Henry Onyekuru

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Henry Onyekuru

Postby coach8smallball » Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am

screw a future investment, we need a ST now.....this is a joke.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 24, 2017 11:49 am

coach8smallball wrote:screw a future investment, we need a ST now.....this is a joke.

....and we have done for a few years.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Zenith wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:He's a feckin' midget ..... 5'7 and about as solid as a bag of crisps .... the EPL will eat him up and spit him out .... this is an OK signing if we're looking at developing a player over 18-24 months ...

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A TOP 4 SQUAD SIGNING ..... how low are we sinking .......

He's 5'9'', not 5'7''. Taller than Pedro, Kante, Hazard, Alexis, Coutinho, Lallana,...

Not really fussed as long as it doesn't stop us from investing in what is required in there here and now. It's crucial to sign a couple of these young prodigies for what is almost a pittance in today's market.

Given what he as shown at such young age there isn't an awful lot we can do wrong with the £6.8m we'd be investing in one of Africa's brightest talents.

Even if you decide to get rid in a couple of years the chances of you making profit are very much there. Chelsea have been making money out of this approach for years.

This will stop us investing though, 7 million is 7 million less to spend on top class players and we know how cheap we are so that's not good. It's another pet project who will take up squad space when in reality we need ready made top class players now. Not only that he'll be around for years, so if it doesn't work out, if Wenger is still in charge he'll be around for years.

Seen the youtube clips, looks decent on that, but anyone can look good on youtube and this is the Belgian league which is average at best. If this was in addition to top class players fine, but with us it won't be, it will just mean we end up with a player that's not as good because we want spend that little bit extra.

Oh and we've been investing into the future for as long as I can remember to no effect, today never seems to arrive at this club, it's always tomorrow.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Nuggets wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:screw a future investment, we need a ST now.....this is a joke.

We never REALLY replaced Henry to be honest...RVP was a great player and worthy of being called a replacement but he was too injury prone. Some might say that's a little harsh, what can't be denied is we haven't replaced RVP...

Equally as alarming, we still haven't replaced Patrick Viera lol :rofll:
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 24, 2017 12:28 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

We never REALLY replaced Henry to be honest...RVP was a great player and worthy of being called a replacement but he was too injury prone. Some might say that's a little harsh, what can't be denied is we haven't replaced RVP...

Equally as alarming, we still haven't replaced Patrick Viera lol :rofll:

Shocking bit of business selling Henry and Vieira for the price we did and the time we did it. The fact we never replaced them is another shocker, in getting rid of all those great players who won stuff we got rid of the winning mentality which could have been passed onto the younger players as well, what a mess that was.

But yeah we've needed a top striker for year RVP was the last one, can't seem to do anything properly at this club, it's the height of complacency (and incompetence) to not have signed one and relied on Giroud for so many years.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby gooney » Wed May 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Özim wrote:
Zenith wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:He's a feckin' midget ..... 5'7 and about as solid as a bag of crisps .... the EPL will eat him up and spit him out .... this is an OK signing if we're looking at developing a player over 18-24 months ...

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A TOP 4 SQUAD SIGNING ..... how low are we sinking .......

He's 5'9'', not 5'7''. Taller than Pedro, Kante, Hazard, Alexis, Coutinho, Lallana,...

Not really fussed as long as it doesn't stop us from investing in what is required in there here and now. It's crucial to sign a couple of these young prodigies for what is almost a pittance in today's market.

Given what he as shown at such young age there isn't an awful lot we can do wrong with the £6.8m we'd be investing in one of Africa's brightest talents.

Even if you decide to get rid in a couple of years the chances of you making profit are very much there. Chelsea have been making money out of this approach for years.

This will stop us investing though, 7 million is 7 million less to spend on top class players and we know how cheap we are so that's not good. It's another pet project who will take up squad space when in reality we need ready made top class players now. Not only that he'll be around for years, so if it doesn't work out, if Wenger is still in charge he'll be around for years.

Seen the youtube clips, looks decent on that, but anyone can look good on youtube and this is the Belgian league which is average at best. If this was in addition to top class players fine, but with us it won't be, it will just mean we end up with a player that's not as good because we want spend that little bit extra.

Oh and we've been investing into the future for as long as I can remember to no effect, today never seems to arrive at this club, it's always tomorrow.
Our best route as a club is going for players like this. We cant attract top class proven players.......if the choice is having super exciting young players with huge potential or mid 20s ok players like welbeck, giroud and perez. Then I take the unknown because I know the mid 20 trash we keep spending on between 10-25 million will get us nowhere. And i honestly dont care about winning trophies.....I have watched giroud and welbeck for years. This has killed part of me. I just want exciting skillful players. For years we havent had a striker who can hurt a defense on his own with dribbling. This guy is really quick and can dribble. Sign him. The more players you have who can beat players, the harder you become to play against
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 pm

gooney wrote:Our best route as a club is going for players like this. We cant attract top class proven players.......if the choice is having super exciting young players with huge potential or mid 20s ok players like welbeck, giroud and perez. Then I take the unknown because I know the mid 20 trash we keep spending on between 10-25 million will get us nowhere. And i honestly dont care about winning trophies.....I have watched giroud and welbeck for years. This has killed part of me. I just want exciting skillful players. For years we havent had a striker who can hurt a defense on his own with dribbling. This guy is really quick and can dribble. Sign him. The more players you have who can beat players, the harder you become to play against

We can attract top class proven players, the problem is we're not willing to pay the market price, consequently we spend on the Wellbecks and Girouds of this world who come relatively cheap but offer very little.

Now sure he looks like he can dribble, but dribbling against lower calibre players in Belgium and doing it successfully in the PL are two very different things, he'll get chopped down 95% of the time in England and since he's playing at a lower level you can't really gauge how good he is.

Really we should be forgetting about the future and dealing with the here and now, signing top proven players who can help us be sucessful, kids won't do that, we've proved it. Bring them in when you have quality players around them to learn, don't bring them into a team/squad largely made up of bottling losers who don't have a clue what winning takes and don't care that much about it, if you do you'll end up with more of the same.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Cripps » Wed May 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Ffs
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Excellent news. Getting a top young striker should be a priority.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 3:06 pm

The money is a drop in the ocean so I'd pay it. But I will only be satisfied if this doesn't hinder the signing of a ready-made top quality striker. Knowing the useless manager and his transfer policy this will be the only striker we sign this summer which will be a total disaster.

Looking at that picture of him, he'll get eaten alive in the premier league. Needs to bulk up ASAP
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 24, 2017 3:23 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:The money is a drop in the ocean so I'd pay it. But I will only be satisfied if this doesn't hinder the signing of a ready-made top quality striker. Knowing the useless manager and his transfer policy this will be the only striker we sign this summer which will be a total disaster.

Looking at that picture of him, he'll get eaten alive in the premier league. Needs to bulk up ASAP

This is precisely what is likely to happen, seen it too many times before, that's why I'm against the cheap buys now, if it was on top of the top quality we need then fine, but it won't be, this is Wenger all over, just like free signing of the full back, he's so cheap it's embarassing.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Özim wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:The money is a drop in the ocean so I'd pay it. But I will only be satisfied if this doesn't hinder the signing of a ready-made top quality striker. Knowing the useless manager and his transfer policy this will be the only striker we sign this summer which will be a total disaster.

This is precisely what is likely to happen, seen it too many times before, that's why I'm against the cheap buys now, if it was on top of the top quality we need then fine, but it won't be, this is Wenger all over, just like free signing of the full back, he's so cheap it's embarassing.

If you were an alien from Mars you'd never believe we were the 5th richest club in the world with the way le stingy buys players.

Always looking for bargain bin that may or may not be good enough, and then overpaying them to buy their loyalty. Typical of Wenger.

The boy is only 19, may turn out to be special. But ffs we need the ready-made big name talent(s) as a priority right now.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Wed May 24, 2017 6:00 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:

If you were an alien from Mars you'd never believe we were the 5th richest club in the world with the way le stingy buys players.

Always looking for bargain bin that may or may not be good enough, and then overpaying them to buy their loyalty. Typical of Wenger.

The boy is only 19, may turn out to be special. But ffs we need the ready-made big name talent(s) as a priority right now.

This is so true, thats why they don't want him to leave the club FFS why kill the golden goose.
Nuggets

Postby KG3 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Cripps wrote:After the season we just had I'm surprised if anyone would be up for this signing.

We need genuine top quality players. Not someone his own countrymen haven't heard of and especially buying him means no top class striker

Xhaka and Mustafi were supposed to be genuine too quality yet we've had our worst season under Wenger, I'd rather this than spend 60M on Morata which would turn out to be another average overpriced buy like our last two.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill