The LaLiga Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The La Liga thread

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Didn't hazard say in an interview that he actually liked Conte?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dynamite » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Pudpop wrote:Didn't hazard say in an interview that he actually liked Conte?

He said from all managers he had, he would love to work with Mourinho again iirc.

“When you leave the pitch you have the impression that you’ve ran, but that you haven’t played a game of football,” said Hazard. “That’s a pity. “We could have played on for three hours and I wouldn’t touch a ball.

“When the manager plays me up front, I try to give everything. We haven’t played a good game. For me personally it’s difficult to play a good game, when you only touch the ball three times.

“I try to jump towards the long balls. I played against (Nicolas) Otamendi and (Aymeric) Laporte. It’s not easy to win duels against them. We haven’t played with our qualities. If (Olivier) Giroud or (Alvaro) Morata would have played up front, it would have been easier to play those long balls.

This is the second time Hazard has questioned his false nine role, following the Champions League last-16 first leg draw with Barcelona.

After that game, Hazard said: “In games like this against a quality opposition, it's difficult. You don't get a lot of balls. I think I might have touched 25 balls—and 15 of them were flying toward my head.

“That's not really playing with my qualities. If I had to choose, I prefer to play like I did in the last 10 minutes, but it's the manager who has the final word. On the wing I feel more comfortable. That's my place.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/05/chelsea-players-fear-eden-hazard-could-driven-antonio-contes/
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Pudpop wrote:Didn't hazard say in an interview that he actually liked Conte?

I wanna say Courtois is the one who doesn't like Conte, but who does he like? Lol
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dynamite » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Lopetegui confirmed as their worst manager ever

Need someone in asap to have any hope for CL
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:04 pm

And hes gone

Hope is rekindled
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Apparently Conte doesn't want to take over at Madrid due it's overtly political dressing room environment.

Looooool.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague on BBC Radio 5 live

"Antonio Conte is asking for so much. He is asking for two and a half years, asking to be a manager, asking for more money than Real Madrid are willing to pay. They are surprised this has not gone smoother. On Sunday, they were very optimistic Conte would replace Lopetegui.

"Florentino Perez always asks the leaders of the dressing room about managerial decisions. When he got rid of Rafael Benitez, he asked Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos. He has asked Sergio Ramos this time and he doesn't like the idea of Conte.

"Fans will be underwhelmed for sure. Solari hasn't impressed in the league, but what the fans don't realise is every year he has been given a bunch of kids in the third tier, which is all about adults and being strong mentally and physically - and his players have not been.

"But about 12 players from his team in the past two seasons now play in the first or second divisions. That means he is a good coach.

"There is a lot of hope for him, but everyone feels it is a little bit too early - even the board."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45935137
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Conte comes across as such a control freak. It's almost scary.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Hopefully they go for wenger
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Hopefully they go for wenger

Would be hilarious

Perez "100m for Hazard. Can you work with him?"

Wenger "Rather have Gervinho"
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:39 am

Antonio Conte is out of the running to become Real Madrid's next head coach, according to a report on the Spanish television channel Cuatro.

The Italian "has made the decision after giving it a lot of thought", the report said, adding: "The reasons for the breakdown in the negotiations are unknown, but they are not thought to be financial. It may be that Conte felt that not everyone in the dressing room would be in favour of his arrival."

Conte had been heavily tipped to succeed Julen Lopetegui, whose dismissal as Madrid boss was confirmed this evening; however, AS had learned this afternoon that complications had arisen in talks between Los Blancos and the former Chelsea manager.

Santiago Solari, who is currently coach of Castilla, the club's 'B' team, has now been placed in caretaker charge of the senior side, starting with Madrid's last-32 trip to face Melilla in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday

Sources in Italy said earlier today that, despite suggestions that Conte's move to the Spanish capital had been agreed, he was yet to give Madrid a definite 'yes', and was particularly keen to get further clarification from the European champions over their future plans for the first-team squad.

Conte is still in the process of finalising his contractual ties with Chelsea but, having been relieved of his duties as boss of the Premier League side in July, is from a sporting standpoint free to take on a new coaching job.

In the wake of Sunday's 5-1 Clásico defeat to Barcelona, Madrid captain Sergio Ramos did not offer a ringing endorsement of the potential appointment of Conte, who is known for his strict management style. "Respect is won, it's not imposed," Ramos told reporters. "We have won everything with managers that you know, and in the end, the management of the dressing room is more important than the technical knowledge of a manager."

https://en.as.com/en/2018/10/29/footbal ... 01911.html

Ach wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Hopefully they go for wenger

Would be hilarious

Perez "100m for Hazard. Can you work with him?"

Wenger "Rather have Gervinho"

He'd be the Head Coach there as Unai is here.

From 2007, Wenger was also our unofficial CEO and somewhere along the path, he forgot that he's supposed to be a football coach and not act like an owner.

That said, I doubt Wenger will go there. The player power structure with Ramos and Kroos is toxic there.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:48 am

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:07 am

They need to name their permanent manager within two weeks per La Liga rules.

Reckon they'll announce Santiago Solari as their "perma manager" for formality with Poch heading down South in the summer.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football