Martin Ødegaard (8)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Martin Ødegaard

Postby Sims » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:49 pm

The problem is that he's playing for the Castilla when he has to train with the first team

It makes little to no sense
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Gunpowder » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't what he was expecting. I would have given him some time with first time but it's Real Madrid.

I would have moved to Ajax, Arsenal, or some Portuguese or German team.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:12 pm

He's an idiot being badly advised by idiots.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Let see if hes patient he can be a top player but if not then he could move
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Walcott14 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:28 pm

He should came to us.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:02 pm

elkanofan wrote:This guy is an example of the media being so desperate for another true superstar to emerge combined with Norways desperation for any good footballer to emerge because since Carew/Pedersen (who kinda flopped at Blackburn to be fair) Literally nobody has emerged at all!

Even my Jamaica would probably beat Norway they are that bad and devoid of quality.

This had me in stitches though.

http://twitter.com/nicojc5/status/55260 ... 25/photo/1

Martin Ødegaard career path layed out
:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

This is where I feel sorry for the kid. Modern football with its academy system leaves little room for true mavericks to come through, there is too much creative energy missing from the game, something which will be driven out of him at Madrid.

He should at the very least have a solid career.

The only Norwegian player ever to make 1st team appearances for arsenal was pal lyderson
He played 16 games in the 91/92 92/93 seasons the last being the 3-1 home defeat to spurs 4 days before the Sheffield Wednesday fa cup final when we fielded 8 reserves
It was the last time spurs won at highbury
Lyderson who along with Jensen were the players that saw george graham found guilty of accepting bungs( the one and only person ever found guilty of this offence which I'm sure nobody had done before or has done since?)
Lyderson played in a reserve game at qpr on st Patricks day 1992 which the daily mirror labeled as a day of shame under a broken arsenal crest
Not often a reserve game fills up the whole back page but it was after david o'leary was sent off for the offence of suggesting the ref had lost control of the game and needed to calm down
He sent off 4 players that day including 1 from qpr ray parlour and arsenal goalkeeper Jim will
Which meant lyderson went in goal for the last 2 mins
Not a lot of people know that :arsesmile:
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby swipe right » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:36 pm

He’ll be on the selling block in summer with one year to go on his Real contract. We should replace Ozil with him. Quality young player.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:42 pm

starmandb wrote:
elkanofan wrote:This guy is an example of the media being so desperate for another true superstar to emerge combined with Norways desperation for any good footballer to emerge because since Carew/Pedersen (who kinda flopped at Blackburn to be fair) Literally nobody has emerged at all!

Even my Jamaica would probably beat Norway they are that bad and devoid of quality.

This is where I feel sorry for the kid. Modern football with its academy system leaves little room for true mavericks to come through, there is too much creative energy missing from the game, something which will be driven out of him at Madrid.

The only Norwegian player ever to make 1st team appearances for arsenal was pal lyderson
He played 16 games in the 91/92 92/93 seasons the last being the 3-1 home defeat to spurs 4 days before the Sheffield Wednesday fa cup final when we fielded 8 reserves
Lyderson who along with Jensen were the players that saw george graham found guilty of accepting bungs( the one and only person ever found guilty of this offence which I'm sure nobody had done before or has done since?)
Lyderson played in a reserve game at qpr on st Patricks day 1992 which the daily mirror labeled as a day of shame under a broken arsenal crest
Not often a reserve game fills up the whole back page but it was after david o'leary was sent off for the offence of suggesting the ref had lost control of the game and needed to calm down
He sent off 4 players that day including 1 from qpr ray parlour and arsenal goalkeeper Jim will

Didn't Nordveit play in the League Cup? pretty sure he did
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:24 am

starmandb wrote:

Starman i think if you ever where invited onto a gameshow in which if you won you came back to defend your title every week that TV company would have the shut down with all the winnings your would make every week!

Not just rare, obscure but fun and interesting story, I mean when you get 4 red cards you know there is usually drama or a ref who didn't have his weetabix that morning. How you know this or remember this either, how you know your historic stats is a superpower my friend! ;)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:47 am

This bloke is unreal now btw

This year and last he has been phenomenal, Madrid will be stupid not to keep him
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 am

His talent was always obvious. He just moved to Real Madrid way too early, which hampered his development.

Considering how good MØ20 has been this calendar year, it's fair to say he didn't become the next Royston Drenthe.

Also crazy how, despite only being 20 years old, he's already in his 6th season at professional level.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby elkanofan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Zenith wrote:His talent was always obvious, he just moved to Real Madrid way too early which hampered his development.

Considering how good MØ20 has been this calendar year it's fair to say he didn't become the next Royston Drenthe.

Also crazy how, despite only being 20 years old, he's already in his 6th season at professional level.

Sadly that means he's already near his peak.

Players only last 12-15 years from when they start and always seem to hit their peak 4-6 years from when they first start professional football.

He has been quality so far, slow but steady and marked improvements for years in Holland have paid off. Thing is he will retire at 32 or something. I would earmark him to replace Modric or Kroos by next season at the latest if not in January.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 pm

He moved to a club that if you don't immediately play well you are 'shit' when he was like 16 or 17 (mainly because of that big money contract, because a sensible player would work their way up to Madrid).

Glad hes getting the chance to show his talent now.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Suprnova wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No mate
Was on the bench at sunderland last day of 07/08 season
Never got on
Ps
Thanks elkanofan
starmandb

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:26 pm

starmandb wrote:
Suprnova wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No mate
Was on the bench at sunderland last day of 07/08 season
Never got on
Ps
Thanks elkanofan

Ah ok, nice one mate :)
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry