Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Ben White

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Goonerred wrote:It seems a lot of money for him, I haven't seen him play much though.
Same
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Santi wrote:Saliba might not be but he can still be used even if we sign Ben white, there’s no guarantee Saliba will do well here though.

Mavropanos seems to be getting hugely overrated now and I’m not sure why. He had 1 good game here before getting a red card in that game, Wenger Emery and Arteta all deemed him not good enough so at best he’d be a backup...which we don’t need more of.

Mavropanos has been getting huge praise in Germany. If we sell him, at least 20m should be gotten considering plastics are selling tomori for 30m.
I don't get saliba, he's clearly good enough for ligue 1 and people don't think he'll do well here despite the guy never kicking a ball for us. I don't buy it, arteta just seems like he has his favourites and everyone else is not worth his time regardless of how good they may be.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Santi wrote:Once again having lots of cbs doesn’t = quality.

At this point, Gabriel is hardly even good enough to be a starter for a team so desperate to get into the top 4. As I said, Ben White would be a big upgrade so I really don’t care what crap we have already filling the backup spots, White would take Luiz’s spot.

Assuming we have a limited budget as usual, are you happy for us to spend the big money on White and go cheap in midfield/attack?

Because for me personally after watching us struggle to get into the box most games, I’d rather spend more money improving our attacking front.

Not saying it’s all down to our poor players as some of it is just Artetas crappy tactics, Allerdyce could probably get us player better football with the same resources
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Alexis » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:30 pm

As for this guy, I don't know what the f**k we are doing chucking 50m here considering our midfield party aside is garbage
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:34 pm

KG3 wrote:
Santi wrote:
KG3 wrote:What’s this nonsense, what are wasting money on more centre backs we already have too many Saliba, Gabriel, Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos, Mari

We invested a decent amount into Saliba and Gabriel so let’s develop those two, bring in a cheap experienced centre back to replace luiz.

Then sell at least two of Chambers, Holding Mavropanos to raise funds

It’s time we start doing things the Arsenal way and develop our own players, we spend all this money on this white guy and he ends up like another version of Chambers/Holding we are just setting ourselves back a few years again

Too many doesnt = quality.

Tbh all our centre backs bar Gabriel are trash and this would be a huge upgrade. We lost your boy Luiz and need a solid RCB so I have no problem with the deal.

Do think a CM is higher priority but happy if we get this done.

Paddy wrote:saliba and mavropanos are not trash, the manager just doesnt like them.

thats on him.

What paddy said

Also to add Chambers is actually a good backup center back and versatile + HG, deffo worth keeping

people are using one game 3 years ago where mavropanos got a red card to say hes not good enough even though he was one of the best defenders in bundesliga just last season

the level of thickness on this forum never ceases to amaze lmao.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:29 pm

KG3 wrote:
Santi wrote:Once again having lots of cbs doesn’t = quality.

At this point, Gabriel is hardly even good enough to be a starter for a team so desperate to get into the top 4. As I said, Ben White would be a big upgrade so I really don’t care what crap we have already filling the backup spots, White would take Luiz’s spot.

Assuming we have a limited budget as usual, are you happy for us to spend the big money on White and go cheap in midfield/attack?

Because for me personally after watching us struggle to get into the box most games, I’d rather spend more money improving our attacking front.

Not saying it’s all down to our poor players as some of it is just Artetas crappy tactics, Allerdyce could probably get us player better football with the same resources

I know nothing about our budget but I would expect that if we are signing a CB for 40m then we are confident of funding this from sales and using our existing budget to pursue decent attacking options.

There are at least a few who have been rumoured; Bissouma 35m, Aouar 25m and even Neves 40m (not that I want him) to suggest we still have money for a decent midfield option. If we spend a total of 80m on a CB and CM and do nothing else I'll be quite happy tbh. Only leaves us short a backup/rotation option for ESR.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Just to add, I mean ideally i'd sell all of the following and bring in replacements as well but it's just not realistic to happen in 1 window.

Bellerin
Auba
Leno
AMN
Willock
Torreira
Pepe
Holding
Kolasinac

So if we go big on two key positions and ship a bit of the shit (Xhaka, Guendo, Mavro, Willian from the sounds of it) then I'd about as happy as I can realistically get with an Arsenal window.

Don't forget having a balanced team can also aid creativity. If we have a more solid defender and don't have to compensate as much by being negative, combined with an improvement in midfield on moving the ball then I think the creativity can still improve without some new wonder attacker. Martinelli should get more game time as well and hopefully Auba can't be as shit as this season, likely he'll replace Laca up top and the latter will be our backup for his final year.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:38 pm

For 40m+ I'd expect better than Ben White
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:43 pm

We are gonna play three at the back then if we get him.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Tony Adams wrote:For 40m+ I'd expect better than Ben White

Why would better players want to sign for us? We're 8th in the table; at best, we could compete for EFL or FA cup. The manager is a robot running an outdated, unsupported version of GuardiolaOS.

Nobody else is even bidding for him, but Brighton know we're idiots and will come back with another offer.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:We are gonna play three at the back then if we get him.

It's possible if we can't find a playmaker. Only need two CM's for a 3-4-3. But it puts us back at square one in terms of creativity unless he adjusts the shape to a 3-4-2-1 or 3-5-2.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 pm

I don't know him that well, but has his price tag come with a Euros inclusion. Is he really worth it?
Last edited by Goonerred on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:27 pm

We could probably get Pau Torres for the same price.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:36 pm

What would skriniar cost?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 pm

aniym wrote:

Why would better players want to sign for us? We're 8th in the table; at best, we could compete for EFL or FA cup. The manager is a robot running an outdated, unsupported version of GuardiolaOS.

Nobody else is even bidding for him, but Brighton know we're idiots and will come back with another offer.

We signed Bergkamp & platt when we finished 12th
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk