Dayot Upamecano

Heard any rumours?
Then post them in here and get the opinions of the other members on them.

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Arsenal have also got Reims' Axel Disasi, 22, in their sights with his fellow French defender Dayot Upamecano, 21, likely to be too expensive to buy from RB Leipzig. (Goal, via Express)


That lasted long
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Özim » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:09 am

This was a pipe dream signing all day long given we have no money, have been told not to expect big transfers and are apparently focussed on swaps and free transfers.
Özim
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1573
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:52 am

Every time I've watched him (albeit 3 times) he's looked clumsy and brittle.

Is he really that good ?
Image
User avatar
alexafc12
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8788
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Jase89 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm

UPAMECANO EXTENDS RB LEIPZIG DEAL

Dayot Upamecano has extended his contract with RB Leipzig until 2023.

The 21-year-old defender has played 111times for RB Leipzig, and had most recently been linked with a move to Arsenal.
User avatar
Jase89
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Özim » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 pm

As I said before this was a pipedream signing, he would cost too much, would have his pick of teams and there's nothing we can offer him, he's hardly going to be convinced by some unknown manager to him either.
Özim
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1573
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby themessiah » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:54 pm

Jase89 wrote:UPAMECANO EXTENDS RB LEIPZIG DEAL

Dayot Upamecano has extended his contract with RB Leipzig until 2023.

The 21-year-old defender has played 111times for RB Leipzig, and had most recently been linked with a move to Arsenal.



Was always a pipe dream tbf

Why aren’t we going for Malang Sarr? Free agent :sneaky: :sneaky2: ;) .
themessiah
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Swear we already talked about this days ago they did exactly the same with Werner then sold him. It's just a money securing contract for both of them.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 35228
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Tony Adams » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:20 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36269
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 pm

Werner signed a new RB Leipzig contract in August 2019, agreeing a new deal until the end of the 2022-23 season. However, the Germany forward is not expected to see out the full duration of his RB Leipzig contract due to his €60 million release clause.


Exactly same just 1 year ago.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 35228
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Tony Adams » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Santi wrote:Werner signed a new RB Leipzig contract in August 2019, agreeing a new deal until the end of the 2022-23 season. However, the Germany forward is not expected to see out the full duration of his RB Leipzig contract due to his €60 million release clause.


Exactly same just 1 year ago.
Next summer then? :rolleyes:

Last summer it was wait til january, then wait til the summer, now its wait til next summer.

I think they're banking on Saliba and Mari next season with Luiz covering til Mari is fit.

We ain't signing a CB.
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36269
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:47 pm

whats your point? there was nothing to suggest we wouldve signed upamecano this summer with or without his new contract. All I'm saying t it makes no difference, just RBL get a bigger fee.

We also hae more than enough CB's right now theyre just not good enough.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 35228
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Tony Adams » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:49 pm

Santi wrote:whats your point? there was nothing to suggest we wouldve signed upamecano this summer with or without his new contract. All I'm saying t it makes no difference, just RBL get a bigger fee.

We also hae more than enough CB's right now theyre just not good enough.
Can't argue with any of that tbh
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36269
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 am

Santi wrote:whats your point? there was nothing to suggest we wouldve signed upamecano this summer with or without his new contract. All I'm saying t it makes no difference, just RBL get a bigger fee.

We also hae more than enough CB's right now theyre just not good enough.

7 on our books apparently
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8824
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Gooner_LK6 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am

He will have a £45m release clause next summer, which is way too good to not have a go at, even if bigger clubs will come in. I dont think we are gonna spend heavy in this area this summer, so its worth a pop.
User avatar
Gooner_LK6
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:24 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Dayot Upamecano

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:05 am

Santi wrote:Swear we already talked about this days ago they did exactly the same with Werner then sold him. It's just a money securing contract for both of them.

I think Werner signed his new deal last summer.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34924
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 1 guest