Dušan Vlahović

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Dušan Vlahović

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:18 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:If I'm being honest unless we're getting the green light from his agents, we should focus elsewhere.

He's not the only striker in the world, there are 3 other possibles out there if not more we could be making offers for.

I'd rather we get someone who actually wants to be here, I'd like this guy but not if he's not committed, it'll cause problems down the road.

His agent apparently wants a big commission, and that would be on top of an already large offer (£50m+) and probably £10m/yr in wages.

If he was that good, wouldn't we have seen him at Euro 2020? He's played 0 games for the Serbian NT

I just don't see how a 21yo on that kind of money and hype is going to do well in the PL. Serie A is a piece of piss, Giroud and Zlatan are still doing well over there.

We're getting Pepe'd.

I said I didn't mind us over paying to get what we need for a ST because its that important, but the guy has to want to come here first.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:If I'm being honest unless we're getting the green light from his agents, we should focus elsewhere.

He's not the only striker in the world, there are 3 other possibles out there if not more we could be making offers for.

I'd rather we get someone who actually wants to be here, I'd like this guy but not if he's not committed, it'll cause problems down the road.

His agent apparently wants a big commission, and that would be on top of an already large offer (£50m+) and probably £10m/yr in wages.

If he was that good, wouldn't we have seen him at Euro 2020? He's played 0 games for the Serbian NT

I just don't see how a 21yo on that kind of money and hype is going to do well in the PL. Serie A is a piece of piss, Giroud and Zlatan are still doing well over there.

Every Serbian player played 0 games at the Euros
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Ach wrote:

Every Serbian player played 0 games at the Euros

:lol:

The sentiment is right though. He sounds like he could be a worldy but he is only 21 and if he doesn't want to come to us then f**k him!

We need a striker now to get us in CL for next season. We can try again for this bloke in the summer as Laca and Auba will be off.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:47 pm

However, Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Fiorentina forward Dusan Vlahovic, 21, with the Serbia international claiming he only wants to join Juventus. (Mail)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 am

He's afraid that he will fail in the EPL - that's a poor mindset - pass
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:20 am

EliteKiller wrote:He's afraid that he will fail in the EPL - that's a poor mindset - pass

He’s afraid we won’t qualify for the CL. He’ll walk into a CL team in summer.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:19 am

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:He's afraid that he will fail in the EPL - that's a poor mindset - pass

NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 am

NovaGB wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Same as being afraid of not being able to do it in the PL.
If he thinks the current team plus him could not get top 4, when we’re already on the cusp of it, then he doesn’t rate his chances of having an impact.
He’s very young. Maybe doesn’t feel he is ready. It’s a big step up.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Reiss wrote:I think it's more the fact that he knows big clubs need a striker so if he holds out then he'll be the next big name target after Haaland gets snapped up.

If you have the chance to dine in Mayfair why dine in Kingston?

He’s dining at the best restaurant in the world if he comes to Arsenal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:47 pm

The club have also set aside around £8m in agent fees to sweeten the move, while the offer of a £300,000 per week salary meets Vlahovic's expectations.

However, there is said to be a significant issue in play that could prevent Arsenal from rubber-stamping the proposed switch.

Vlahovic is determined to join a club that is regularly in the Champions League, suggesting that he could decide to snub Arsenal and hold out until the summer in order to entertain future offers from elsewhere.

Thats Us Fecked then.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Nuggets wrote:The club have also set aside around £8m in agent fees to sweeten the move, while the offer of a £300,000 per week salary meets Vlahovic's expectations.

However, there is said to be a significant issue in play that could prevent Arsenal from rubber-stamping the proposed switch.

Vlahovic is determined to join a club that is regularly in the Champions League, suggesting that he could decide to snub Arsenal and hold out until the summer in order to entertain future offers from elsewhere.

Thats Us Fecked then.

Agents are leeches. How much money do they need?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:28 pm

He may even be considering sitting out his contract for a huge signing bonus.

I agree with the others though - him not wanting to come (supposedly) makes me feel we should look elsewhere. His agents are also likely to be a pain in the arse in a few years time when it comes to renewing him / bigger clubs fishing.

He's done nothing yet. So many hyped players fail to make an impact in the Prem - especially Serie A ones. I just hope we have alternatives in mind.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StockGooner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:The club have also set aside around £8m in agent fees to sweeten the move, while the offer of a £300,000 per week salary meets Vlahovic's expectations.

Thats Us Fecked then.

Instead of looking at a two year interval World Cup why don't FIFA or the other governing bodies look to cap agents fees. if players want to pay agents, then fine, but that is on them
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 pm

Tancredi on talksport saying Arsenal bid of 66m been accepted. Will rise to 80m+

Fior more than happy to let him go now.

It's all down to him and he's waiting for juve this summer
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:07 pm

StockGooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Thats Us Fecked then.

Instead of looking at a two year interval World Cup why don't FIFA or the other governing bodies look to cap agents fees. if players want to pay agents, then fine, but that is on them

Because they love money, the more the better, so they won't stop anyone else getting it or they will look bad when they have their fingers in every pie.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill