Alexander Isak

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Alexander Isak

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:02 pm

has me intrigued scored some benders that are as good as anything Auba has done here...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:17 pm

Real Madrid will rival us for him apparently
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:48 pm

Out of the options mentioned, this guy has the most potential to me. Mainly because he's 6ft4". Looks like an injury waiting to happen though
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:37 am

I think that the majority of fans understand that no transfer comes with a guarantee. Granted that one of the adjectives you wouldn't hang on Isak as things stand is prolific. However, there's plenty of examples of players changing environments and their career trajectories along with it.

Does anyone else recollect how smug Mourinho was when implying he'd pulled Everton's pants down in getting £16/18M for Lukaku, who he then had to shell out some £60M for 3/4 years later and subsequently Chelsea laying out almost £100M to eventually bring him back to the Bridge that nobody was crying over at the time. Similarly, although he duly resurrected his career at Roma, find one Scouser who honestly (yes, it is grammatically correct to use honestly and Scouser in the same sentence, it shouldn't be, but it is) foresaw the Chelsea reject becoming one of the absolute deadliest goalscorers in the world. The exact same sentiment could be echoed for KDB, and so as to not appear to just be digging a couple up into the ribs of Chelsea, Mane falls into that category also.

If it is indeed that Isak is now the one that our recruitment team are going all in on then so be it, as the environment we seem to be building at The Emirates looks to be one designed for young talent like his to thrive, flourish and come into full bloom.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:52 am

I just think David is better and cheaper dame with DCL
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 am

yadunoe wrote:I just think David is better and cheaper dame with DCL

Isn't he a runny, through ball scorer type though? We don't play that football under Arteta
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jase89 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:17 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:I think that the majority of fans understand that no transfer comes with a guarantee. Granted that one of the adjectives you wouldn't hang on Isak as things stand is prolific. However, there's plenty of examples of players changing environments and their career trajectories along with it.

Does anyone else recollect how smug Mourinho was when implying he'd pulled Everton's pants down in getting £16/18M for Lukaku, who he then had to shell out some £60M for 3/4 years later and subsequently Chelsea laying out almost £100M to eventually bring him back to the Bridge that nobody was crying over at the time. Similarly, although he duly resurrected his career at Roma, find one Scouser who honestly (yes, it is grammatically correct to use honestly and Scouser in the same sentence, it shouldn't be, but it is) foresaw the Chelsea reject becoming one of the absolute deadliest goalscorers in the world. The exact same sentiment could be echoed for KDB, and so as to not appear to just be digging a couple up into the ribs of Chelsea, Mane falls into that category also.

If it is indeed that Isak is now the one that our recruitment team are going all in on then so be it, as the environment we seem to be building at The Emirates looks to be one designed for young talent like his to thrive, flourish and come into full bloom.

Salah too
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:02 am

Sounds promising and one of Europe's next big talents but I don't think we'll get him. Thierry Henry is one of his favourite player's well.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:23 am

Power n Glory wrote:Sounds promising and one of Europe's next big talents but I don't think we'll get him. Thierry Henry is one of his favourite player's well.

One of Europe's 'big talents' that doesn't score many goals.
Not really that encouraging when we need a striker who can score goals.
He may have a good Fifa rating, but unless he scores goals he's not what we need.
Only reason to get this guy is as a replacement to Pepe.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:33 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Sounds promising and one of Europe's next big talents but I don't think we'll get him. Thierry Henry is one of his favourite player's well.

He may have a good Fifa rating, but unless he scores goals he's not what we need.

Look at this guy!

Stop seeking attention. :)
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:39 am

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Look at this guy!

^irony at it's finest - from the guy who proclaims over and over again he is ignoring me but can't handle the challenge to his points and resorts to nonsense posts in response. :sneaky2:

Perhaps you can tell us why , when we need a goal scorer, Isak would be the answer - given he doesn't score many goals.
What have you seen in his play that tells you he will be a top scoring threat in the PL?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Look at this guy!

^irony at it's finest.

Perhaps you can tell us why , when we need a goal scorer, Isak would be the answer - given he doesn't score many goals.
What have you seen in his play that tells you he will be a top scoring threat in the PL?

Again...what are you doing? It's just going to end up in more useless metric talk and point scoring, moving goal posts....don't you get bored of it? I do, hence why you often get ignored.

It would be more refreshing to have conversations with different posters sometimes. You saw thebigbangtheo post and some the comparisons. Jase89 mentioned Salah as well. Along with the below statement which I thought was a good summary.

But here you go with the usual nonsense and decide to challenge what I've said. It's getting boring.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:33 am

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Look at this guy!

^irony at it's finest.

Again...what are you doing? It's just going to end up in more useless metric talk and point scoring, moving goal posts....don't you get bored of it? I do, hence why you often get ignored.

It would be more refreshing to have conversations with different posters sometimes. You saw thebigbangtheo post and some the comparisons. Jase89 mentioned Salah as well. Along with the below statement which I thought was a good summary.

But here you go with the usual nonsense and decide to challenge what I've said. It's getting boring.

I read all the posts and I saw the videos and and all the comparisons that show not much in relation to Isak.

I am asking you to articulate why Isak is the goal scorer we need when he doesn't score goals as far as I can see.
For some reason you seem to take it personally when you are challenged and launch into personal attacks.
That doesn't cut it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am

He's better than Eddie and we need 2 strikers.

If he gets us closer to CL then £30m or whatever is well worth it.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill