs don't go round making accusations when the window is open because other clubs will simply not come to you to buy players if a particular club is going round reporting any interested parties every time they approach.

Your main problem is that Tielemans clearly wants to leave, that isn't Arsenals doing and "if" there was some concrete pre-contract talks as these reports are indicating .......... then why haven't we bid yet?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:02 am

Roycck wrote:I guess the bromance between Arteta and Xhaka is hampering this deal.

Its possible that Xhaka expected Roma to come back in for him. But Jose swooped for Matic on a free, so the dream is over.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:52 am

BexleyGooner wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.......well let's ask the question.

Are we actually after him though? I mean sold on him?

Maybe Arteta has some other CM in mind.
Got to hope that is the case. Maybe he's the cheap option if we need to save money for raphinha or martinez but if we don't get them there's a big money CM lined up.

Think you’re being very optimistic there
Only way to stsy sane :)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:58 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Roycck wrote:I guess the bromance between Arteta and Xhaka is hampering this deal.

Its possible that Xhaka expected Roma to come back in for him. But Jose swooped for Matic on a free, so the dream is over.

That might be what's holding a CM signing up.

Arteta looking and seeing that Xhaka & Partey are 1st choice and that's not changing, Elneny and Lokonga back up.

........ so maybe he's thinking the money is better kept for elsewhere?

Xhaka would never accept a bench role and he's an Arteta favourite.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 am

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Tbh we don’t seem to have a good relationship with your lot so probably this is partly on purpose.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:36 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:

I think Xhaka is more than comfortable here, why would he want to leave?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:21 am

We have Xhaka a new contract last summer, he’ll be in no hurry to leave and we’ll struggle to sell.

The chance was there last summer, someone wanted him they offered money for him and we should have bitten their hand off.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Santi wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Tbh we don’t seem to have a good relationship with your lot so probably this is partly on purpose.

we don't? we've barely done business so can't see why that would be the case?
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:24 pm

The failed Vardy attempt, the block with Mahrez and then all the bullshit red cards we seem to get against you…dunno I feel there’s no good links between the clubs but might just be me :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill