Lisandro Martinez

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Lisandro Martinez

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:40 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Santi wrote:Bissouma might end up in a cell, Richarlison doesn't strengthen them in the slightest imo. He's not that good and their front line was already more than good enough. 60m down the shitter if you ask me.

Perisic could do but nothing special as a signing is he, Conte might get a good year or two out of him but he's going to be a squad filler at both wing back slots so don't think a big first XI improvement.

Not sure what the rest has got to do with the fact that they haven't strengthened their first XI's yet. They will be trying to and so are we, meanwhile we've actually done it with Jesus. Attempted to with Martinez and Raphinha too, even if they fail it's clear we're also aiming to make big upgrades and hopefully will move to other targets.

You're argument is deeply flawed - what is this fixation with a starting eleven? - any EPL team in Europe, with average domestic cup runs, will play close to 5,000 minutes of competitive football, the most any player will play is around 4,000 and that's mostly keepers. This season will also include a World Cup for many star players, even the fittest will barely manage 3,000 for their clubs, only two Arsenal players Gabriel 3068 and Ramsdale 3060 achieved that for us in the EPL last season. You need two players for every position unless you want your standards to drop massively when players get injured or need a rest. Don't forget it's now five subs, at least you need a starting sixteen as the bench players will become very important.

Bissouma has been cleared, he probably starts most games but at the very least adds depth in CM.

Richarlison as the fourth striker is arguably better than any of our front four options - how is that not an improvement?

Perisic as one of two options at wingback left or right is a HUGE step up from what they had, even if it's only for a year or two.

Lenglet (loan) an experienced centre back can play all across a back three - start? but certainly in squad rotation.

The focus on the first eleven is plain wrong - last season on paper Utd and Arsenal had better first elevens than Spurs - however injuries, suspensions and fatigue saw both fail to get top four. You have to have a squad with at least 20 "starting" quality players, you simply can't afford to play a team of kids and rejects whilst challenging the top three. Spuds have very obviously strengthened, we still need 4/5 new players to have any hope of mounting a challenge - or should we just pray that Pep, Klopp, Touchel or Conte all suddenly forget how to manage?

Plenty of time in the window yet - but if the season started tomorrow, we'd be an upper mid-table squad once again.

Well I stopped at your first line because you clearly didn't read the other posts. The original comment was specifically about how Spurs (and others) upgraded their first XI so the rest of what you've written is probably pointless.

They've done okay business (not really impressed with any particular player, maybe Bissouma) to improve their squad which was weak but if we're looking at first XI I don't see any real improvement. Richarlison is 60m down the toilet.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:46 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Santi wrote:Lenglet is another dreadful signing lmao

Everyone desperate to big up Spurs, absolutely hilarious. Richarlison a quality player as well? :rofll: he's beyond inconsistent and his best isn't even that good.

Also using Auba's best in his career when his last 2 years he might as well not have been here just proves that you're trying to be negative about our club, you've spent too long reading Ozim's posts I guess.

Man, whether players like Bissouma, Perisic, Richarlison and Lenglet are good enough for them or not remains to be seen.
The general consensus is that Sp*rs don't have good DM and defenders. Conte has done something to address their problem. Something that we haven't done so far.

The general consensus is people want to cry and moan at everything Arsenal do even though nobody would've even dreamed of us being in for a player like Raphinha in the first place.

Spurs making a few backup signings doesn't make our summer any better or worse so far, as long as we do our business (and clearly we're trying to go big) then we'll be fine and that's all I care about.

I'm far more worried that Spurs managed to keep Conte interested and around for another season because he can win a title with shit players (Ashley Young LB, Moses RB, Alexis 'past it' Sanchez up front, Darmian RB etc). If he's having a say in the signings, and I think it's clear he is, then that's what is worrying about their business rather than any of the actual signings themselves.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:23 am

You know standards have sunk to an all time low when we can only dream of being in for a player like Raphinha.

Squad depth is important, but the priority should be strengthening the starting 11. Since Conte arrived they have signed Kulasevski, Bentacur, Bissouma, Perisic, Richarlison with Spence and Lenglet looking to follow. At least 3 of those probably 4 will be starting 11 players.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby 22-0 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:29 am

alexafc12 wrote:You know standards have sunk to an all time low when we can only dream of being in for a player like Raphinha.

Squad depth is important, but the priority should be strengthening the starting 11. Since Conte arrived they have signed Kulasevski, Bentacur, Bissouma, Perisic, Richarlison with Spence and Lenglet looking to follow. At least 3 of those probably 4 will be starting 11 players.

worst part is probably the fans defending the regression we're having over the last 10+ years.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:15 pm

Santi wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Santi wrote:Bissouma might end up in a cell, Richarlison doesn't strengthen them in the slightest imo. He's not that good and their front line was already more than good enough. 60m down the shitter if you ask me.

Perisic could do but nothing special as a signing is he, Conte might get a good year or two out of him but he's going to be a squad filler at both wing back slots so don't think a big first XI improvement.

Not sure what the rest has got to do with the fact that they haven't strengthened their first XI's yet. They will be trying to and so are we, meanwhile we've actually done it with Jesus. Attempted to with Martinez and Raphinha too, even if they fail it's clear we're also aiming to make big upgrades and hopefully will move to other targets.

You're argument is deeply flawed - what is this fixation with a starting eleven? - any EPL team in Europe, with average domestic cup runs, will play close to 5,000 minutes of competitive football, the most any player will play is around 4,000 and that's mostly keepers. This season will also include a World Cup for many star players, even the fittest will barely manage 3,000 for their clubs, only two Arsenal players Gabriel 3068 and Ramsdale 3060 achieved that for us in the EPL last season. You need two players for every position unless you want your standards to drop massively when players get injured or need a rest. Don't forget it's now five subs, at least you need a starting sixteen as the bench players will become very important.

Bissouma has been cleared, he probably starts most games but at the very least adds depth in CM.

Richarlison as the fourth striker is arguably better than any of our front four options - how is that not an improvement?

Perisic as one of two options at wingback left or right is a HUGE step up from what they had, even if it's only for a year or two.

Lenglet (loan) an experienced centre back can play all across a back three - start? but certainly in squad rotation.

The focus on the first eleven is plain wrong - last season on paper Utd and Arsenal had better first elevens than Spurs - however injuries, suspensions and fatigue saw both fail to get top four. You have to have a squad with at least 20 "starting" quality players, you simply can't afford to play a team of kids and rejects whilst challenging the top three. Spuds have very obviously strengthened, we still need 4/5 new players to have any hope of mounting a challenge - or should we just pray that Pep, Klopp, Touchel or Conte all suddenly forget how to manage?

Plenty of time in the window yet - but if the season started tomorrow, we'd be an upper mid-table squad once again.

Well I stopped at your first line because you clearly didn't read the other posts. The original comment was specifically about how Spurs (and others) upgraded their first XI so the rest of what you've written is probably pointless.

They've done okay business (not really impressed with any particular player, maybe Bissouma) to improve their squad which was weak but if we're looking at first XI I don't see any real improvement. Richarlison is 60m down the toilet.

I did, I just disagree.

I think they have improved their first 11 and think Richarlson is a very good signing who will feature a lot in their first 11.

I think he’s better than Jesus and that’s also why he starts over him for Brazil, he’s got much more to his game and is a more of a match winner.

We haven’t really improved our first 11, not on last summer anyway, Jesus is a downgrade on Aubameyang IMO.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:53 pm

22-0 wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:You know standards have sunk to an all time low when we can only dream of being in for a player like Raphinha.

worst part is probably the fans defending the regression we're having over the last 10+ years.

Will never understand that.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby dc16 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Sounds like we might be going back for another offer next week.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Santi wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I did, I just disagree.

I think they have improved their first 11 and think Richarlson is a very good signing who will feature a lot in their first 11.

I think he’s better than Jesus and that’s also why he starts over him for Brazil, he’s got much more to his game and is a more of a match winner.

We haven’t really improved our first 11, not on last summer anyway, Jesus is a downgrade on Aubameyang IMO.

I know you disagree but unless you're also EK then IDK what the point was :D

As for downgrade on Aubameyang, well for one I disagree because Aubameyang that started last season with us was f***ing dogshit but not only that, we sold him in January and ended the season with Lacazette and Eddie sharing minutes. Jesus is certainly an upgrade on that, even if he is a bit of a gamble as well.

I think it's a huge improvement on the squad that ended the season, hopefully we add 2/3 more players though because alone it's nowhere near enough for sure.

CM is a must
LB - would like a starter cos KT cant stay fit but a backup is fine
CF/WF - one or the other. If we sign a starting left back then I'll understand a backup addition here. If not I want a Scamacca or Raphinha level player.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:42 pm

Santi wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Santi wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I did, I just disagree.

I know you disagree but unless you're also EK then IDK what the point was :D

As for downgrade on Aubameyang, well for one I disagree because Aubameyang that started last season with us was f***ing dogshit but not only that, we sold him in January and ended the season with Lacazette and Eddie sharing minutes. Jesus is certainly an upgrade on that, even if he is a bit of a gamble as well.

I think it's a huge improvement on the squad that ended the season, hopefully we add 2/3 more players though because alone it's nowhere near enough for sure.

CM is a must
LB - would like a starter cos KT cant stay fit but a backup is fine
CF/WF - one or the other. If we sign a starting left back then I'll understand a backup addition here. If not I want a Scamacca or Raphinha level player.

Aubameyang was an out and out goalscorer but poorly used by Arteta, we’ve seen what happened since he went to Barca and he clearly hasn’t lost his ability to score goals.

I said he was better because he is a better finisher which is what we needed IMO.

As for our squad, I fail to see how it’s a huge improvement. Marquinhos is very young and not ready, Vieira was a backup for Porto so can really only be a bit part backup for us, that leaves Jesus on who opinions vary, he obviously brings something else, but personally I’ve never really rated him so although he improves is I don’t believe he improves us hugely .

Saliba is the player I’m most excited about and that improves us most IMO, as I think he’ll be an upgrade on White who has a tendency to dive in too much rather than stay on his feet.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Well tbh huge was a bit of an overstatement, got a bit caught up in the reply but I think our starting XI has improved purely by the signing of Jesus. That's what I meant to say, you don't agree that's cool...I'm not 100% convinced about Jesus as I mentioned but I don't see how he can't be an improvement on the Auba/Eddie/Laca we saw last season.

Again with Richarlison we have different views and hence you think they've upgraded their first XI and I don't, all good. I do wonder why you rate Richarlison and not Jesus though. One for me is a guy with the ego of Zlatan who can occasionally whip something out of his ass but 8 of 10 games will do little while the other is a good striker who's been forced to play second fiddle most of the time he's been at city but his numbers per 90 are still pretty good.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:06 pm

alexafc12 wrote:You're finding excuses.

Perisic was one of Inter's best players last year and fills the LWB role perfectly.

Bissouma is an upgrade on their other options.

They've almost reportedly agreed a deal for Lenglet on loan.

That's 3 starting players for a team that finished ahead of us and has a world class manager.

We've replaced Auba with Jesus. A player that consistently challenged for and won golden boots, for a player that manages around 10 goals per season.

Auba had two good seasons then lost his head.

Just as Ozil had to go, so did Auba... it was the right decision. We can't put it all down to the manager when players decide they've had enough.

Jesus is a clear improvement over the Aubameyang of the last season and a half at Arsenal.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:08 pm

Santi wrote:Well I stopped at your first line because you clearly didn't read the other posts. The original comment was specifically about how Spurs (and others) upgraded their first XI so the rest of what you've written is probably pointless.

They've done okay business (not really impressed with any particular player) maybe Bissouma to improve their squad which was weak but if we're looking at first XI I don't see any real improvement. Richarlison is 60m down the toilet.

I take your comment that I answered a different question but the facts remain the same. Having a fantastic 1st eleven won't win you feck all if your subs are all half as good. Spurs finished fourth because they added, what everyone in January called very average squad players, because when it mattered those players stood up to be counted. When Kane, Son and Romero all got injured Spurs did as well or better with their reserves.

How did losing Partey and Tierney work for us having to play our back-ups?

City and Liverpool can rest almost every player knowing they have a quality backup - that's where we need to be. Right now we're not even close.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:19 pm

Arteta publicly threw him under the bus and then we're surprised that he clocked out.

Jesus is an upgrade on the Auba if you judge him on his form during his final season and a half. On quality as a striker I'd take Auba.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:21 pm

I don't agree with signings lots of squad players to improve the squad depth.

You then end up with 25 players none of which are good enough to win major honours.

Strengthen the starting lineup and then those who lose their places become the squad depth. Maybe then for once we'd have some actual competition for places.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:12 pm

Santi wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Santi wrote:Lenglet is another dreadful signing lmao

Everyone desperate to big up Spurs, absolutely hilarious. Richarlison a quality player as well? :rofll: he's beyond inconsistent and his best isn't even that good.

Also using Auba's best in his career when his last 2 years he might as well not have been here just proves that you're trying to be negative about our club, you've spent too long reading Ozim's posts I guess.

Man, whether players like Bissouma, Perisic, Richarlison and Lenglet are good enough for them or not remains to be seen.
The general consensus is that Sp*rs don't have good DM and defenders. Conte has done something to address their problem. Something that we haven't done so far.

The general consensus is people want to cry and moan at everything Arsenal do even though nobody would've even dreamed of us being in for a player like Raphinha in the first place.

Spurs making a few backup signings doesn't make our summer any better or worse so far, as long as we do our business (and clearly we're trying to go big) then we'll be fine and that's all I care about.

I'm far more worried that Spurs managed to keep Conte interested and around for another season because he can win a title with shit players (Ashley Young LB, Moses RB, Alexis 'past it' Sanchez up front, Darmian RB etc). If he's having a say in the signings, and I think it's clear he is, then that's what is worrying about their business rather than any of the actual signings themselves.

You really think Bissouma and Perisic are back up signings?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill