Bernd Leno joins Fulham

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Bernd Leno

Postby Sims » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 pm

KG3 wrote:
Sims wrote:Doesn’t matter what keeper we sign if Gerry Peyton is still here

He would ruin david De Gea in one week

It's no surprise that since leaving us the likes of Almunia, Szczesny and Fabianski all seemed to show signs of improvement.

Don't understand why we didn't let Cech goalkeeper coach join us

fabs is the worst one because he took tony roberts with him to Swansea. That c*** was here all along yet we kept this old f**k in charge of goalkeeping duties

wenger going wouldnt be big just because his outdated self would be leaving, it would mean the end for all of our rubbish coaches
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Arsenal are preparing a £25 million bid for Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

Source:The Sun

20/03/2018 12:20
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Arsenal are interested in signing Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

Source:Kicker
29/03/2018 13:20
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:40 pm

Arsenal will rival Atletico Madrid and Napoli for Bayer Leverkusen's German international keeper Bernd Leno, 26, who is available for a fee of around £17.5m. (Bild via Sun)

Is he German number 3?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:03 am

Doesn't matter.

If there is a German keeper available you buy them. No questions asked.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:10 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Doesn't matter.

They've got at least four goalkeepers better than any English Keeper

Timo Horn would probably be England No.1 and I think he's third or fourth choice for Germany
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby GBLShorty » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:14 am

i'd take him to replace Ospina and maybe demote Cech, we could do with a good up and coming keeper tho, like Lafont, how is that young portugese keeper Virginia in real life? hes got high stats on FM
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 am

GBLShorty wrote:i'd take him to replace Ospina and maybe demote Cech, we could do with a good up and coming keeper tho, like Lafont, how is that young portugese keeper Virginia in real life? hes got high stats on FM

Golden.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:26 am

GBLShorty wrote:i'd take him to replace Ospina and maybe demote Cech, we could do with a good up and coming keeper tho, like Lafont, how is that young portugese keeper Virginia in real life? hes got high stats on FM

Last thing we need is a virgin tbh
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GBLShorty » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:42 am

lool well hes pretty young he probably is :D
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:50 am

UFGN wrote:

Timo Horn would probably be England No.1 and I think he's third or fourth choice for Germany

And will be in the 2. Bundesliga next season ffs
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Schlandi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:25 am

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:

And will be in the 2. Bundesliga next season ffs

Well playing for the GOAT club is something special so it's easily understandable :grouphug:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:31 am

"Maybe"
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:45 pm

This is an exiting buy for me if it happens as I play GK. I knew we were never in for an Oblak or Donnarumma given our resources so this really hits the sweet spot of high potential up and comer at the right price.

I've watched a bit of him and I think he his exceptional trait is his footwork. He has some of the most active feet I've seen on a GK in awhile. He's doing what I call a stutter hop where he's making small positioning changes while an attacker advances on him. This allows him to react quickly once he has read the shot timing and/or direction and improves his position while doing so. If he reads the shot he takes a large hop while the shooter is drawing their foot back. This allows him to get into a strong leaping position for his dives. Because of his active feet he also is able to make a lot of saves with his feet that would otherwise slip by.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Lucky7 wrote:This is an exiting buy for me if it happens as I play GK. I knew we were never in for an Oblak or Donnarumma given our resources so this really hits the sweet spot of high potential up and comer at the right price.

I've watched a bit of him and I think he his exceptional trait is his footwork. He has some of the most active feet I've seen on a GK in awhile. He's doing what I call a stutter hop where he's making small positioning changes while an attacker advances on him. This allows him to react quickly once he has read the shot timing and/or direction and improves his position while doing so. If he reads the shot he takes a large hop while the shooter is drawing their foot back. This allows him to get into a strong leaping position for his dives. Because of his active feet he also is able to make a lot of saves with his feet that would otherwise slip by.

Lukic used to do a lot of work with his legs and saved quite a lot with his legs, including at least one penalty that I remember

And of course he had that trademark stutter when he took a goal kick

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football