2019 Women's World Cup

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: 2019 Women's World Cup

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Dejan wrote:watched 10 min today of the women's world cup

couldnt bare it so turned it off. Didnt know it was this bad lmao

At least we qualified for a WC. Same can't be said for USA or Netherlands men :rofll:

:crybaby:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:45 pm

i think calling the 2nd soft is absolutely fair.\1st was textbook pen.

as for contacts in box... i think the defensive grabbing on cprners needsa be eliniated by calling more PEN on those infractions.
its FOOTball, not handball, shirt grabbing needsa be reigned in as well.

BTW, VAR just worked perfectly twice in Swe/Can... its a process
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:49 am

America is crashing the Women's Euros :)

Quarterfinals
Norway - England (June 27)
France - United States (June 28)
----------------------------------------------
Italy - Netherlands (June 28)
Germany - Sweden (June 29)
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 pm

japan outclassed netherlands but couldnt finish...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Trying to be interested in this

Failing
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:33 pm

The quality of the football is often breathtakingly poor.

If these are the best women in the world the sport has a very, very long way to go before it can be spoken in the same breath as men’s football.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:48 am

And that's why they shouldn't get paid as much as the men. Is isn't as entertaining so it won't generate the same revenue. Now in the regular professional world of everyday jobs like you and I have, sure pay women the same, but when it comes to sports, sorry, if the owners paid women the same, then their sport wouldn't last long because they wouldn't be able to generate enough money to pay them like the men. It's just the world we live in.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Yep.

Same applies to tennis. If the women want equal pay, let’s make the competitions just one tournament open to both male and female.

Not sure they’d go for that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 pm

StLGooner wrote:And that's why they shouldn't get paid as much as the men. Is isn't as entertaining so it won't generate the same revenue. Now in the regular professional world of everyday jobs like you and I have, sure pay women the same, but when it comes to sports, sorry, if the owners paid women the same, then their sport wouldn't last long because they wouldn't be able to generate enough money to pay them like the men. It's just the world we live in.

the case for the US national teams is compelling. men are GARBAGE. women are consistentlt TOP3. discuss.

i think they adopted this in tennis. GARBAGE! 3 sets only? i forget who said... mens #100 prolly kick womens #1 ass.... well, MAYBE not, but not far off.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:21 am

Losmeister wrote:
StLGooner wrote:And that's why they shouldn't get paid as much as the men. Is isn't as entertaining so it won't generate the same revenue. Now in the regular professional world of everyday jobs like you and I have, sure pay women the same, but when it comes to sports, sorry, if the owners paid women the same, then their sport wouldn't last long because they wouldn't be able to generate enough money to pay them like the men. It's just the world we live in.

the case for the US national teams is compelling. men are GARBAGE. women are consistentlt TOP3. discuss.

i think they adopted this in tennis. GARBAGE! 3 sets only? i forget who said... mens #100 prolly kick womens #1 ass.... well, MAYBE not, but not far off.

Definitely true. I forget who it was or his exact ranking, but the 212-216th (somewhere in there, might have been in the 220s idr) ranked male tennis player destroyed Serena. As a whole, men are so much more physically stronger and faster than women that it's way more than enough to overcome any technical advantages the woman may have.

As for national teams pay, it depends. Our women have won 3/7 WWC (could be 4/8 if they win this one) and never finished worse than 3rd, whereas our men are usually borderline top 20-25. But even so, I wanna say the men bring in more money and viewers, so that's why they should get paid more - nothing to do with ability relative to their peers.

Now to play devil's advocate, we can treat for national team players like college players. The NCAA has Title IX, and the big money sports (football and men's basketball) subsidize other sports. It could be like that too for national teams where the men subsidize the women since the men likely won't be hurting for money anyway due to their endorsement deals and higher club salaries (yeah people like Alex Morgan probably earn more from endorsements than our men's 3rd choice GK, but she's an outlier). But most importantly, playing for your country should be about national pride and not an extra zero in your bank account.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:29 am

Phil71 wrote:Yep.

Same applies to tennis. If the women want equal pay, let’s make the competitions just one tournament open to both male and female.

Plus tennis is probably the most unequal sport around. Women get paid the same as men for doing less work.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:17 am

Agreed. They are weaker, Lack of skill, lack of drawing power, little commercial viability.

They must earn less, that's all
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:20 pm

i think, very speifically, USA mens soccer should not be getting paid what they are..wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpaid... in this INSTANCE, i think its a legit claim.

tennis most unequal? oh, never mind...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Losmeister wrote:i think, very speifically, USA mens soccer should not be getting paid what they are..wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpaid... in this INSTANCE, i think its a legit claim.

tennis most unequal? oh, never mind...

What do they get paid?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Yep.

Plus tennis is probably the most unequal sport around. Women get paid the same as men for doing less work.

Tennis the one sport where women actually have a legit argument. Big example being the US open where Serena/Venus mean that more people will view female tennis
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to World Football