Eduardo Da Silva

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Postby Fordy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:01 am

Eduardo da Silva is looking to make a big impression in his first season at Arsenal, although he admits he will not be able to emulate Thierry Henry's achievements for the club.

Arsene Wenger moved quickly to bring in da Silva following Henry's departure to Barcelona, and the Brazilian-born Croatian has a superb goalscoring record in recent seasons.

However, the former Dinamo Zagreb forward knows it will not be easy to follow Henry and has warned the fans not to expect too much.

"I don't think anyone can fill Henry's boots. A player who does as much for Arsenal as Henry did will only come around once every 50 years," da Silva told the Arsenal Magazine.

"It will be impossible for me to do what he did. All I can hope to do is please the club, the coach and the fans."

Da Silva is confident he can have a good first season at Emirates Stadium as he insists he has always been a reliable team player.

Describing his style, he said: "I'm a player who runs a lot, is disciplined and who scores.

"I've played centre-forward but now play more on the left or right. I'm a team player and will always run back to mark.

"My style is closer to the Europeans - not like Robinho or one of these Brazilian players that like to dribble a lot.

"I'm a player that likes to do my bit, who the coach can tell what to do, and does it with speed and strength."

Da Silva accepts that it may take time to adjust to the Premier League but believes Wenger is the perfect mentor for a young player.

"English football is faster and more physical and the quicker I adapt, the better," he explained.

"Arsene Wenger is very good. People say he is the best coach in the world."

From sky sports
Fordy

Postby CLS » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:08 am

i read this also on sky sports and at first i thought he came across as slighty negative but hopefully he just saying he will never be able to do what henry did and i might take a while to adjust.

maybe he is just covering his back so we dont complain to early

i hope
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:31 am

Sounds like he may have been thinking that we expect miracles from him, its good to hear that he feels confident without thinking he can fill Henry's boots, he's right a player like Thierry dont come along often, but i do hope he settles & adjusts well for us.
Looking forward to seeing him play in the prem.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Lanchester » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:32 am

CLS wrote:i read this also on sky sports and at first i thought he came across as slighty negative but hopefully he just saying he will never be able to do what henry did and i might take a while to adjust.

maybe he is just covering his back so we dont complain to early

i hope

Like we did with Baptista, maybe he should have stated something. :lol:
Lanchester
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Eltzadizzle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:54 am

I dunno if ne1 has said this, but don't u all think thay Da Silva looks like Prince...

pictures coming shortly...
Eltzadizzle
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Eltzadizzle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:22 am

ImageImage
Eltzadizzle
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby REG » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:24 am

Oh yeah he does (suddenley :b: with idea lol)
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rvtheace » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:21 pm

Yuck. :p
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Arsenal sign Eduardo Da Silva

Postby KG3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Wouldn't mind if we took a risk on a player like Eduardo again someone scoring for fun in a crap league it's better than nothing, remember when he first signed people were traded because some nobody was replacing Henry but as the season went on he showed what a good player he was and were it not for that unfortunate incident we would have won the title.

Wonder what our scouts have been doing surely there's someone out there scoring for fun in a crap league we can acquire for a small fee it's better than nothing.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Arsenal sign Eduardo Da Silva

Postby Sims » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:40 pm

We should've been taking more risks in the striker department for the last 5 years
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Re: Eduardo Da Silva

Postby Santi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:22 pm

we should've been taking more risks in all departments for the last 5 years

also i'm still gutted about his leg break, he was a quality player and we would've won that title.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to World Football