Lautaro Martínez

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Lautaro Martínez

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:35 pm

We were a CL club back then.

Not an Artetaesque midtable club
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:19 pm

https://theathletic.com/2741656/2021/07 ... -martinez/

It is thought Lautaro would be interested in a move to Arsenal if Inter want to sell him.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:07 am

KG3 wrote:If we pull this off and sell Lacazette, how will the front three/two lineup?

I haven’t seen much of him but from what I understand he usually in a two with Lukaku, is Martinez capable of playing as a lone centre forward?, can he hold up the ball like Lacazetter and bring others into the game?, can he alternate with Aubameyang on the wing?

When you consider the fact his contract runs out in 2023, inter Milan want Bellerin and the current market with 99% of clubs being broke, I feel like 35M and Bellerin going the other way would be a fair offer

£50m + Bellerín might be more in line with Inter's valuation.

Lautaro mostly plays off Lukaku for Inter. He's more than capable of leading the line. Argentine strikers over the past decade, namely Aguero and Tevez, both evolved as second strikers. He benched Aguero in the Copa America and worked amazingly well with Messi, which has proven to be a challenge for even Aguero and Tevez.

He's still raw. And, he isn't as clinical as Aubameyang was until 19/20. But he's an excellent passer, has immense work-rate, is a good dribbler, and scores as well as creates for others. To simplify it, we'd be getting a CF version of Alexis.

The cons would be his tendency to go missing at times. He can also miss sitters. He's not as prolific as someone like Suarez was in his prime, but then again, he's only 23. Still has loads of time to grow.

In addition, he can run into spaces, create scoring opportunities for himself or his team-mates; has relentless energy, and is arguably the best forward when it comes to defending from the front. That's something Arteta wants, I believe.

What I like most about him is his ability to provide assists and score goals. It's very Alexis-esque. That said, he's not world class yet. The potential is there but he's not at Alexis' level when we bought the latter in 2014.

If there's a chance that we can snatch him for £70m or so, we should absolutely go ahead. Great center forwards are becoming a rarity these days. This would be a critical signing. His numbers are more or less similar to Aguero's numbers before the latter joined Man City albeit Aguero played longer for Atleti, and of course, Aguero was already world class when he moved (to City).

Even Cavani misses loads of chances but there's nobody who has as good off-the-ball movement as Cavani does. Lautaro isn't at that level yet. His incredible passing—for a forward—and grit could make him one of the best in the game in a few years' time.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:45 am

Why would he come to a club in our situation?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:48 am

swipe right wrote:Why would he come to a club in our situation?

Why did Robinho and co join City years ago?
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:00 am

It feels like this is the press winding us up.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:20 am

NovaGB wrote:

Money
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:05 pm

swipe right wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Money

Exactly, we are throwing it about and Inter are skint.

But in other news i just read (not a cast iron source) that Inter rejected a opening bid and he does not want the move, so thats that one settled.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 pm

That's my question too.

However, I've read that he's earning €50-80k a week. It's a wide range. I have no idea what the exact figure is, nor am I sure if people are talking about net or gross figures.

I still have my doubts whether he'd want to join Arsenal. It looks too outlandish right now, especially as Atleti are also interested.

That said, as Nova implied, if we bump his salary to £200k a week, that would be difficult to turn down. He's only 23. His agent is surely thinking that in 2-3 years' time, when Barca have the money to spend, they'd come for him. If not Barca, it could be any heavyweight like City, Real, PSG, etc.

We are capable of outmuscling Atlético financially. The successes of fellow Argentines like Tevez, Masch, Aguero, Otamendi, and now Emi Martínez in the Premier League would work as a positive for us. If we can pay up, why not?

Inter need the money. Lautaro would love a pay-rise. Plus, it's not a lifelong saga for him. In 2-3 years, he could easily demand a move if external parties are interested.

Yeah.

That's just me trying to rationalize why he could potentially join Arsenal. Doesn't mean he will, nor does it mean that it's tenable.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:52 pm

Atletico Madrid have moved ahead of Arsenal in the race to sign Inter Milan's 23-year-old Argentina striker Lautaro Martinez, who is valued at around 90m euros (£76.8m). (Tuttosport - in Italian)

That's that then.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Ach wrote:
Atletico Madrid have moved ahead of Arsenal in the race to sign Inter Milan's 23-year-old Argentina striker Lautaro Martinez, who is valued at around 90m euros (£76.8m). (Tuttosport - in Italian)

That's that then.
Also means they probably won't want Laca
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:09 pm

Good, works out for all parties :cloud9:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:13 pm

How the hell can Athletico Madrid afford that sort of money?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby NovaGB » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:How the hell can Athletico Madrid afford that sort of money?

Agent talk i reckon to drum up more business, us and the spuds seem to be in the best position for him at the mo if they sell the window licker.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby yadunoe » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 am

Ya don't see him going to athletico Spanish clubs are broke like the Italians
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill