World Cup 2022 qualifying thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

World Cup 2022 qualifying thread

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:23 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55099601

I know its already started in South America but European one matters more hence the thread.

England
Wales
Scotland
Luxembourg
Andorra
San Marino

Is needed
Ach
SE13
SE13

Re: World Cup 2022 qualifying thread

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:45 am

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:21 pm

Group A: Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan

Group B: Spain, Sweden, Greece, Georgia, Kosovo

Group C: Italy, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria, Lithuania

Group D: France, Ukraine, Finland, Bosnia, Kazakhstan

Group E: Belgium, Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia

Group F: Denmark, Austria, Scotland, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova

Group G: Netherlands, Turkey, Norway, Montenegro, Latvia, Gibraltar

Group H: Croatia, Slovakia, Russia, Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta

Group I: England, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino

Group J: Germany, Romania, Iceland, North Macedonia, Armenia, Liechtenstein

Lewa v Maguire....dear god
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:45 am

Apparently 6500 workers have died building the stadiums, workers have shitty conditions and some of them are not getting paid.
Why is this acceptable?

When GF died and the months of BLM started, the world was not large enough.
Why havent I seen a single football player mentioning this? Where are the boycotts? These lives don't matter?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am

They’re Muslim lives I’d guess, we all know no one gives a f**k about them unfortunately. Said it before, maybe things will change in the future once black people feel equal but all these people who are out marching about equality are such hypocrites, they don’t give a f**k when it doesn’t suit them. People still have some stigma that Muslim = terrorist imo.

Same with the Uighur’s in China, hardly any media coverage and hardly any of your influencers, who were so loud about BLM, saying or doing anything about it.

Only one difference...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:28 pm

This is nothing unusual and hasn't just come about with the Qatar WC.

I worked in the ME and saw migrant workers (mostly from the Indian subcontinent) out in the blazing heat doing construction work every day. If one of them dies they put it down to heart failure or some other thing.

They treat these people like slaves all over the ME. Have done for many decades. Dubai was built on the back of these people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Santi wrote:They’re Muslim lives I’d guess, we all know no one gives a f**k about them unfortunately. Said it before, maybe things will change in the future once black people feel equal but all these people who are out marching about equality are such hypocrites, they don’t give a f**k when it doesn’t suit them. People still have some stigma that Muslim = terrorist imo.

Same with the Uighur’s in China, hardly any media coverage and hardly any of your influencers, who were so loud about BLM, saying or doing anything about it.

Only one difference...

Not sure if i agree buddy. I think it has more to do with money than anything else to be honest. And the fact that if teams wouldnt go, it would affect their players carreer. Which is only so f***ing hypocrite of the players.

When BLM happend, a football talkshow here in the netherlands was being critized of the goals of the BLM movement. Wijnaldum and van dijk were apparently so angry they urged everyone to boycott the tv show. Yet, next year they willbe the one cheering in stadiums that is built on human lives.

Any player going to qatar becomes part of the problem and has blood on their hands tbh.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:This is nothing unusual and hasn't just come about with the Qatar WC.

I worked in the ME and saw migrant workers (mostly from the Indian subcontinent) out in the blazing heat doing construction work every day. If one of them dies they put it down to heart failure or some other thing.

They treat these people like slaves all over the ME. Have done for many decades. Dubai was built on the back of these people.

I did not know this.

I was only aware that a few workers had died during construction. I was thinking of maybe 5 workers at most, which is alreadt f***ing sad.

But 6500?!?! I stillcan not believe it. Maybe i am naive, but surely the worldcup in qatar must and will be boycotted?!

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Dejan wrote:
Phil71 wrote:This is nothing unusual and hasn't just come about with the Qatar WC.

I did not know this.

I was only aware that a few workers had died during construction. I was thinking of maybe 5 workers at most, which is alreadt f***ing sad.

But 6500?!?! I stillcan not believe it. Maybe i am naive, but surely the worldcup in qatar must and will be boycotted?!

One British expat I knew in Bahrain had an Indian guy working for him full time at his home doing cleaning, gardening and just about anything else. This guy would have parties at the weekend and the Indian guy would work behind a small bar serving drinks. He lived in a little house on their property.

He approached the British guy one day and asked if he could have an advance on his salary so he could buy a sewing machine. His plan was to take rough bails of material from the market and edge them all off nicely so they could sell for more. Of course the merchants would pay him for that. The British guy just bought him the machine. The guy was working day and night to earn extra money.

He was apparently working to support an extended family back home that included his wife & kids and both sets of parents.

It's what a lot of those guys out there are doing. That's why they don't complain.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jesse Lingard (West Ham, on loan from Manchester United), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

No Trent or bamford. Dier lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:30 pm

It really is disgusting that this WC is in Qatar - complete corruption.
How the tournament is not being boycotted by many nations is quite unbelievable, but at the very least England should be leading by example and pulling out of the tournament.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Ach wrote:
Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jesse Lingard (West Ham, on loan from Manchester United), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

No Trent or bamford. Dier lol

Oh no, how will we deal with the mighty San Marino without them?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:It really is disgusting that this WC is in Qatar - complete corruption.
How the tournament is not being boycotted by many nations is quite unbelievable, but at the very least England should be leading by example and pulling out of the tournament.

Of course it's there by corruption, it was Blatter's dirty crony committee who took the bribes for it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:18 pm

All the more reason to put Bamford in.

He's been better than Watkins.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Just realised there's 3 England games in a week during this break which probably means others are playing 3 times as well

Wtf is this bs

Injuries galore incoming
Ach
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to World Football