Raphinha

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Raphinha

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:18 pm

Whilst I acknowledge Raphinha as a quality player fully capable of improving the output we achieved last season from right wing, and at the same time be likely to act as a motivational tool and incentive for Bukayo Saka to produce his best level to a greater consistency and thus improve the squad, not acquiring his services is by no means devastating.

If anything, my hope is that the club is putting to good use all the experience they've gained over the years in the practice of using smoke and mirrors to have portrayed one thing as they actually went and did the opposite in the intricate art of misdirection. If it has indeed been by design for Edu to exploit his Brazilian connection to the Leeds wide man as part of a decoy in averting prying eyes from our true transfer targets, then well played that man.

As such, my hope would be that Gabriel Jesus is indeed the one to be the prime candidate to operate in a front 3 as a designated RWF easily capable of occupying the central striking position too should need arise, as opposed to it being his primary position within the team.

To that end, my hope and preference would be for us to complete the recruitment of either Gianluca Scamacca or Cody Gakpo to play that central striking role in a front 3 being flanked by Gabriel Martinelli on the left and Gabriel Jesus on the right as our 1st choice attacking option.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:33 pm

I'm fine with this. One less excuse for not buying a CF.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Roycck » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 am

Good player but i prefer a cm signing.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:49 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:To that end, my hope and preference would be for us to complete the recruitment of either Gianluca Scamacca or Cody Gakpo to play that central striking role in a front 3 being flanked by Gabriel Martinelli on the left and Gabriel Jesus on the right as our 1st choice attacking option.

So you don't class our top scorer/assists and overall best player of the last 2 years with plenty of head room to get better....as first choice? you rate Martinelli whos similar but lacking in end product as ahead off him in your dream front 3?
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby indy23 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:00 am

Doubt we will go for another striker or forward ... jesus and eddie lol. Yeah good luck
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:05 am

NovaGB wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:To that end, my hope and preference would be for us to complete the recruitment of either Gianluca Scamacca or Cody Gakpo to play that central striking role in a front 3 being flanked by Gabriel Martinelli on the left and Gabriel Jesus on the right as our 1st choice attacking option.

So you don't class our top scorer/assists and overall best player of the last 2 years with plenty of head room to get better....as first choice? you rate Martinelli whos similar but lacking in end product as ahead off him in your dream front 3?

If your opinion is that as things stand, Bukayo Saka ought to be ahead of Gabriel Jesus in a pecking order to start as the right wing forward then fair enough. I stress the point with these two players given that was the only point in common being made regarding MY preferred selection of an attacking front triumvirate.

Gabriel Martinelli's productivity and goalscoring prowess from last season is without a doubt second to that of Saka, but the young Brazilian played predominantly from the left wing forward position whilst displaying attributes to suggest scope as a central striker too and as things stand he does not have a proven, more experienced player offering up a challenge to compete for that slot, as is the case on the opposite flank with Saka.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:31 am

dc16 wrote:

Yup. Looks like it may be dead now.

But, but, we're in the pole position.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:14 am

Idk why we don't go in for gnabry I'd rather have him but for me I CM is better the thing with gnabry though is he can play down the middle false 9 gives us flexibility. I still think if we can DCL for 40m I'd rather do that we need an Ariel threat in the box that can hold up play
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:23 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:I'm fine with this. One less excuse for not buying a CF.
Agreed
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:16 am

We submitted a bid but Chelsea / Barca were more appealing. No great loss - will be annoying if Richarlison now goes to Spurs as we were "favourites" for both of those once. In my view they are both good squad players with a potential for greatness (much like Jesus) will see if any of them set next season on fire ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:02 am

So we couldve had him but we didnt offer anywhere near what chelsea offered.

gonna be fun when saka gets injured 2 weeks into the next season.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby FrustratedGooner » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:23 am

22-0 wrote:So we couldve had him but we didnt offer anywhere near what chelsea offered.

gonna be fun when saka gets injured 2 weeks into the next season.

Probably why he gone for Jesus. Can start Martinelli Jesus and Eddie as a front 3. I just hope we find a target man CF between now and the end of the window.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:29 am

Yeah nothing against nketiah but hes not starting 11 quality. Still think hallér from ajax would be good along side jesus but maybe dortmund already signed him dunno.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:56 am

I see we offered 30 million for Raphinha, I think it’s pretty clear that was never going to be accepted, it’s less than half what Leeds valued him at and what Chelsea have offered.

We never went in with a second offer either, was this one of those we tried offers for a player as someone stated as 30 million seems like a very low offer.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:14 am

Well we have two other options .............

Buy a CF and put Jesus as WF or ......... Gnabry.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either of those alternatives.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill