An Interview With....... mikey_gooner

Get to know Goonersworld members a little bit better

An Interview With....... mikey_gooner

Postby SE13 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:09 am

1] Your name: Mike Halpin

2] Age: 34

3] Height: 6ft5 :biggrin:

4] Location: was born and raised in west london , married at 25 then moved to hertfordshire

5] Marital Status: married for 10 years in september :cloud9:

6] What first attracted you to Arsenal: was never an attraction there really was not a choice in the matter , my dad was a season ticket holder and basically brainwashed me and my brother . i thanked him for it during my wedding speech :notworthy:

7] Would you have ever contemplated watching matches from The Clock End : well i started off in the junior gunners enclosure , got a season ticket and then used to stand on the northbank with it ! used to stand in the topside of the northbank and always loved the terrace culture , smart casual clothes and the feeling of belonging . can remember spending many a shit game watching the clockend do the job
:sneaky2:

8] Favourite Highbury memory: so many , but some that spring to mind are my first match at the Home OF Football , just remember the feeling of seeing Highbury loom up from the houses that first time i walked to the ground . the 89 and 91 title seasons , attending every home game those years provides in itself a few memories , the friendly match against france when we beat them 2-0 , we played em of the park and was a sign of things to come .

9] Toughest opponents off the field: tough question as always say 200 game lads toe to toe against another 200 game lads is gonna be a battle
but worst i ever came off was the night before we played sheffield united away one year , was up there for the weekend and staying with my mate who was a sheff wednesday fan , about 15 of us got involved with another group which ended with me being jumped on by three of them and kicking the shite out of me , managed to catch one of them in the face with half a brick but ended up with busted nose , black eye , ripped jacket , lost watch etc , got back to mates house after and instead of him putting packet of frozen peas on my eye to stop the swelling they gave me a frozen wood pigeon :jester:

10] Would you contemplate cheating on your other half for a free season ticket: no need to , brother has two gold memberships and we have three silvers as well so always get a ticket when i want one .

11] Preferred residence if money were no object: Well if its in this country would probably be Sandbanks in Dorset as some lovely houses there and also looks nice place to live , if abroad either dubai or singapore

12] Favourite holiday destination: love travelling so have a few , really enjoyed south africa and also australia , liked toronto too , so many places i still want to go to , would love to go to argentina and watch a boca vs riverplate match .

13] Favourite food: Has to be Indian but also love thai and vietnamese food , enjoy cooking as well

14] Favourite drink: hoegarden beer , belgian beer or a nice cuppa tea in the morning !

15] Preferred Radio station: well depends , could be Radio 1 Chris Moyles show , bit of XFM , or Kiss sunday morning rehab or of course BBC Radio 5 for listening to the match when im stuck at work

16] If you won the lottery, what would you do: would start a company up that offered sports tours around the world , so a tour for the ashes series , or the lions tour down under or watching the grand prixs or the ryder cup . would be dream job that involved travelling and sport

With thanks to Mikey for taking the time to do this, I now leave the thread open for others to ask a few questions, within reason of course!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: An Interview With....... mikey_gooner

Postby Fordy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:20 am

who would win in a straight fight between you and libs
Fordy

Postby Fordy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:31 am

I know a lot of leeds fans have respect for the arsenal fans putting them as the best of the london teams mainly because we hate team like Millwall and Chelsea.

And i know a mutual respect was born when the Arsenal fans where attacked in Turkey. After what happened to Leeds a know a lot of the leeds firm traveled out with Arsenal.

And in recent times Arsenal have been the best team to stop Man utd our arch rivals but what have been you experiences going to or playing at home to Leeds utd and dealing with the SC
Fordy

Postby mikey_gooner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 am

would never fight with libs ! :naughty:
as for elland road it was always a fearsome place to go to , always loads of barmies up for it and would give you a warm welcome !! can remember one game at highbury , few incidents round by drayton park where the away coaches used to park , ended up on holloway road , minibus full of leeds stops at the traffic lights and gets every window smashed in the bus , lucky for them they were not dragged out of the bus , driver had to jump the red light and drive back to leeds with no windows and a smashed windscreen :sneaky:
was bang out of order what happened in turkey to those leeds lads and was a lot of payback dished out to them in copenhagen .
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:16 am

Who do you think would win a fight out of a meerkat and a streetwise alley cat?

And also if I gave you £50 million to spend on players who would you have?
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby mikey_gooner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:47 am

would go the streetwise allyecat , would be a good fight though !

if i had £50 million would buy kaka , that would probably take all of the money though .
would buy vidic from man u and casillas the real madrid keeper , with those two in the team we would walk the title . but chances are we would never get those players so more realistic signings would be sell adebayor for 30 mill so i now have 80 million to spend so then buy kaka , david villa and then casillas the madrid keeper !
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:56 am

mikey_gooner wrote:would go the streetwise allyecat , would be a good fight though !

if i had £50 million would buy kaka , that would probably take all of the money though .
would buy vidic from man u and casillas the real madrid keeper , with those two in the team we would walk the title . but chances are we would never get those players so more realistic signings would be sell adebayor for 30 mill so i now have 80 million to spend so then buy kaka , david villa and then casillas the madrid keeper !

I'm thinking of setting that fight up so if you know a streetwise alley cat gimme a shout!

Nice work with the selling there mate, can't complain about those signings!
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby mikey_gooner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:02 am

perhaps we could sell broadcasting rights to Sky as they show anything during the summer when the footballs not on !!

who would win in a fight between lewis hamilton and alonso ?!
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:08 am

mikey_gooner wrote:perhaps we could sell broadcasting rights to Sky as they show anything during the summer when the footballs not on !!

who would win in a fight between lewis hamilton and alonso ?!

Your a genius mate! Animal Fights! When the circle of life turns into a ring....a BOXING RING!!

I'd take Alonso, Hamilton talks like a bit of a gay boy but then again he is banging that bird from the pussycat dolls.

Sadly I don't have the funds to set that one up but if I do, ringside seats?
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby mikey_gooner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:10 am

we can call it Animals at War and would be hosted by Chris Kamara !!
first bout of the night , a monkey and a dog ....who wins ?!!
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 am

mikey_gooner wrote:we can call it Animals at War and would be hosted by Chris Kamara !!
first bout of the night , a monkey and a dog ....who wins ?!!

Monkey, they are violent little bastards.

A camel and a zebra?
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby mikey_gooner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 am

would go for a 3rd round KO by the zebra !
could also introduce celebrity bouts on the show to boost the ratings ....first up is battle of the celebrity chefs ....
ainsley harriot ( gooner ) vs Gary Rhodes ( manc scum )
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

mikey_gooner wrote:would go for a 3rd round KO by the zebra !
could also introduce celebrity bouts on the show to boost the ratings ....first up is battle of the celebrity chefs ....
ainsley harriot ( gooner ) vs Gary Rhodes ( manc scum )

Or how about The manc poof v a heard of starving lions.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:05 pm

Mikey, who is your favourite Arsenal player other than Bergkamp & which is your fave shirt since you have been supporting.

Oh & do you know Cockney Stu through Arsenal or are you guys mates previous to that, (you know who im on about) btw i think he's fab! ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby mikey_gooner » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:43 pm

good questions ! well other favourite players would include david rocastle , tony adams , paul davis and even though he was before my time charlie george and gerodie armstrong .
as for cockney stu yes i know him through The Arsenal and is a top geezer had the pleasure of going to the madness concert last december with him and we had an afternoon drinking session before the concert .
fave shirt would have to be either 1989 away shirt or the 79 cup final yellow shirt
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Members Interviews Archives