Available Managers

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Available Managers

Postby Santi » Sun May 09, 2021 3:20 pm

KG3 wrote:
Paddy wrote:
Ach wrote:They are competing for Europe. A season after fighting relegation.

Down to Ancelotti. But you keep to your Arteta can do no wrong WUM tactics. It's intriguing and I'm curious to see where you go with this. You've already been proven wrong but knowing you, you'll keep digging.

Continue.

Exactly, our squad is easily good enough to push for top 6 or more but we are struggling for top 10 this year.

Are you telling me players like Aubameyang, Martinelli, Pepe, Bellerin, Partey, Willian (one of Chelsea’s best last season) suddenly become crap overnight?

The manager, tactics and coaching have to be questioned, one or two players declining is normal but when it’s the majority of the squad, then something is clearly wrong.

Look at Liverpool before klopp came in Henderson, Firminho and Milner were considered crap now they’re some of the most important players in that team.

Willian was shit at Chelsea and all their fans were laughing at us taking him. He scored a few goals last season (freekicks) but he has the Walcott 1 good game in 10 syndrome...all we’ve done is make it 0 in 10.

This squad is barely top 6. City United chelsea leicester liverpool and spurs are all certainly better, Everton I think are slightly too. West Ham are not, but they are just having a good season when others are falling apart...plus Moyes is underrated.

Squad being shit doesn’t mean Mikel isn’t also doing a bad job, why this forum has to have retarded binary opinions where everything is mutually exclusive is beyond me.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm

The thing that gets me most about Willian is the wages he's on. At his age and the fact the Chelsea were only prepared to give him a year or was it two? I bet he coudn't believe his luck when we offered him those wages.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Sun May 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Goonerred wrote:The thing that gets me most about Willian is the wages he's on. At his age and the fact the Chelsea were only prepared to give him a year or was it two? I bet he coudn't believe his luck when we offered him those wages.

Yep, think they offered him two but he wanted 3. I thought ya giving him 3 meant the wages would be lower and it would just guarantee him a little bit more overall but it seems we paid max price for max time :dontknow:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon May 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
Godlop wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:I don't want another 'footballing' manager. I want a drill the defence, long ball, old fashioned George Graham type.

Why do you want to watch shit football? You can play good football and still win games.

Cos possession football is more boring to watch than the long ball game. Cos I want to win at all costs like we used to. Watch the 90/91 highlights. We were drilled, we played long balls, but the football was far from shit.

Hear hear
We played fantastic football in 88/89
And 91/92 as well
George became a little more pragmatic after the Benfica defeat
Give me a pragmatist over an idealist anyday
Idealists are Fantastic as filmmakers and artists
But as a football manager I want a winner
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby KG3 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:13 pm

At this point its either take a gamble on Potter, which will be similar to when Liverpool took on Rodgers, the other option is play it safe with an Allegri/Benitez type.

All the actual elites have clubs, we won’t spend the money needed to pay their contract off even if they wanted to come
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Paddy » Wed May 12, 2021 1:57 pm

no to potter

brighton have only won 8 league games this season
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby KG3 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Paddy wrote:no to potter

They don’t exactly have the best resources what do you expect lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed May 12, 2021 7:25 pm

KG3 wrote:

Neither do West Ham and they're almost confirmed for EL group stage. If Potter was as good as he's touted to be, he would have been picked up by any of the 10 clubs above them in the table.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Wed May 12, 2021 8:20 pm

KG3 wrote:At this point its either take a gamble on Potter, which will be similar to when Liverpool took on Rodgers, the other option is play it safe with an Allegri/Benitez type.

All the actual elites have clubs, we won’t spend the money needed to pay their contract off even if they wanted to come

Allegri is likely headed back to Juve. If not, it's a no-brainer. He'd take the job. I doubt he'd want to remain jobless for another season.

Available ones are Benitez and Sarri.

Or, we could sell Marcelo Gallardo the dream. :cloud9:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KG3 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:16 am

aniym wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Neither do West Ham and they're almost confirmed for EL group stage. If Potter was as good as he's touted to be, he would have been picked up by any of the 10 clubs above them in the table.

Not really the same though as West Ham have more funds their highest transfer fee is 45M Haller whereas the most Brighton have managed is 20M for Maupay, West Ham’s 8th highest transfer fee is 20M for Bowden.

Theirs a major gap between these two clubs in terms of wealth so you can’t really say potter is underachieving, don’t forget Brighton where in the championship not long ago.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun May 16, 2021 10:30 am

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has told his squad that he will leave at the end of this season. (Goal)

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti and former Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri are among those being considered to replace Zidane if he leaves the club. (Sunday Mirror)

Sack Arteta now
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Sun May 16, 2021 4:40 pm

We need Manager that has no Experience in the EPL.A manager that can bring something new to the league.If we get Potter we're gonna get a better Arteta ,but only slightly.I do not think any top manager would want to join our club.We could have gotten Allegri if we offered him the right contract at the end of Wenger's era , but now i really doubt it.I'm fairly sure we're keeping Arteta ,because the owners don't want to lose money on that contract basically. To this day i cannot believe they allowed that Raul Sanlehi or whatever his name is the power to purchase players and stuff. He single handedly ruined Arsenal for years to come in the transfer market.We owe so much money in transfer fees that we cannot think of spending 100m over the ones we can sell, and we cannot sell very much thanks to Arteta's management.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BexleyGooner » Mon May 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Potter is another Eddie Howe. I remember when people were calling for him to be our manager. I was dead set against it as he hadn’t proved himself long term in the premier league. Lo and behold, it all comes crashing down, they get relegated and he leaves. If we hired Potter, I doubt he’d last 18 months.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Paddy » Mon May 17, 2021 2:13 pm

brighton have won 8 league games all season

no thanks
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sun May 23, 2021 10:54 pm