The LaLiga Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The La Liga thread

Postby rachel83 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:45 am

Anyone watch the Villareal match? Jozy looked great for his debut! :biggrin:
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabby » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:57 am

How good is that kid? Its Altidore right? Adu was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread but he hasn't said the world on fire although he is doing nicely at Benfica.

VDV would have been perfect for us I was baffled as to why we didnt get him. Nasri isnt half bad but him and VDV and Fabby - sex. Although it would have stopped Walcott's utter brilliance shining through so i see why he didn't.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rachel83 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:How good is that kid? Its Altidore right? Adu was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread but he hasn't said the world on fire although he is doing nicely at Benfica.

Yeah, it's Jozy Altidore. Had a not-so-great season at NY before going over, but it was probably because he knew he was leaving. Who knows. I mean, the kid's only 18...
I was happy to see him running circles around those defenders and just playing like he'd been there for years. It was nice. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

I haven't watched Adu at Benfica, but I should start. Adu, Altidore, and Bradley are the US' best young prospects right now.
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:30 pm

rachel83 wrote:
Fabbyulous wrote:How good is that kid? Its Altidore right? Adu was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread but he hasn't said the world on fire although he is doing nicely at Benfica.

Yeah, it's Jozy Altidore. Had a not-so-great season at NY before going over, but it was probably because he knew he was leaving. Who knows. I mean, the kid's only 18...
I was happy to see him running circles around those defenders and just playing like he'd been there for years. It was nice. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

I haven't watched Adu at Benfica, but I should start. Adu, Altidore, and Bradley are the US' best young prospects right now.

I missed Jozy, I'll have to see if they show the replay of that game at all this week. I figured they'd loan him out to be honest. But for Adu, I thought he was loaned out to some French team for this season?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rachel83 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:02 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
rachel83 wrote:

I missed Jozy, I'll have to see if they show the replay of that game at all this week. I figured they'd loan him out to be honest. But for Adu, I thought he was loaned out to some French team for this season?

Ah right, Adu is at AS Monaco for the season. I totally forgot about that :oops:
Jozy was supposed to be loaned, but they decided to keep him.

Anyway, if I see any highlights posted, or see a that a replay will be on, I'll let you know ;)
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Anyone watching the Barca game? They're 5-1 up at halftime against Atletico, look like scoring everytime they've went forward. Should be 7, Messi's missed to glorious chances.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Just switched it on. Damn! 5-1!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby niko197 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Anyone watching the Barca game? They're 5-1 up at halftime against Atletico, look like scoring everytime they've went forward. Should be 7, Messi's missed to glorious chances.

that's the best spent 45 minutes in my life!!! amazing football! barca should be on double figures already...
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:57 pm

It's been amazing, so good that I didn't mind Jen talking about all the times she sat in that stadium supporting Barca when she refuses to go up The Arsenal.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby niko197 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:03 pm

she supported barca in the CL final!? :shock:

to be honest i thought that atletico will win, cos barca was poor so far and atletico was playing very well! but today barcelona looks amazing!!! :hail:
to bad messi missed that chance... i think that ujfalusi is still dizzy :dizzy:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Imagine! 100,000 fans chanting Messi! Messi!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:30 pm

F**K me! What a strike from Henry!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby niko197 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 pm

yeah zagi bro, 100 000 people screaming your name! and at least 30 % of them are girls! and some of them are hot!!!! :cloud9:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:44 pm

niko197 wrote:yeah zagi bro, 100 000 people screaming your name! and at least 30 % of them are girls! and some of them are hot!!!! :cloud9:

When i was there i didn't remember seeing any ugly chicks!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby niko197 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:46 pm

gzagee wrote:
niko197 wrote:yeah zagi bro, 100 000 people screaming your name! and at least 30 % of them are girls! and some of them are hot!!!! :cloud9:

When i was there i didn't remember seeing any ugly chicks!

yeah man, spanish girls are hot!!!!! :hail:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football