Dušan Vlahović

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Dušan Vlahović

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Move on to David isak or DCL he's looking to move to a team that misses out on halaand and mbappe
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby yadunoe » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:27 pm

Gonna go to the deadline cause noway they can come in time for burnley so we have till the end of the windo since there's a break
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:35 pm

woould love to have him aboard, but... other options needa be given oxygen
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:59 pm

From FourFourTwo

Vlahovic was thought to be unenthused by the prospect of heading to the Emirates Stadium this month, with his options opening up in the summer. The Serbian has just 18 months left on his current deal but wants to wait for a transfer battle between the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan, Manchester City and Bayern Munich to ensue before making a decision on his future.

According to La Repubblica, however, the Gunners might have made the all-important breakthrough.

The north Londoners have apparently agreed terms with his Florence-based employers and are said to be willing to part with a sizeable fee to ensure Vlahovic's agency are satisfied. The striker himself is said to be impressed with the offer of £160,000 a week, which would put him in the upper bracket of earners at London Colney – and is now seriously considering the transfer to Arteta's team.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby dc16 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:17 pm

Well that sounds slightly more positive.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:32 pm

Should've signed someone else 21 days ago.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:52 pm

TedLasso wrote:We could probably sign DCL and David for the same price as Vlahovic

You could sign Callum WIlson and Andy Carroll for the price of Erling Haaland
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:25 am

TedLasso wrote:We could probably sign DCL and David for the same price as Vlahovic
That would be auba's and laca's replacements sorted. Then sort the midfield in the summer.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 am

Can't believe people are talking about DCL... never had a 20 goal PL season and has only ever reached the heights of Everton.
Absolutely not good enough for a top 4 team.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am

jayramfootball wrote:Can't believe people are talking about DCL... never had a 20 goal PL season and has only ever reached the heights of Everton.
We need a number nine with decent hold up play. I'm not convinced David or Isaak offer that.

If we dont get Vlahovic I'd go for DCL and then one of David/Watkins as back up offering something different and able to cover the wing-forward postitions too so that they still get game time.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:59 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Can't believe people are talking about DCL... never had a 20 goal PL season and has only ever reached the heights of Everton.
We need a number nine with decent hold up play. I'm not convinced David or Isaak offer that.

If we dont get Vlahovic I'd go for DCL and then one of David/Watkins as back up offering something different and able to cover the wing-forward postitions too so that they still get game time.

Yes decent hold up play is vital, but we also need that player to be a goal scorer.

DCL has played more PL minutes than Laca and has far less goals... he scores every 230 minutes, which is not very good at all for a striker. Laca scores every 175 minutes. In terms of assists DCL has half of what Laca has (13 vs 26).

Are we really saying our starting striker is going to be a downgrade (a big one) on Laca and that is going to push us up to close the gap on the likes of City and Liverpool?

How much better is his hold up play that our midfielders and wide players are going to score more goals? They are already scoring quite a lot with Laca in the team. I think ESR, Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli have shared over 20 goals this season and we are only half way through... is DCL going to be so good at holding and bringing others into play that we're going to improve on that? I really have doubts that he is anything other than a second tier striker... his goal rate in the PL is the same as Nketiahs.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:44 pm

For those who wanted "official" news straight from the horses mouth.

Source - Fiorentina sporting director Joe Barone

“Some English clubs have made contact with Fiorentina, but there is no agreement,” he told La Nazione on Thursday.

“The English club want Vlahovic, but evidently he's got other ideas. We're ready to negotiate, but him and his agent won't talk.”

He added: “There have been zero openings from Vlahovic's agent. There has been zero communications [from Vlahovic's camp].

“I had asked for clarity [over the player's plans] and I had told his agent to be clear with us. But there's been no contact on that front.”

............. there you go, I think Fiorentina's sporting director qualifies as a direct source?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... c-26020067
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Our club is pure banter lol
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:51 pm

Not that any more confirmation is needed after the Sports Directors words but here it is from Fabrizio stating the same thing.

@3:10

This is no longer rumours, its 100% confirmed ...... we're after him .......... the player is stalling, he wants the big summer move for a top club after Haaland goes.

Not looking good unless its just the agent trying to screw us for money.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:57 pm

TedLasso wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Yes decent hold up play is vital, but we also need that player to be a goal scorer.

DCL has played more PL minutes than Laca and has far less goals... he scores every 230 minutes, which is not very good at all for a striker. Laca scores every 175 minutes. In terms of assists DCL has half of what Laca has (13 vs 26).

Are we really saying our starting striker is going to be a downgrade (a big one) on Laca and that is going to push us up to close the gap on the likes of City and Liverpool?

How much better is his hold up play that our midfielders and wide players are going to score more goals? They are already scoring quite a lot with Laca in the team. I think ESR, Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli have shared over 20 goals this season and we are only half way through... is DCL going to be so good at holding and bringing others into play that we're going to improve on that? I really have doubts that he is anything other than a second tier striker... his goal rate in the PL is the same as Nketiahs.

Over the last few seasons, Calvert-Lewin’s XG per 90 has been among the very best in the PL. When healthy, which is the primary issue, he could fill that Lacazette role very well. To me, thats a backup though. We’d still need to sign a star level striker like Vlahovic. But I think a combo of DCL and David could suffice for a bit.

His actual goal scoring per 90 record is poor, so if he has a high xG per 90 , his finishing is shit.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill