Man Myth Legend ~ The Maradona

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Maradona is the new Argentina boss

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:And all I'm saying is you can't get over the fact the match was lost.

And the match in question actually had a lot to do with the Falklands. Diego himself said it was revenge for it.

Well in that case he is even more of a w***er.

FFS you arent helping me like the guy
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Why? Because he dedicated his goal to people who were kileld for no reason?

"We blamed the English players for everything that happened, for all the suffering of the Argentine people ... Before the match we said football had nothing to do with the Malvinas war. But we knew a lot of Argentine kids died, shot down like little birds. This was revenge."

Also what people fail to mention when calling Maradona a cheat is the cheating that happened in 1966, Geoff Hurst, what a cheating bastard eh ;)
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 pm

"We blamed the English players for everything that happened, for all the suffering of the Argentine people ... Before the match we said football had nothing to do with the Malvinas war. But we knew a lot of Argentine kids died, shot down like little birds. This was revenge."

FFS man that quote is sick. The only people who were responsible for the Falklands War were the Argentine Government. They invaded the Falklands for political reasons, to try to booster popularity with their people. They attacked the sovereign territory of the country with the second largest navy in the world, and plenty of money and arms to totally destroy their forces Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the ownership of the Falklands, that was a pretty stupid thing to do. They must have known what would happen to their lads.

Add "stupid racist" to "arrogant"

After this convo I actually quite dislike the man on a non-footballing level.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:56 pm

I don't think he's talking about the lads that went to war, actually I know he isn't because I have the book from where the quote is from. He is talking about innocent kids.

And I don't see where you pluck the racist part from?
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:

"We blamed the English players for everything that happened, for all the suffering of the Argentine people ..

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I don't think he's talking about the lads that went to war, actually I know he isn't because I have the book from where the quote is from. He is talking about innocent kids.

I dont see how he can be. No "Kids" were "shot" or otherwise killed by anyone during the Falklands war. There were no Argentine civilians at all on the Islands. He means the young Argentine soldiers.

UFGN

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:

"We blamed the English players for everything that happened, for all the suffering of the Argentine people ..

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I don't think he's talking about the lads that went to war, actually I know he isn't because I have the book from where the quote is from. He is talking about innocent kids.

I dont see how he can be. No "Kids" were "shot" or otherwise killed by anyone during the Falklands war. There were no Argentine civilians at all on the Islands. He means the young Argentine soldiers.

Plenty of people who have had their country invaded by England blames us for the state they are in or were in. My Mrs for one blames us for the state of Jamaica.

The kids Diego was talking about were the conscripts who imo aren't soldiers especially not soldiers of the facist government Argentina had in place at the time.

The Argentine kids sent were lambs to the slaughter and those from the British Army committed dispicable war crimes in Argentina, including boys who had surrendered being thrown from cliffs at Mount Longdon. The most despicable of all crimes was the murder of hundreds of boys on board the General Belgrano.

I suggest you do some research on that before saying the mans a racist and yes the invasion of the Falklands was a stunt which tremendously backfired on the Argentine government but the same could also be said from the British side. Here we had a fascist junta in charge who were losing their grip on power, and invading the Malvinas was a stunt that secured power for them.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Your comments about the Belgrano suggest to me that you are not as well informed as you might think. The ship may have been outside of the exclusion zone and may have even been facing the other direction at the time it was hit, but it was surveyed for hours and targeted because it was viewed as a legitimate threat.

The Argentine Army used Conscripts but that is not the fault of the Brits who killed them.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:08 pm

I dont really understand why you are so keen to defend Maradona and I really dont understand why you connect the issue automatically with the Falklands War and seem to suggest that Britain was wrong in its actions in retaking the Islands.

Weather or not a footballer scored a cheating goal and then claimed it was for political reasons should be no concern of yours. It was you who originally suggested that I link the two issues... when I do not.

UFGN

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:56 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:I dont really understand why you are so keen to defend Maradona and I really dont understand why you connect the issue automatically with the Falklands War and seem to suggest that Britain was wrong in its actions in retaking the Islands.

Weather or not a footballer scored a cheating goal and then claimed it was for political reasons should be no concern of yours. It was you who originally suggested that I link the two issues... when I do not.

I don't see why you are so keen to throw mud on his name by wrongly labelling him a racist ether. The issue is connected with the war because it was his reason for doing so. Not so hard to udnerstand is it? The reason I defend him is that English people need to get over the outrage of the hand of God when we forget how we won the world cup with an extremel dodgy goal. Maradona has been my hero since I was 7, he is the reason I'm into football i the way I am. The best footballer to ever walk the planet and yet because of one cheeky little goal he is dragged across the coals by English people who again forget abot the legitimacy of our own World Cup win. Now I'm older I not only respect Diego for his footballing skills, the ability to pull himself back from the dead but his political views on people like Chavez, Fidel, Guevara and Bush.

And I suggest you re-read your Belgrano information. Thatcher actually admits she changed the rules on it at the END of April and the Belgrano was sunk on the 2nd of May. It was going away and not causing anything til Thatcher changed the rules. And as for the conscripts dying not being the fault of British soldiers? I suggest you have a google search on Mount Longdon.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:23 pm

I am not going to discuss this with you anymore because you seem to be entrenched with the ideas that 1) Britain should have not attacked the Belgrano even though it was an enemy ship carrying enemy soldiers in a time of war 2) That "El Diago" is not only a hero but not at all racist despite openly saying that he and his team-mates "blamed English Footballers for the death of Argentine Kids"

Your hero is a moron mate. Thats all there is to it. My sources are fine. I have taken an interest in the Falklands for years. The rights and wrongs of it do not make Maradona any better a person.

Imagine if Geoff Hurst had come out and said "Bollocks... me and the lads dont care if it crossed the line or not... the Germans deserved to lose because of the War"... I kinda dont think that would be acceptable.

UFGN

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:I am not going to discuss this with you anymore because you seem to be entrenched with the ideas that 1) Britain should have not attacked the Belgrano even though it was an enemy ship carrying enemy soldiers in a time of war 2) That "El Diago" is not only a hero but not at all racist despite openly saying that he and his team-mates "blamed English Footballers for the death of Argentine Kids"

Your hero is a moron mate. Thats all there is to it. My sources are fine. I have taken an interest in the Falklands for years. The rights and wrongs of it do not make Maradona any better a person.

Imagine if Geoff Hurst had come out and said "Bollocks... me and the lads dont care if it crossed the line or not... the Germans deserved to lose because of the War"... I kinda dont think that would be acceptable.

It shouldn't have attacked it, it was going away from the danger zone and was subject to a swift rule change pushed through by Thatcher 48 hours before it was sunk.

Saying something anti-English is not at all racist, if your country is at war and young kids are dying then your gonna be against the country that is killing them. Seriously mate have a think about it before you start tarring people as racists.

And I actually disagree with the last comment you made about Hurst, I think it would have been perfectly acceptable because stupid comments like that are still made today and nothing is ever said about them.

But fair play mate, you have your views I'll have mine.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: Diego Armando Maradona, Manager

Postby Zenith » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:44 pm

25 years ago today Diego Maradona made his debut as Racing Club manager in style :hail: -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: Man Myth Legend ~ The Maradona

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:59 pm

:hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to World Football