Lautaro Martínez

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Lautaro Martínez

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 am

Bellerin plus 60m euros could do it, if he would even consider us because we are a step down at the moment, because they are in financial trouble and standing firm Lukaku is going nowhere.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:50 am

Cancel the White and Abraham deals and put the 90m towards this guy!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 am

Tony Adams wrote:Cancel the White and Abraham deals and put the 90m towards this guy!

I dont think we would need to cancel White mate

Imagine though anyway, i know its fantasy but a front 4 of this next season

Martinez
Martinelli Odegaard Saka

all around 23 and younger, that would be some Dortmund kind of stuff there.

It would be a shock luxury signing but no more shocking than when we bought ozil, Aubameyang etc (obviously we were in a better position at those times), i heard from everyone 'no way Ozil would join Arsenal' 'no way would Aubameyang join Arsenal'

I think theres a outside chance we could get him in a deal involving Bellerin.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 am

NovaGB wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:Cancel the White and Abraham deals and put the 90m towards this guy!

Martinez
Martinelli Odegaard Saka

It would be a shock luxury signing but no more shocking than when we bought ozil, Aubameyang etc (obviously we were in a better position at those times), i heard from everyone 'no way Ozil would join Arsenal' 'no way would Aubameyang join Arsenal'

ESR > Odegaard imo but yeah, with Auba and pepe also thrown in the mix it would be awesome!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:28 am

Tony Adams wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Martinez
Martinelli Odegaard Saka

ESR > Odegaard imo but yeah, with Auba and pepe also thrown in the mix it would be awesome!

Yeah true and it could even be

ESR Odegaard Saka

Pepe just started to take off at the end of the season also!
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:39 am

Martinez
Auba/Pepe/Marty--Smith Rowe--Saka
???/Lokonga--Partey
Tierney--Gabriel/Mari--White--???
???
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:19 pm

aniym wrote:Arteta is hand-picking his targets, there is no way he could handle a volatile player like Martinez. He couldn't even manage Guendouzi, whereas Martinez and his wife are 100x more troublesome.

Would make the Amazon doc a must-watch though.

I got his name confused with Mauro Icardi, who moved from Inter to PSG last year. Disregard earlier comment.

Still feels like a desperate shot in the dark, like Locatelli.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:24 pm

Stop it.

The guy doesn't even want to come here lol.

This is a worse rumour than the Bissouma one, can't believe we didn't go for him, a player who's clearly effective and would benefit the team, can't be having that can we?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:37 pm

Arsenal are offering Spanish right-back Hector Bellerin, 26, in part-exchange for Inter Milan's Argentina striker Lautaro Martinez, 23. (Football Insider)

:rofll:
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:06 am

The Athletic

Arsenal looking into move for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez

Arsenal are exploring the opportunity to sign Lautaro Martinez — with Inter continuing to adjust to a more sustainable financial model over this window.

A move has previously been considered unrealistic but The Athletic understands Arsenal have long held Lautaro in high regard. With the north London club and Inter Milan in contact about a prospective deal for Hector Bellerin, sources indicate that Arsenal have enquired about Lautaro’s availability.

It is thought Lautaro would be interested in a move to Arsenal if Inter want to sell him. Sources state Tottenham have also been mentioned in relation to Lautaro but only as a contingency option if Harry Kane leaves.

An Arsenal move for Lautaro may be reliant on the departure of Alexandre Lacazette. It is believed his name has been mentioned to Inter but they are thought to only want cash.

An exit from Inter would level up Lautaro’s salary. He is believed to earn around €2.5 million per annum net in wages while Romelu Lukaku, Christian Eriksen and Alexis Sanchez all make more than double that. As a Scudetto and Copa America winner, his salary was up for review, particularly with Barcelona expressing firm interest 18 months ago.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby KG3 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:44 am

Zenith wrote:The Athletic

Arsenal are exploring the opportunity to sign Lautaro Martinez — with Inter continuing to adjust to a more sustainable financial model over this window.

A move has previously been considered unrealistic but The Athletic understands Arsenal have long held Lautaro in high regard. With the north London club and Inter Milan in contact about a prospective deal for Hector Bellerin, sources indicate that Arsenal have enquired about Lautaro’s availability.

It is thought Lautaro would be interested in a move to Arsenal if Inter want to sell him. Sources state Tottenham have also been mentioned in relation to Lautaro but only as a contingency option if Harry Kane leaves.

An Arsenal move for Lautaro may be reliant on the departure of Alexandre Lacazette. It is believed his name has been mentioned to Inter but they are thought to only want cash.

An exit from Inter would level up Lautaro’s salary. He is believed to earn around €2.5 million per annum net in wages while Romelu Lukaku, Christian Eriksen and Alexis Sanchez all make more than double that. As a Scudetto and Copa America winner, his salary was up for review, particularly with Barcelona expressing firm interest 18 months ago.

If we pull this off and sell Lacazette, how will the front three/two lineup?

I haven’t seen much of him but from what I understand he usually in a two with Lukaku, is Martinez capable of playing as a lone centre forward?, can he hold up the ball like Lacazetter and bring others into the game?, can he alternate with Aubameyang on the wing?

When you consider the fact his contract runs out in 2023, inter Milan want Bellerin and the current market with 99% of clubs being broke, I feel like 35M and Bellerin going the other way would be a fair offer
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:38 am

He'd be for us what Auero was for City
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:46 am

KG3 wrote:
Zenith wrote:The Athletic

If we pull this off and sell Lacazette, how will the front three/two lineup?

I haven’t seen much of him but from what I understand he usually in a two with Lukaku, is Martinez capable of playing as a lone centre forward?, can he hold up the ball like Lacazetter and bring others into the game?, can he alternate with Aubameyang on the wing?

When you consider the fact his contract runs out in 2023, inter Milan want Bellerin and the current market with 99% of clubs being broke, I feel like 35M and Bellerin going the other way would be a fair offer

Lol try 50-60 + Laca and bellerin going other way
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Jedi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:56 am

There's no way...
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:30 pm

Jedi wrote:There's no way...
I said that to the mrs and she reminded me I said the same about ozil and about alexis.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill