2019 Women's World Cup

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

2019 Women's World Cup

Postby LMAO » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:03 am

Always rated this over the men's World Cup. No it's not because our women are consistently one of the best teams in the world...

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Re: 2019 Women's World Cup

Postby Dejan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:03 am

The dutch will win it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am

Kind of feel for Thailand, but damn, you can't just quit on the game. I don't know if we should have backed off or how you even do that without making it obvious. I know many were celebrating their first WC goal, but once it gets to like 7-0 maybe don't celebrate that much, because it's obvious the competition is inferior.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 pm

StLGooner wrote:Kind of feel for Thailand, but damn, you can't just quit on the game. I don't know if we should have backed off or how you even do that without making it obvious. I know many were celebrating their first WC goal, but once it gets to like 7-0 maybe don't celebrate that much, because it's obvious the competition is inferior.

i thought it was poor as well. making america ugly again.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Losmeister wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Kind of feel for Thailand, but damn, you can't just quit on the game. I don't know if we should have backed off or how you even do that without making it obvious. I know many were celebrating their first WC goal, but once it gets to like 7-0 maybe don't celebrate that much, because it's obvious the competition is inferior.

i thought it was poor as well. making america ugly again.

I heard they were doing choreographed dances/celebrations after that. Bit much imo. Just act like you've been there before grab the ball and go to the center dot.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Regarding running up the score: I'd let off the gas if it were an elimination game in order to conserve energy for the next game, but not in a group stage game where GD could be the difference between us or Sweden topping the group.

And gonna sound like a dick here, but I don't see a problem with celebrating, especially since it's the World Cup. To paraphrase Belichick: If you don't want to see them celebrate, then stop them from scoring.

Also, America is a villain throughout much of the world, so may as well embrace the role :grin:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 pm

LMAO wrote:

Regarding running up the score: I'd let off the gas if it were an elimination game in order to conserve energy for the next game, but not in a group stage game where GD could be the difference between us or Sweden topping the group.

And gonna sound like a dick here, but I don't see a problem with celebrating, especially since it's the World Cup. To paraphrase Belichick: If you don't want to see them celebrate, then stop them from scoring.

Also, America is a villain throughout much of the world, so may as well embrace the role :grin:

it also occured to me that there was breaking the record for biggest WC margin.... so..., for me, it was only the excess celebration on the last 8 goals... :hiding:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 pm

they said it was a contreversial PEN in France/Norway, just saw it...stone cold for me.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:32 am

Losmeister wrote:they said it was a contreversial PEN in France/Norway, just saw it...stone cold for me.

Never a penalty - was homecooking imo. The France player went in with two feet whereas the Norway player looked like she had the intention of clearing the ball. Of course studs are going to come up when you swing your leg up in a kicking motion.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Imageone thing t make contact on follow through , another for your follow through to be 3 feet up the leg...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:57 am

btw, VAR has been interesting... France/Nigeria they absolutely got it right o the PEN and the PEN replay. In real time it looked like the France player wnet for a flying kick and missed, in slo mo you saw how the Nigerian defender swept her back leg away... and the keeper was off the line.

The GK being off the line will be called alot with MEN if the GKs dont really practice staying home... they always cheat.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:17 pm

LMAO wrote:

I think after 7 goals they were going to be just fine on GD. Ha!

But I hear ya, they already hate us, heck just read some the anti American comments on this forum.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Teams have to keep trying to score IMO otherwise they leave themselves open to allegations of match fixing. Remember people bet on these matches.

Regarding goal celebrations, yeah be professional about it. Nobody likes a show off in those circumstances
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:14 pm

Gotta feel for Chile - missed PK away from the knockout stages.

Left Bracket
Norway - Australia (June 22)
England - Cameroon (June 23)
-------------------------------
France - Brazil (June 23)
Spain - United States (June 24)

Right Bracket
Italy - China (June 25)
Netherlands - Japan (June 25)
-------------------------------
Germany - Nigeria (June 22)
Sweden - Canada (June 24)

Sucks that the two best teams in the world (USA, France) will likely meet in the quarterfinals, but such is the nature of knockout competitions. At least no one can say we had the easy road this time around. And ffs, England and Germany have cakewalks to the quarterfinals.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Netherlands looked pretty solid as well.. fluent moving forward..if Miedema gets on track...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Next

Return to World Football