An Interview With...... Good_Eye_Sniper

Get to know Goonersworld members a little bit better

Re: An Interview With...... Good_Eye_Sniper

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:49 am

Did you have singing lessons or are you self-taught?
If you had lessons, where were they and how old was your teacher? Did he/she walk with a limp?
Can you play any instruments?
What's the biggest band you've supported on stage? What did Kerrang say about you?
Have you ever gigged to an almost empty room?
Why are you called GES and why the stupid picture?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ozgooner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:55 am

FANTASY QUESTION : would you rather play to a packed wembley on the stage with your band or on the pitch for arsenal ?

now a few questions from Captain Oveur

have you ever been in a cockpit before?
have you ever seen a grown man naked?
have you ever been to a turkish prison?
do you like movies about gladiators?

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:57 am

10] Favourite holiday destination: Marmaris - Seriously, the best place on the planet!

What appeals to you most about the place?
Have you been to Istanbul? What do you feel about it? I was there as a kid and loved it, just want to know what others think ;)
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 am

Any other volunteers for this? I've got just three further names on my list now.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:42 am

I'll give it a go.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 am

Go on then mate. Can only bore the people...
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Did you have singing lessons or are you self-taught? - Never had a single lesson mate, and to be honest, it's not something you can teach. This may sound pretentious, but it's something you either have or you don't :)
Can you play any instruments? - Used to play a bit of guitar and drums, but singing is much better cos you don't really have to practice!!
What's the biggest band you've supported on stage? - Well, I've supported The LA Guns (Original Guns and Roses lineup), Terrorvision, Gun, plus loads of others who are only semi well known
What did Kerrang say about you? - They said I sounded like Ozzy before the drugs binge days, but much more versatile! I take that as a compliment
Have you ever gigged to an almost empty room? - Loads at the very beginning mate! All bands do, it's what's known as "paying your dues". I remember playing the tail end of a rock night round the corner from the Kerrang offices in Birmingham, and it was just staff left in the venue :rofll: :tumbleweed:
Why are you called GES - "Good Eye Sniper" is a lyric from the Coheed and Cambria song - A Favour House Atlantic

Why the stupid picture? - It's Orko from He-Man :D I have a penchant for the random :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 pm

ozgooner wrote:FANTASY QUESTION : would you rather play to a packed wembley on the stage with your band or on the pitch for arsenal ?

Dude, that's a tough question, but music will always have priority with me, so it's gotta be the first choice ;)

Plus, I'm shit at football :rofll:

arseman - Marmaris is just the complete holiday package mate. Scorching hot, friendly, great nightlife, great shopping. I just love it there.

Never been to Istanbul though
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 pm

If you could enter your own dreamworld would you?

If you had to present a well known game show which one would you choose?

Would you make an unbias pro ref or if you had the chance to help Arsenal's campaign on the sly would you take it?

Do you prefer starters or desserts?

If you went on Top Gear and you could race any car around their track what would you choose?

Would you give it all up for a woman?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:34 pm

If you could enter your own dreamworld would you? - Mate, I can. I've been able to lucid dream for a few years now. It's very easy with the right practice and focus, and SO worth it.

If you had to present a well known game show which one would you choose? - Haha, good question! I have no idea, erm Blankety Blank?! :dontknow: :rofll:

Would you make an unbias pro ref or if you had the chance to help Arsenal's campaign on the sly would you take it? - There's no way in hell I would be unbiased. None of the other refs are :P

Do you prefer starters or desserts? - Starters for sure. I much prefer savoury to sweet

If you went on Top Gear and you could race any car around their track what would you choose? - Not a huge fan of cars, but I've always had a soft spot for the Lambourghini Countash :clap:

Would you give it all up for a woman? - That would depend entirely on the woman. It would take someone very special to make me give up the singing, but if that one came along, why not? It won't happen though (I only attract insane women) so I don't have to worry ;)
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:46 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:If you could enter your own dreamworld would you? - Mate, I can. I've been able to lucid dream for a few years now. It's very easy with the right practice and focus, and SO worth it.

I have read about Lucid dreams (i used to be able to completely control my dreams but i don't think that is the same thing) and i have read many techniques, i am frightened to do it though as i have an addictive personality and i already do enough things which are detrimental to my social life. I have also heard some bad stories too.

Sounds like you love it though

If you had to present a well known game show which one would you choose? - Haha, good question! I have no idea, erm Blankety Blank?! :dontknow: :rofll:

You joker :rofll:
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:50 pm

What bad stories have you heard mate? I've only ever had good experiences.

Controlling your dreams is a big part of what lucid dreaming is, and it's awesome :clap:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:00 pm

That you can can get confused about reality, i read about a few people who f***ked up their lives by thinking they are dreaming when they are not.

I have also heard they can really change your personality if you do it alot and as i say i have an addictive personality.

Apparently there are tests you are supposed to do like switching on a light, looking in a mirror or reading and then rereading something to tell the difference between dreams and reality, sounds quite daunting.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:01 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:That you can can get confused about reality, i read a few people who f***ked up their lives by thinking they are dreaming when they are not.

I have also heard they can really change your personality if you do it alot and as i say i have an addictive personality.

Apparently there are tests you are supposed to do like switching on a light, looking in a mirror or reading and then rereading something to tell the difference between dreams and reality, sounds quite daunting.

I've never experienced anything like that mate, and I like to live on the edge, so bring it on :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: :biggrin:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:08 pm

Lol, well that gives it a plus one in my book. Don't think i will consider it for a while though. Something else to do before i am 30 maybe :)
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Members Interviews Archives