Raphinha

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Raphinha

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:33 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:To that end, my hope and preference would be for us to complete the recruitment of either Gianluca Scamacca or Cody Gakpo to play that central striking role in a front 3 being flanked by Gabriel Martinelli on the left and Gabriel Jesus on the right as our 1st choice attacking option.

So you don't class our top scorer/assists and overall best player of the last 2 years with plenty of head room to get better....as first choice? you rate Martinelli whos similar but lacking in end product as ahead off him in your dream front 3?

If your opinion is that as things stand, Bukayo Saka ought to be ahead of Gabriel Jesus in a pecking order to start as the right wing forward then fair enough. I stress the point with these two players given that was the only point in common being made regarding MY preferred selection of an attacking front triumvirate.

Gabriel Martinelli's productivity and goalscoring prowess from last season is without a doubt second to that of Saka, but the young Brazilian played predominantly from the left wing forward position whilst displaying attributes to suggest scope as a central striker too and as things stand he does not have a proven, more experienced player offering up a challenge to compete for that slot, as is the case on the opposite flank with Saka.

Why would Jesus be our first choice right winger anyway when hes right footed anyway? plus he was bought to start up top.

I don't think Gabi is suitable as a striker at all, hes not good enough in front of goal, not strong enough to hold the ball up and if you watch him, his main strength is making dangerous mazey runs in the opponents box from the left side, hes shown nothing that makes me think he can play the 9 role, he offers nothing more to that role than what Saka would.

If anything ESR is the most suitable to play up top from all of our wingers.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:52 pm

Omari Hutchinson should be the player we develop on the right as an understudy to Saka.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:01 pm

swipe right wrote:Omari Hutchinson should be the player we develop on the right as an understudy to Saka.

Arteta's yet to give anybody from the academy a proper chance. Hutchison, Balogun, Patino, Azeez....list goes on. Seems easier to spend £35m on some European prospect
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:16 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
swipe right wrote:Omari Hutchinson should be the player we develop on the right as an understudy to Saka.

Arteta's yet to give anybody from the academy a proper chance. Hutchison, Balogun, Patino, Azeez....list goes on. Seems easier to spend £35m on some European prospect

They are not ready for a top 4 push! They will need to go out on loan to a prem side before they are ready. Hopefully Palace or somewhere like that
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:51 pm

Barca gonna land him after all it seems
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 am

Hopefully Gnabry will be our other option, it makes to much sense.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:48 am

NovaGB wrote:Hopefully Gnabry will be our other option, it makes to much sense.

Well if Barcelona hijack the Raphina deal, it’s only logical Chelsea will Hijack the Gnabry one if we went for him.

Not sure Gnabry loves us enough to pick us over Chelsea they can offer more wages, CL football and guaranteed trophies.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby 22-0 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:51 am

We cant afford gnarby even bayern aint willing to pay what he wants.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reiss » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:07 am

Apparently his first choice is Barca. What dumb arse would choose Barcelona in the current state they're in over playing in the PL?

The PL is the best and most competitive league in the world. Barca are an absolutely mess (and in a lot of financial trouble).

I don't get this weird flex South American's still have for la liga. 5 years ago maybe but the PL is the top dog now (and yes I know Madrid are European champions but you know what I mean).
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby NovaGB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:29 am

22-0 wrote:We cant afford gnarby even bayern aint willing to pay what he wants.

I'm pretty sure he was demanding them to equal Leroy Sanes wage which was 180k a week, i think we could offer him up to 220k a week, he is worth it
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:29 am

NovaGB wrote:
22-0 wrote:We cant afford gnarby even bayern aint willing to pay what he wants.

I'm pretty sure he was demanding them to equal Leroy Sanes wage which was 180k a week, i think we could offer him up to 220k a week, he is worth it

from what i heard he would be costing upwards of 300-350
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:49 am

Why would any footballer choose Arsenal of 2022 to either Barca or Chelsea? Even with their issues both provide more chance of proper success than us.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:01 am

NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:To that end, my hope and preference would be for us to complete the recruitment of either Gianluca Scamacca or Cody Gakpo to play that central striking role in a front 3 being flanked by Gabriel Martinelli on the left and Gabriel Jesus on the right as our 1st choice attacking option.

So you don't class our top scorer/assists and overall best player of the last 2 years with plenty of head room to get better....as first choice? you rate Martinelli whos similar but lacking in end product as ahead off him in your dream front 3?

If your opinion is that as things stand, Bukayo Saka ought to be ahead of Gabriel Jesus in a pecking order to start as the right wing forward then fair enough. I stress the point with these two players given that was the only point in common being made regarding MY preferred selection of an attacking front triumvirate.

Gabriel Martinelli's productivity and goalscoring prowess from last season is without a doubt second to that of Saka, but the young Brazilian played predominantly from the left wing forward position whilst displaying attributes to suggest scope as a central striker too and as things stand he does not have a proven, more experienced player offering up a challenge to compete for that slot, as is the case on the opposite flank with Saka.

Why would Jesus be our first choice right winger anyway when hes right footed anyway? plus he was bought to start up top.

I don't think Gabi is suitable as a striker at all, hes not good enough in front of goal, not strong enough to hold the ball up and if you watch him, his main strength is making dangerous mazey runs in the opponents box from the left side, hes shown nothing that makes me think he can play the 9 role, he offers nothing more to that role than what Saka would.

.......... well we're going to find out, he's our no9 officially now.

Tbf though there is only a couple of adjustments to make if he does struggle centrally.

1 - Play Eddie Central and move Jesus to the wing where we know he plays his optimal game.

2 - Change to a proper 3 or 2 up front so Jesus isn't isolated up top centrally and has more positional freedom to make those runs without being penned in the box waiting for the ball because he'd have striker support also attacking in line with him.

The overall signing is a good one and the sort of level of player we need, the adjustments are down to Arteta.

Lets hope he doesn't fk it up like he did with Auba.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Tbf though there is only a couple of adjustments to make if he does struggle centrally.

1 - Play Eddie Central and move Jesus to the wing where we know he plays his optimal game.

2 - Change to a proper 3 or 2 up front so Jesus isn't isolated up top centrally and has more positional freedom to make those runs without being penned in the box waiting for the ball because he'd have striker support also attacking in line with him.

The overall signing is a good one and the sort of level of player we need, the adjustments are down to Arteta.

Gabis is not our number 9 i didn't mean Gabriel Jesus i meant Gabriel Martinelli thats what everyone calls him at the games.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:06 pm

NovaGB wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Gabis is not our number 9 i didn't mean Gabriel Jesus i meant Gabriel Martinelli thats what everyone calls him at the games.

Oh right.

Too many Gabriels in the team lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill