An Interview With.... Leody

Get to know Goonersworld members a little bit better

An Interview With.... Leody

Postby SE13 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 pm

1] Name: Judd Peroli

2] Age: 27

3] Location: Medina, OH

4] Tell us something interesting about Medina: Well, they have a toy train museum... other than that not much. Right now it's the fastest growing town in Ohio largely because it's close to both Cleveland and Akron with interstate freeway access to both.

5] Marital status: Single

6] Single? Would you want to get married: If I meet the right girl... Nothing really holding me back, I've just gotten bored with the girls I've dated in the past.

7] Why Arsenal: Well, I played soccer in HS and have always been a fan of the game. I never had much chance to watch any though since it wasn't on tv here in the States when I was growing up. When I graduated from college I got myself DricTV which came with Fox Soccer Channel. It all started from that. At first I would just watch all the games I could not cheering for either team, unless I had money on the game. (never that much) Which I did alot, because it was the only way to get excited. Well as time went on, I just fell in love with the way Arsenal played. I wouldn't say I was officially a fan of the club till 05/06 or 06/07, but I've been watching them since around 03.

8] Hobbies: Video Games, nothing exciting... oh and drinking.

9] What would you be prepared to give up to have a season ticket at Ashburton Grove: My legs. I don't use them that much really :biggrin:

Honestly, I'm not sure... I don't have that much to give up. Maybe my car, I really do love that car.

10] If you could live anywhere in The World, where would it be: Hard one since I've not traveled all that much. I would say I'm happy where I am really. Friends and family are all here.

11] Favourite holiday destination: Anywhere in the Caribbeans

12] Favourite food: Pizza easy... Pepperoni, Sausage and Bacon. Mom's lasagna comes a close 2nd. (I'm Italian)

13] Favourite Arsenal player of all time: Henry

14] Favourite drink: Rum and Coke if we're talking mixed drinks or Spatan Lager if we're talkin beer

15] If you could do one thing to change The World, what would it be: People will say this would make things boring, but I wish there were one language, one culture and one religion and complete understanding amongst all people.

16] If you had a choice of superpowers, what would you want: I want to fly. At supersonic speeds like Superman. That way I could wake up on Saturday, fly over to London and just hover over Ashburton Grove. :biggrin:

17] If you won the lottery, what would you do: I'd pay off all of my debt from college and grad school, buy a modest house out in the middle of nowhere in the woods and use up my time by investing the rest and traveling.

With a million thaks to Leody for taking the time out to do this, I'll leave the thread for everyone to ask something.If anyone else wants to be a part of this, drop me a PM, and I'll add you to the now quite short list.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: An Interview With.... Leody

Postby Cheese » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Who would you most like to meet from GoonersWorld?
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Favourite Arsenal memory?

What is your views on organic milk?
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby SuperDumbassman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Describe your favourite shirt.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Leody » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Who would you most like to meet from GoonersWorld?

MsChVint :lipssealed: Hmmmm not sure, probably Inch, Trina and Fordy.

Inch because he's the one that enlightened me to the greatness that is goonersworld and Trina and Fordy for obvious reasons.

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Favourite Arsenal memory?

What is your views on organic milk?

Favorite Arsenal memory... I would say in the 05/06 season when Arsenal thrashed Villa 5-0. I just remember the class goals that were scored in that game. At the start of the 2nd half we sent a long ball from our own half to the top of the box, I forget who it was, but somebody backheel/trapped the ball at the top of the box and got out of the way for Henry to run on and curl a perfect shot into the far corner... was a classic goal. Vintage Henry. Etched into my memory for sure.

Organic Milk? Do you mean whole milk? If so, no thanks I'm a 2% guy. If you mean that Soy milk crap... I say no way am I drinking something so unnatural... In order to make Soy Milk you would have to milk a Soy Bean... and I just don't see how that is possible. Do Soy Beans have tits? I don't think so...

SuperDumbassman wrote:Describe your favourite shirt.

It's a stiff black button up Hawk brand shirt. Looks absolutely ace when I decide to pop the collar, or just pure class with it down. I also like the stiffness because it never wrinkles too much.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby singaporegooner » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 am

Describe your worst nightmare and best fantasy(can be any kind :sneaky:)
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57 am

singaporegooner wrote:Describe your worst nightmare and best fantasy(can be any kind :sneaky:)

Worst nightmare... well I have this reoccurring dream where I am driving and as I'm coming up to a turn or an intersection or something my breaks don't work. Hate that dream because it always makes me paranoid while driving the next day.

best fantasy... well let's just say it involves some fine looking ladies and we'll leave it at that. :sneaky2:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ozgooner » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 am

Leody wrote:
singaporegooner wrote:Describe your worst nightmare and best fantasy(can be any kind :sneaky:)

Worst nightmare... well I have this reoccurring dream where I am driving and as I'm coming up to a turn or an intersection or something my breaks don't work. Hate that dream because it always makes me paranoid while driving the next day.

best fantasy... well let's just say it involves some fine looking ladies and we'll leave it at that. :sneaky2:

who are your top 3 fine looking ladies ?
pizza - thin or thick base ?
dream ride ?
favourite band/musician ?

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 am

Leody wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Who would you most like to meet from GoonersWorld?

MsChVint :lipssealed: Hmmmm not sure, probably Inch, Trina and Fordy.

Inch because he's the one that enlightened me to the greatness that is goonersworld and Trina and Fordy for obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons? Not all that obvious, why would you want to meet a Leeds fan? :dontknow:

Leody wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Favourite Arsenal memory?

Favorite Arsenal memory... I would say in the 05/06 season when Arsenal thrashed Villa 5-0. I just remember the class goals that were scored in that game. At the start of the 2nd half we sent a long ball from our own half to the top of the box, I forget who it was, but somebody backheel/trapped the ball at the top of the box and got out of the way for Henry to run on and curl a perfect shot into the far corner... was a classic goal. Vintage Henry. Etched into my memory for sure.

That was Adebayor believe it or not. He backheeled it to Henry who scored with his first touch I think.
I remember that game it was a total masterclass in football.

Leody wrote:7] Why Arsenal: Well, I played soccer in HS and have always been a fan of the game. I never had much chance to watch any though since it wasn't on tv here in the States when I was growing up. When I graduated from college I got myself DricTV which came with Fox Soccer Channel. It all started from that. At first I would just watch all the games I could not cheering for either team, unless I had money on the game. (never that much) Which I did alot, because it was the only way to get excited. Well as time went on, I just fell in love with the way Arsenal played. I wouldn't say I was officially a fan of the club till 05/06 or 06/07, but I've been watching them since around 03.

What I like about that is that no-one forced you to be an Arsenal fan through family obligation or anything.
You just observed all Prem teams and came independently to the conclusion that the best football was played by Arsenal.
That shows that you have taste and also that Arsenal have been playing sexy enough football to turn the heads of completely neutral and unbiased football fans.
:arsesmile:

My questions are:
Which player do you most admire and why?
If you were gay for a day, who would you go after?
If you ever met Arsene, what questions would you ask him?
Is the name Judd short for anything?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:46 pm

ozgooner wrote:who are your top 3 fine looking ladies ?
pizza - thin or thick base ?
dream ride ?
favourite band/musician ?

Top 3: It's hard, because I see new ones that I would add all the time :biggrin:

But if I had to pick... Jessica Biel, Liz Hatch (pro cyclist, did a Maxim photo shoot) and probably somebody of the Brooke Burke type, nice looking brunette.

Pizza, really depends where you're getting it from. I love Poppa John's thin crust, but then I love the thick that a local place called Gionino's makes. Overall, I would say thick probably.

Dream ride: Aston Martin DB9

Band: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, there are far to many that I like to name but RHCP is the only band that I have liked more or less all my life and have liked everything they've put out even as they've evolved.

Inchpractice wrote:My questions are:
Which player do you most admire and why?
If you were gay for a day, who would you go after?
If you ever met Arsene, what questions would you ask him?
Is the name Judd short for anything?

Admire: Fabregas, because he reads the game so fast and is able to make unbelievable passes. It's almost as if he knows where everybody is on the pitch w/o having to look. I was better than most of the people I played with at reading the game, but never skilled enough to really take advantage of it. That's why I became a keeper. :biggrin: Also being 6' tall at 15 meant I was the tallest kid on my team. Too bad I quit growing.

Gay: I don't even know how to answer that... Seriously, who even spends time thinking of such things? I guess I would have to go for a tiny little feminine guy so I could pitch, because I sure as shit ain't catchin... :tumbleweed: Like Tom Cruise or something...

Arsene: I'd ask him how he can stay true to his beliefs with the team structure/transfer policies with all the pressure from the media/fans to do things in the Manc/Chelsea mold. I've always admired the fact that he has his own system which doesn't match anybody else. If you want to be great, you have to be different.

Judd, the way that I spell it and on my birth certificate is not short for anything. Some people go by Jud with one D, which is normally short for Judson. My parents gave me that name because they liked it and it was different. I do like having a name that nobody else does. That way when people yell "hey Judd" in a crowd I know they're talking to me, unlike with the name Mike, Tom, Jim or Bob...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby rachel83 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 pm

SE13 wrote:3] Location: Medina, OH

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. I only know of Medina, OH because my hometown is Medina, NY and for some reason people confuse the two all the time.
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:25 pm

How did you find Goonersworld?
Whats your favourite console & game?
What is your fave RHCP track? (Great choice of band, mine is By The Way) ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Leody » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:28 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:How did you find Goonersworld?
Whats your favourite console & game?
What is your fave RHCP track? (Great choice of band, mine is By The Way) ;)

1) I found it thanks to Inch. I had been posting on another site since early 2004. When I started posting there it was a smallish board, but still had lots of people and good activity. It was a multi-team board and more of just a general football board. As time went on it got bigger and bigger and I think the new people were younger and younger. The discussion on that board (if you want to call it that) quickly became nothing but name calling and taunting. I got so sick of everybody on there saying Arsenal fans are paranoid anytime we said anything remotely close to that. Well after a few months of that happening even in the Arsenal only thread I just got fed up and left. Before I left I told the people in the Arsenal thread and Inch saw it and suggested I check out this site. I must say it's 10000000 times better. Even when people have different views on things here, it almost never degrades into, "you're retarded if you think X"

2) Favorite (notice no U) console would be the PS3. If I had to pick one game, I would say Call of Duty 4 just because of the amount I've played it. I really like sports games too, but those come and go quicker than CoD4 has. I've been playing that for a good 4 or 5 months now on a fairly regular basis.

3) I couldn't pick just one track, but if I had to I would say Under the Bridge. I also really like Scar Tissue, Give It Away, Breaking the Girl and Higher Ground. Of the newer stuff I've really liked Universally Speaking, Snow (Hey Oh), Make You Feel Better. I'd also like to make a shout out for Pretty Little Ditty off Mother's Milk.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:31 pm

rachel83 wrote:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. I only know of Medina, OH because my hometown is Medina, NY and for some reason people confuse the two all the time.

There is also a Medina in Minnesota. I only know that because they held the US Open there a few years back. It's also a really nice area that alot of professional athletes from the area live. Kevin Garnet lived there I know...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby rachel83 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Leody wrote:
rachel83 wrote:

There is also a Medina in Minnesota. I only know that because they held the US Open there a few years back. It's also a really nice area that alot of professional athletes from the area live. Kevin Garnet lived there I know...

There's one in Washington, too, and it's a really wealthy community. Bill gates lives there.
The one in NY is dirt poor.
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Members Interviews Archives