Available Managers

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Available Managers

Postby Holdini » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Ach wrote:
aniym wrote:
VCC wrote:
aniym wrote:Yeah, Enrique was a much more realistic Raul candidate than Mou. Still, Chelsea wanted him both last summer and this year, and he said no. Doubt if he'd be willing to come for EL football.

How is his English?

Concerns about his English are overblown. Pochettino's was far worse for the first couple of years and he got the job done as far as meeting Spurs expectations. He gave his pressers in 100% Spanish for years.

Emery is getting mocked by Twitter dipshits because he is actually trying to speak the local language.

Most of the team are not native English speakers. Are Auba and Laca struggling because Emery's French is bad?

This

He's actually making an effort to speak English and he's being criticised for it by c*** fans? It's pathetic. They're the ones we need to get rid of and not emery. No wonder people stick to their native tongue when they move here.

BUILD THE WALL!
BUILD THE WALL!
BUILD THE WALL!
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:07 pm

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 pm

aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Why is it the fan base keeps talking about foreign managers?

Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Sean Dyche, Brendan Rodgers - all from the Uk and all better than Emery. Play more attractive football and achieve far more with what they have. They've all put in the years and I'd be delighted with any one of them as the next manager.

I want a manager from the UK.

Because these managers have no experience competing in anything but the league and maybe a cup every once in a while. And they never come close to winning either.

A team like Arsenal will be involved in at least 3 competitions throughout the season. Almost every player is an NT member so their absences need to be accounted for as well.

That involves squad rotation, match rescheduling and a ton of travel related hassle. The worst Eddie Howe has ever put up with is maybe having to sit in a bus for 8 hours traveling to Swansea or something.

Aside from Roy Hodgson in 2010, no other currently active UK manager has ever even been in a European cup final.

That's because we've fallen into the stupid notion in this country that foreign managers are better. They get the big jobs.
Alex Ferguson was better than all of them put together.

I want a UK manager. Fed up of over rated deadwood from abroad taking the top jobs in this country.
Put any of them in charge of Bournmouth and see if they do better than Howe. I doubt very much they would.
Emery certainly would not. Not only is he a shite manager, he can't string a sentence together.

Same goes for players - 3 foreigners per squad should be the cap.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 pm

Lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby elkanofan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 am

Nuggets wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Giovanni van Bronckhorst!!!

Now thats a blast from the past. :biggrin:

He won the League and two cups with his beloved Feyenoord.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_van_Bronckhorst
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 am

Chris Wilder, or Brendan Rodgers could they do any worse?
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Pep will be available soon
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Ach wrote:Pep will be available soon

We don’t have the money for Pep’s spending. We did however have a shot at Klopp but decided to hang onto Wenger. That cost us dearly.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Yup. Ridiculous from the board
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:48 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Giovanni van Bronckhorst!!!

Now thats a blast from the past. :biggrin:

He won the League and two cups with his beloved Feyenoord.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_van_Bronckhorst

He's not ready imo.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Why is it the fan base keeps talking about foreign managers?

Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Sean Dyche, Brendan Rodgers - all from the Uk and all better than Emery. Play more attractive football and achieve far more with what they have. They've all put in the years and I'd be delighted with any one of them as the next manager.

Because these managers have no experience competing in anything but the league and maybe a cup every once in a while. And they never come close to winning either.

A team like Arsenal will be involved in at least 3 competitions throughout the season. Almost every player is an NT member so their absences need to be accounted for as well.

That involves squad rotation, match rescheduling and a ton of travel related hassle. The worst Eddie Howe has ever put up with is maybe having to sit in a bus for 8 hours traveling to Swansea or something.

Aside from Roy Hodgson in 2010, no other currently active UK manager has ever even been in a European cup final.

That's because we've fallen into the stupid notion in this country that foreign managers are better. They get the big jobs.

I want a UK manager. Fed up of over rated deadwood from abroad taking the top jobs in this country.
Put any of them in charge of Bournmouth and see if they do better than Howe. I doubt very much they would.
Emery certainly would not. Not only is he a shite manager, he can't string a sentence together.

ferguson is foreign as far as the english premier league is concerned

Nuggets wrote:Chris Wilder, or Brendan Rodgers could they do any worse?

brenda already had a shot at the bindippers and everyone thought he was decent until he got sacked by which point it was easy to tell that it was all on suarez that season.

hes also an unloyal c***, will drop the team mid season without blinking an eye if a better team comes like he did with celtic.

imagine him coaching us and come march we are well placed for league and are deep in CL and barca come calling, the dwarf would be taking barca training session very next day without even saying his good byes
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:

i dont think ive ever seen someone want to destroy english football more
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:

British managers have to earn their way to a top job and not screw up when they get the opportunity. Managers like Hughes and Bruce keep getting jobs despite being terrible. Moyes screwed up at Utd. Hodgson and Dagliesh were no good at Liverpool. Remember Tim Sherwood?

It would actually help if more British managers went overseas to gain more experience. Take a risk if you can't get the recognition in the Prem. Everyone else seems to do it except British coaches.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:

British managers have to earn their way to a top job and not screw up when they get the opportunity. Managers like Hughes and Bruce keep getting jobs despite being terrible. Moyes screwed up at Utd. Hodgson and Dagliesh were no good at Liverpool. Remember Tim Sherwood?

It would actually help if more British managers went overseas to gain more experience. Take a risk if you can't get the recognition in the Prem. Everyone else seems to do it except British coaches.

There are far more foreign managers that have screwed up at big clubs in this country.
Why should British managers have to go overseas? Foreign managers come here into the top jobs without having achieved anything in British football - and often from clubs that are not even top clubs.
The fascination with foreign managers is nonsensical.
You're agrument above is pants. Eddie Howe has done a great job at Bournmouth. Why should he be behind the likes of Emery, whose only achievement is winning the Europey League and managing a team in France who had no competition? He's proven to be clueless in the PL.

We need to rid our game of foreign influence - the odd player here and there, sure. If they are truly world class. Other than that - British please.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Sims wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
aniym wrote:

i dont think ive ever seen someone want to destroy english football more

Yeah - like it's so healthy with hardly any Brits getting a chance at the top clubs, players or managers.
The game in this country is a joke right now. Overpaid average footballers with zero affiliation to the clubs they are playing for or the fans.
Just look at the types of players who get huge contracts - Fred at Utd.. £60m + and hundreds of grand per week??? Pepe, £73m!??? The league is rife with these players sucking the life out of our game.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill